• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I - PS5 - Coming September 2 (PC version in development)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Can’t wait to platinum this game once again.

Dr0XXAn.jpg
8z5wV9V.jpg
uXZpfqB.jpg
KeXe6oe.jpg
RO7OGi5.jpg
Yummy 60fps too!

My sources are reporting that they hired the Rockstar dev responsible for the horse ballsack physics.

You've never seen a giraffe like this.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That’s not happening for SP first party titles and you already knew that.
Sony is not going that route.

For new games, yes, but as you've said yourself, this is building off an existing game.

I'd have imagined something like this would be prime fodder to get people to sign up for the service.

But then again, they're not bundling in MP in this .. which is a veeery weird thing .. and that would be more relevant to get people signed up to PS+.

SeraphJan

Good for some people, but for me a completely waste of resources, instead why not make Uncharted 5 or TLOU part 3

Swift_Star

Banned
For new games, yes, but as you've said yourself, this is building off an existing game.

I'd have imagined something like this would be prime fodder to get people to sign up for the service.

But then again, they're not bundling in MP in this .. which is a veeery weird thing .. and that would be more relevant to get people signed up to PS+.
It’s essentially a new game. It’s not the same SKU. It’ll sell like hotcakes and be bundled with consoles in the future. There’s literally no reason to put this on PS+ for now.

Last edited:
Guys, the only reason you think there's no improvement in the graphics department is because you remember it differently.

I loved the first game so yeah, I'll pick this up. Glad I held off on playing the remastered version. It looks like they're using the same eye tech (something that REALLY impressed me in the second game) in this one as well

John Bilbo

I wonder if they will use the same audio files from the original / remaster or if they have re-recorded the dialogue

There will be a PS4 version. Sony has a habit of announcing games as PS5 releases. HFW, Miles, GT7, GOW, RE8, RE4make, Godfall were all announced as PS5 games. They are all cross gen.

They didnt limit their graphics vision and deliver an underwhelming remake for no reason. This game was designed to sell to PS4 owners with a 60 fps mode for PS5 owners.
This is totally different. The game releases less than 3 months from now. If there's a PS4 version we'd know about it today.

Bragr

Banned
I feel for geoof kengily (yes i don't know how to spell his name) for idiots spoiling his shit.

SeraphJan

It's not their only project (more like a side one), you know?
Yeah, but it takes resources to make such a big budget game, with that, why not put it where the resources is needed. The first game isn't really outdated, and if the remake changes nothing other than graphic, I don't think its worth a buy

Good for some people, but for me a completely waste of resources, instead why not make Uncharted 5 or TLOU part 3

Because there new games where in early development.

This was made to retain all their current staff while pre production on new games happened.

It's literally a no brainer

Last edited:
I'm sure some people will buy it again, but a 2nd remaster for a less than 10 year old game seems completely unnecessary, and annoying when they could be using those resources to making another new game, or remastering a game that actually needs it

Hugare

Because fuck cross gen that's why
"fuck cross gen" and make a game that looks like it could run on PS4?

Dumb

I would have liked to see something like Demons Souls, not TLOU 1 in TLOU 2 exact graphics

Last edited:

Naw fam they got stray for that

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yup

Charging $70 for a remake nobody asked for with ps4 graphics

Hard pass on this and won’t be supporting such a cash grab

The game was good to play through once but I couldn’t manage to get through all the slog again on the ps4 remake

What a waste of dev time and money
I played it 10x. 5x on PS4, 4x on PS4 and then once more after the PS4 Pro 4k patch. ;p Wonderful PS3 game, but man I wanted more than just PS4 combat. I remember posting about ND should use this as a game to really experiment with the CPU pushing the A.I, physics and destruction we have never seen before, but doesnt look like we are going to get any of that since they didnt even bother upgrading the graphics to next gen standards.

Neil was made President in 2020, right? 2 years later, he produces a last gen remake. This is why you dont put creative in charge of studios. Bring Shu back. When Bluepoint is producing better visual quality than ND, it's time to shake things up.

kyliethicc

Wait, it's the EXACT same shit with better graphics?
Updated gameplay.

“faithfully reproduced but incorporating modernized gameplay, improved controls and expanded accessibility options. Plus, feel immersed with improved effects and enhanced exploration and combat.”

I wonder if they will use the same audio files from the original / remaster or if they have re-recorded the dialogue
The original performances remain. Same story, just remade tech and updated gameplay.

Last edited:

Banned
Name a single game from the PS3/360 era that came close to this.

Actually, I’ll save you the time. You can’t.

close to how braindead the gameplay is or close to how many fake puzzles they have (or how many times the same puzzle repeats)?

close to the terrible framerate on PS3?

what should it come close to? how unimaginative the stealth gameplay is?

I'm definitely curious about that as well. Because they don't really just "record dialogue." They have Drunkman in there directing a 20 hr movie basically, selecting the motion capture takes and audio takes live a lot of the time.

You'd think they'd need some facial mocap but who knows.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I’m in for sure, uncharted, spider man, Horzion, god of war and the last of us..

Just need knack and we got them all!

Banjo64

cumsessed
close to how braindead the gameplay is or close to how many fake puzzles they have (or how many times the same puzzle repeats)?

close to the terrible framerate on PS3?

what should it come close to? how unimaginative the stealth gameplay is?
So you couldn’t name a game that came close to it? Or are you just worried that people will rip your taste to shreds? 😂

Top Bottom