• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Starfield is massive, and growing.

The hate on this game is weird just because it is an Xbox exclusive. Series S is dirt cheap. Buy one and play the game instead of hating on it for ridiculous reasons like a child.
Tell that to the people here who have been shitting on Final Fantasy XVI non-stop.

There can be peace in this world, but BOTH SIDES have to want it.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Starfield |OT | 25 years in the making
Starfield |OT| Whos Laughing Now
Starfield |OT| Mankind explores the Rim in the Sky
images

E3xyjZcX0Akt7MP.jpg

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Tell that to the people here who have been shitting on Final Fantasy XVI non-stop.

Dude, what? Your basically saying tit for tat is OK?

Also, FFXVI took a serious detour from previous entries and people took issue with that. You can't complain about that. It also wasn't a good game so, deal with it lol

Stop derailing the thread with whataboutism

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT

not sure about ‘both sides’ since the vast majority of posts in this forum complaining about FFXVI have been from owners locked in the ‘turn based vs action’ debate.

I suspect we’ll have our fair share of BG3 vs Starfield debates from folks that would have played them both

Scotty W

gamers lol...too much hype, not enough hype
hype is in your heart, you nurture it like a seedling, you water it, help it grow untill it blocks out all the sunlight, drags you into the basement and kills you with your own expectations
One of the greatest posts of all time. It cries truth from the sap!

These some opinions starting to leak from the Xbox "influencers" who are currently playing the game and they are saying the game is amazing.

I think this was part of the reasoning that MS gave out codes to some of these people. They were allowed to say they were playing the game, when normally you arnt allowed to tell anyone you are playing an unreleased game for review purposes.
I reckon MS know the game is legit good, and they know these guys will start to blab about it, which is going to further promote the game.

Who is this Grummz guy? Seems to be exposing himself recently.

He's the talking about shills guy isn't he, but seems to be a shill himself?
Shit come out bout him. Idk if it was true. It was stuff that happen few years ago. Ppl that did work with him hated his ass. But don’t know much about it

The last game I can remember that had this type of hype leading up to its release was Red Dead Redemption 2.
It's trending on twitter every day. Forums and social media are all about Starfield, and MS hasn't advertised jack shit for it.

I haven't really been a Bethesda guy, but I am a space guy, so this game is for me, but was the hype like this when the last Elder Scrolls came out?
Like the hype for Fallout 76?

avin

I'll add that each generation gets the games it deserves.

The Doom reboot and then Doom Eternal defined the previous gen for me. So far, I wasn't so impressed with this gen. But with MSFS, It takes two, and now BG3, I've had to admit I might change my mind. And I'm hoping to change it more with Starfield. We'll see.

Is that hype? It's as much hype as I do.

avin

Last edited:

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Is the hype so big? I don't think it's comparable to Skyrim or Fallout levels, at all. Maybe because I'm out of the loop. Anyway, pre-installed on Series X on Gamepass and have the premium content ordered as well. Let's see. I hope I'm done with BG3 before this comes out, but I doubt it. Also have Armored Core coming in. This has been a great year so far.

tmlDan

Is the hype so big? I don't think it's comparable to Skyrim or Fallout levels, at all. Maybe because I'm out of the loop. Anyway, pre-installed on Series X on Gamepass and have the premium content ordered as well. Let's see. I hope I'm done with BG3 before this comes out, but I doubt it. Also have Armored Core coming in. This has been a great year so far.
We really should stop caring, maybe just play and enjoy the game cause sales will be diluted by GP.

Ozriel

M$FT

Yeesh. This is the person whose tweet was used to spawn a multi-page thread here about ‘paid fans’?

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Game developer turned studio founder turned internet clout grifter. Quite the career path indeed.

I'll add that each generation gets the games it deserves.

The Doom reboot and then Doom Eternal defined the previous gen for me. So far, I wasn't so impressed with this gen. But with MSFS and now BG3, I've had to admit I might change my mind. And I'm hoping to change it more. We'll see.

Is that hype? It's as much hype as I do.

avin

I’m actually quite hyped for the upcoming FS2024. All the improvements seem really promising indeed.

Top Bottom