• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Announced + Trailer. Release Slated for January 2024

Hugare

lol at people loosing their minds

They will charge $10 like they did for every other 1st party game upgrade in the past

Expect Quality Mode at 30/40 FPS and Peformance at dynamic 1800p, plus Dualsense features, and thats it.

Unless they add a bunch of new stuff to justify a bigger price, like $20. But I doubt that. 'Cause they must be busy with Factions/new IP.

Last edited:
No new content no buy.
JwyPDF1.gif

rofif

Banned
You said that the reason to trust them was that they were running from a damn zombie horde like joel, if you can't understand how that is a silly point to bring up, i can't help you.

EVERY SINGLE HUMAN IN TLOU UNIVERSE is gonna run from an horde, it is not a reason to be trustworthy, like at all.

You see an horde, you run, no matter how bad of a human you are.
He could've left Abby as horde food/distraction so he was being compassionate. It's sad to see how that pays off for him.

For someone surviving that long it's jarring to see him just forgetting about those experiences that kept him alive without any setup.

And like GymWolf said, having a common enemy doesn't make you trust worthy.
Traumatic experiences (or escaping zombie horde) connect people. You can't be on your toes 24h/7. Every survivalist fails and this was Joels mistake.
This mistake is what gave him character and human characteristics. He wouldn't do that in the first game. He did that 5 years later because he is not the same Joel. He knows again what it is to feel love and care and that makes people weaker and less rational.

Ulysses 31

Traumatic experiences (or escaping zombie horde) connect people. You can't be on your toes 24h/7. Every survivalist fails and this was Joels mistake.
This mistake is what gave him character and human characteristics. He wouldn't do that in the first game. He did that 5 years later because he is not the same Joel. He knows again what it is to feel love and care and that makes people weaker and less rational.
Joel probably still had to kill bandits or infected in defence of Jackson in those 5 years so it would've been nice to see him gradually change and not let it happen 99% off-screen.

rofif

Banned
Joel probably still had to kill bandits or infected in defence of Jackson in those 5 years so it would've been nice to see him gradually change and not let it happen 99% off-screen.
well sure but they showed some past experiences.
They couldn't show 5 years. it's not a tv show. There is enough to infer this

Last edited:

Xtib81

You said that the reason to trust them was that they were running from a damn zombie horde like joel, if you can't understand how that is a silly point to bring up, i can't help you.

EVERY SINGLE HUMAN IN TLOU UNIVERSE is gonna run from an horde, it is not a reason to be trustworthy, like at all.

You see an horde, you run, no matter how bad of a human you are.

That's the thing that always had me dubious. There is no scenario in which Joel would give his name and trust a group of strangers after everything he's been through. It just doesn't make any sense and the fact that he's been chilling for some time doesn't justify anything.

Objectively speaking this is a PC and PS5 project. With PC being arguably the more significant target because its the first time the game's been available on the platform and hence offering higher sales potential. This also means its more of an engineering project than a creative one, so I'd expect any additions to be fairly modest.

On the other hand as there is no equivalent to the Left Behind add-on to be bundled-in as a value add, they might feel the need to add something to sweeten the deal for PS5 users who already own the original. Because, let's face it, they are going to sell this at full price on PC, and therefore they cannot afford to undercut its value by offering the same thing on PS5 for a lower rrp.

Personally, I think they'd be foolish not to add content that showcases the combat in the game, rather than expand the narrative. On PS4 the issue with offering additional "arena" type combat I suspect was the load times required to pull out scene assets from various parts in the story, but on PS5 and PC with fast SSD's and directstorage this shouldn't be an issue.

Or they could just not fuck over console owners who already bought this by charging us a reasonable $10-$20 upgrade (though it should be free or $10 TOPS)

That's the thing that always had me dubious. There is no scenario in which Joel would give his name and trust a group of strangers after everything he's been through. It just doesn't make any sense and the fact that he's been chilling for some time doesn't justify anything.

I disagree. I think what many people fail to see us that Joel was ALWAYS a good person at his core. The reason he killed people was only even survival or to protect. Joel saving Abby was in character.

Ulysses 31

I disagree. I think what many people fail to see us that Joel was ALWAYS a good person at his core. The reason he killed people was only even survival or to protect. Joel saving Abby was in character.
Ehm, lore wise he was with the hunters for a while, bandits that brutally kill and rob people. He and Tommy had to do things that still gave Tommy nightmares in TLOU1. It's implied he mislead people in order to ambush them since he recognized that trick used against him and Ellie.

No doubt some TLOU1 evens and the Jackson community was restoring his humanity but to call Joel an overall good person is debatable(He was a path of redemption IMO).

Last edited:

Xtib81

Fair enough. I'd need to replay part I, it's been a decade but Joel appeared to me way more wary in part 1 (I don't remember if he trusts Henry from the get go for example). Being a good person doesn't imply to be gullible. I'd sure as hell give a fake name and fake information if I met strangers in such a World ^^

Generic

In the first game random civilian NPCs in the city knew about Joel's lawlessness. He never hid who he was.

Ulysses 31

Fair enough. I'd need to replay part I, it's been a decade but Joel appeared to me way more wary in part 1 (I don't remember if he trusts Henry from the get go for example). Being a good person doesn't imply to be gullible. I'd sure as hell give a fake name and fake information if I met strangers in such a World ^^
IIRC he doesn't, he even seems gets a little annoyed that Ellie reveals her name to Henry.

Last edited:

kaizenkko

January 19th, 2024 release for PS5, no date for PC yet.

No Return – A Roguelike Survival Mode
Experience The Last of Us Part II’s deep combat via an entirely new mode!

Survive as long as you can in each run, as you choose your path through a series of randomized encounters.

Play as a host of different unlockable characters, some never-before playable in The Last of Us franchise, each with unique gameplay traits.

The variety of challenges feature different foes and memorable locations from throughout Part II, all culminating in tense boss battles.

--------

This just seems to be the horde mode I always wanted!

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
“No Return – A Roguelike Survival Mode”

“Lost Levels lets you explore early-development versions of three new levels not seen in the original.”

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather
One of my suggestions was modes similar to Days Gone.. I should have used it as my prediction.

Very interested now.

Strategize

It just kinda struck me by how much better this still looks than pretty much everything else lol. Like I played though Alan Wake 2 all impressed then I watched this trailer then immediately became reminded of where the bar still is, because it's not just how something looks, it's the way it moves and sounds.

They shouldn't of wasted a second factions 2, but the community basically bullied them into it, they're the kings here, fuck MP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom