• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Community Thread: Timelines, Retreads and Colors Oh My

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Uploaded all the Zelda-related wallpapers I currently have in rotation on my desktop... They're all 1080p, maybe some of you might find a use for 'em. :p

Roto13

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
TheCongressman1 said:
I keep forgetting about the community thread, haha.

Anybody do anything Zelda related for halloween? I dressed up as Link and handed out candy. One kid asked me if I was Peter Pan. Kids these days.

I dressed up as Link too.

Someone asked me if I was Shrek. :/

Jasoco

Banned
Playing through Twilight Princess again to prepare for Skyward Sword...

Only took me FOUR HOURS to get to the first dungeon.

Cranzor

I'm stuck in Link to the Past, I'm sure some of you are pretty familiar with it. I am at the top of Death Mountain, at the thing that brings you to the Dark World. I jumped off the cliff and entered a door. Inside there are 3 pink things with a bunch of spikes in front of them. Not exactly sure what to do. It took me an hour just to find that door too...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Cranzor said:
Hmm, I have no clue where to go then. I'll keep looking around, that third pendant needs to be claimed.

You got the mirror right? Basically do this:

TcDcW.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Now you're thinking with portals. There are a couple more things like that in the rest of the game.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I beat Link's Awakening today for the first time. Great, great game. Only got stuck on one temple. Great primer for Skyward Sword.

Jasoco

Banned
Trying to replay through Twilight Princess and I have to say FUCK KING BULBLIN ON THE STONE BRIDGE! That plus the responsive delay of the fucking Waggle (FUCKING GIVE ME A SWORD BUTTON!) makes me wonder how I fucking got passed that part the first time 4 and a half years ago.

Red UFO

Jasoco said:
Trying to replay through Twilight Princess and I have to say FUCK KING BULBLIN ON THE STONE BRIDGE! That plus the responsive delay of the fucking Waggle (FUCKING GIVE ME A SWORD BUTTON!) makes me wonder how I fucking got passed that part the first time 4 and a half years ago.
Are you sure your Wii remote is ok? I never had any problems like that.

Roto13

Anth0ny said:
My body is ready. Anyone from Zelda-GAF coming to the Toronto SS event?
I think I'll check it out. Maybe even show up early and see if I can get a wristband to pick it up Saturday night, a full two hours before its actual launch. :p

Replaying WW, and it's amazing how much STUFF there is that TP left behind. Enemy weapons, the various bags (Spoils, Bait, Delivery), special loot items, all the sidequests on places like Windfall and Dragon Roost, treasure charts, submarines, rafts, and lookout towers, swinging on ropes, even little things like crouching and crawling and sidling against walls.

TP feels barren in comparison, despite being a longer game with more way dungeons and "gameplay."

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So much hype and won't get to play until probably Friday the 25th of November ;_;

:( Can I be 21 again? LOL

A little off but did anyone else get scared to death while playing The Forest Temple in OOT? Music is creepy as hell

gamergirly said:
A little off but did anyone else get scared to death while playing The Forest Temple in OOT? Music is creepy as hell
It's still one of my favorite temples in the entire franchise—including my beloved 2D games. The great thing about Ocarina of Time's dungeons was that they felt really claustrophobic; there are all these tiny corridors, small rooms, and blind corners. The Forest Temple amplified that feeling by having all the walls covered in vines. There's an abandoned mansion vibe to the place, with the staircases and portraits, and the wallmasters and floormasters really ratcheted up the paranoia. The Poes didn't make things any more comfortable. And yeah, the music is my favorite temple music in the game, excluding the pre-gimped version of the Fire Temple's theme.

Love that game so much.

Hypatia

EmCeeGramr said:
Replaying WW, and it's amazing how much STUFF there is that TP left behind. Enemy weapons, the various bags (Spoils, Bait, Delivery), special loot items, all the sidequests on places like Windfall and Dragon Roost, treasure charts, submarines, rafts, and lookout towers, swinging on ropes, even little things like crouching and crawling and sidling against walls.

TP feels barren in comparison, despite being a longer game with more way dungeons and "gameplay."

The lack of enemy spoils and stealing enemy weapons in TP really stood out to me. I loved those aspects of WW and was really hoping they'd expand on them in TP.

And I know people hated the stealth sections but I'd've loved to see them cleaned up and expanded on (though as more optional parts). In TP removing those extra ways of navigating the enviroment made Link feel a lot more limited to me.

I also really missed the fact that hitting enemies on TP didn't come with those sharp, sudden notes of music. Loved that in WW; it made what amounted to incredibly simplistic combat feel a lot more dynamic and visceral.

But yeah TP feels incredibly barren in comparison. Which is actually pretty odd considering... Maybe it's easier to forgive an ocean for being empty than it is to forgive a large field.

I've been wondering though, do people who hate Wind Wakers sailing also hate walking through the world in games like Skyrim or Fallout?

Because personally I love doing that as much as I loved the sailing.

Jasoco

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
You're right. Raping Granny threatened to sodomise me in the Sony E3 conference thread. That was pretty frightening.
Just to clarify. Is that "Raping" Granny? Or "Rapping" Granny?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Started working on a collagey/posterish thing for Skyward Sword... but I'll be away from my computer/tablet for a while, so I guess I won't finish it till after I've beaten the game. :p

ss_poster_wipn88vq.jpg

So hyped! A Thanksgiving week with a new Zelda game is the best kind.

gamergirly said:
God yes. Creepier than the Shadow Temple, for my money.

Creepiest Zelda enemy, though, is definitely Wind Waker Redead.

Hypatia said:
The lack of enemy spoils and stealing enemy weapons in TP really stood out to me. I loved those aspects of WW and was really hoping they'd expand on them in TP.
Stealing the necklaces from those ridiculously stylized moblins and watching them act all confused was an absolute joy. The enemy spoils really didn't serve as much of a purpose as they maybe should have, but it was still fun (and RPG-like) to get enemy-specific items.

Hypatia said:
I've been wondering though, do people who hate Wind Wakers sailing also hate walking through the world in games like Skyrim or Fallout?
Having played both WW and Oblivion (but not Skyrim or Fallout 3/New Vegas), the difference is that there was more to the scenery in Oblivion. Shallow perhaps, but Wind Waker was for the most part open sea dotted with the occasional island. Open-world RPGs are at least more interesting for me to roam around simply because there are changes in the landscape. I'm one of the ones who didn't love sailing around in Wind Waker, but I get why a lot of people loved it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
ExMachina said:
Started working on a collagey/posterish thing for Skyward Sword... but I'll be away from my computer/tablet for a while, so I guess I won't finish it till after I've beaten the game. :p

http://www.abload.de/img/ss_poster_wipn88vq.jpg[IMG]

So hyped! A Thanksgiving week with a new Zelda game is the best kind.[/QUOTE]
Really like Link's facial features here. Can't wait to see the final product. :)

[quote=Anth0ny]My body is ready. Anyone from Zelda-GAF coming to the Toronto SS event?[/quote]
I wish I could go, but I no longer go to school downtown anymore so it's really out of the way. Commuting to Toronto that day might be a bit of a pain. :/

Take pics, if you do go! :)

Top Bottom