• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please ALWAYS use spoiler tags in this thread. OoT is an old game, but many users here will be playing it for the first time. Let's not spoil their fun!

headerlem7.png

1_basicinfowupl.png

small_triforcefq6t.png
Title: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
small_triforcefq6t.png
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
small_triforcefq6t.png
Developer: Grezzo Co.
small_triforcefq6t.png
Publisher: Nintendo
small_triforcefq6t.png
Players: 1
small_triforcefq6t.png
Online: No
small_triforcefq6t.png
Yellow filter: No
small_triforcefq6t.png
Water Temple: Yes

A LEGEND RETURNS IN MAGICAL 3D THIS JUNE

Experience The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D in the palm of your hand, exclusively on Nintendo 3DS

One of the most critically-acclaimed games of all time The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time has returned, this time in full 3D - without the need for glasses - and exclusively to Nintendo 3DS. Brace yourselves this summer as The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D - a masterful enhancement on one of the landmark releases in video game history – comes to Europe on 17th June, 2011.

With phenomenally re-mastered graphics and new stunning 3D visuals, fans of the original game and newcomers alike will be able to marvel at this gaming classic to join the daring adventures of one of video-gaming’s greatest heroes – Link!

Guide Link – a young boy who is tasked with saving the land of Hyrule from Ganondorf, the Gerudo King of Thieves. The evil Ganondorf is intent on gaining mastery both over the land of Hyrule and time itself and he is led by his ambition to overthrow the current Royal Family of Htrule. It is up to Link to stop him in his tracks as you guide him on a magical journey through time. Explore vast landscapes, mythical temples, dungeons, towns and villages, as well as interact with many different characters and battle various enemies – all in stunning 3D.

The game’s original control scheme has been completely re-designed to fully make the best use of the capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS system. Players will be able to control Link by utilising the Circle Pad whilst the Touch Screen of the Nintendo 3DS is used to assign items, check maps and ensure that Link is wearing the appropriate equipment - all in a fresh and intuitive way. Players can also take advantage of the in-built gyro sensor of the Nintendo 3DS; the implemented motion controls allow you to look around your environment when in first person perspective simply by physically moving the Nintendo 3DS system.

Not only does the fully-3D gameplay experience provide easier in-game navigation, but an improved and intuitive interface gives you better control as you solve puzzles, travel through time and explore the immersive land of Hyrule. Players not so familiar to the Legend of Zelda series can also get a helping hand through bite sized videos available in-game which will provide hints on how to solve puzzles encountered during your journey.
Fans of the original game will be pleased to know that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D also heralds the inclusion of two brand new additional challenges not available in the original game; Master Quest and Boss Challenge.

Master Quest mode will see some surprising changes to the game. Puzzles will have to be thought about and solved in new ways from the main Story mode, whilst items and enemies will be found in different locations. The land of Hyrule has also been reversed as locations are mirrored - so what would ordinarily have been on the right now appears on the left and vice versa. Enemies will also prove more difficult to beat, and as such the greater complexity involved in this new Master Quest will test the gameplay abilities of even the most seasoned fans and prove a new experience for all.

The new Boss Challenge mode acts as an extra treat for those players who reach a certain point within the game. It will provide players with the opportunity to face any of the previous Bosses they have defeated once again, or, the option to face and confront them one-by-one, all in a continuous battle.

The game’s graphical re-working coupled with the three-dimensional depth provided by your Nintendo 3DS breathes new life into this timeless classic. Whether you're a first-time player or a regular visitor to Hyrule, the engaging, immersive gameplay features of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D offers a magical new adventure for all.

triforceqnoh.png

1b_whatsnewwn5w.png

small_triforcefq6t.png
Improved 3D models and textures.

small_triforcefq6t.png
Smooth framerate @ 30fps in both 2D and 3D mode, with the latter not suffering from noticeable drops.

small_triforcefq6t.png
The 2D mode has added antialiasing.

small_triforcefq6t.png
Remastered music with samples similar to the original game.

small_triforcefq6t.png
One all-new orchestral track.

small_triforcefq6t.png
Touchscreen menus (which means easy switching!).

small_triforcefq6t.png
Iron Boots are now an item, not a piece of equipment.

small_triforcefq6t.png
Gyroscope controls when in first person mode (can be disabled if you prefer the analog stick).

small_triforcefq6t.png
The Water Temple was overhauled, doors and important landmarks are more visible now.

small_triforcefq6t.png
The areas using prerendered CGI as backgrounds are now in full 3D, with many all-new graphical details absent in the original game.

small_triforcefq6t.png
You can unlock a Master Quest mode (similar to the one on the Gamecube disc, but the world is mirrored and the game is harder).

small_triforcefq6t.png
You can unlock a Boss Rush mode.

small_triforcefq6t.png
Sheikah Stones play hint videos if you're stumped (Super Guide).

small_triforcefq6t.png
Possibly even more!

YoT6p.jpg

2_boxreleasexnc8.png

boxeswgmh.png

3_screenshotsit4y.png

76GEG.jpg
Xh7as.jpg

8q50S.jpg
ZH8Od.jpg

4_trailerszt57.png

5_reviewstpqj.png

small_triforcefq6t.png
Metacritic: Click here to see the current Metascore and check more reviews

small_triforcefq6t.png
Nintendo Power: 9.5/10

small_triforcefq6t.png
Official Nintendo Magazine UK: 98/100

small_triforcefq6t.png
Famitsu: 9 9 9 10 (37/40)

small_triforcefq6t.png
Eurogamer: 10/10

small_triforcefq6t.png
IGN: 9.5/10

small_triforcefq6t.png
GamePro: 4.5/5

small_triforcefq6t.png
CVG: 9.4/10

small_triforcefq6t.png
Game|Life (Wired): 9/10

small_triforcefq6t.png
Pocket Gamer UK: 10/10

small_triforcefq6t.png
GameKult.com: 9/10

small_triforcefq6t.png
Gamereactor Sweden: 10/10

6_preordergqfz.png

small_triforcefq6t.png
Australia: Ocarina and music sheets from EB Games

preorder_australiawqwg.jpg

small_triforcefq6t.png
Germany: Zelda-themed 3DS case from multiple stores

preorder_germany4tew.jpg

Amazon.de customers also get the UK poster by sending their receipt to info@nintendo.de

small_triforcefq6t.png
Greece: Deku Seeds, Zelda-themed 3DS case, ocarina, cap, keychain from nintendo.gr

preorder_greece13rxl.jpg
preorder_greece2ust9.jpg
preorder_greece3zo8e.jpg
preorder_greece4otnz.jpg
preorder_greece5ropz.jpg

small_triforcefq6t.png
UK and other European countries: Double poster and limited edition box sleeve from GAME and GameStation (UK) or GameStop (other Euro countries)

preorder_uksqzl.jpg

Zelda-themed 3DS case (like the Greek one) from play.com (UK)

preorder_greece2ust9.jpg

small_triforcefq6t.png
United States and Canada: poster from GameStop and EB Games

preorder_usaos05.jpg

7_extrasosup.png

34exj.jpg

For European users:
Hgou8.png

Please feel free to point out any error or missing content for the OP, and I'll edit it accordingly ASAP.

GCX

It seems like Europe and Japan always decide have this super colorful happy Zelda box art while US goes with gold or grey or something in between.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I am ready. This will be the second 3DS game I buy since the console had launched. Thankfully it is one of the best games ever.

U.S has the best box art. Keeps it in line with the others. That colorful should be reserved for anything but Zelda. The only time I liked a colorful box better was for Spirit Tracks.

I have this pre-ordered through amazon prime. I hope there will still be CDs left two days after release.

I posted this in the other thread and nobody noticed:

On Nintendo's E3 website for the 25th Anniversary of Zelda, if you click on the image which shows the soundtrack for this game, it opens a page to the American Club Nintendo website where it says the offer for getting the soundtrack is only available in the US.

I was looking on the UK website, under the news section and clicked on the news about the new website for this game. It says that you can register your game to get the soundtrack.

Can we or can we not get the soundtrack in the UK?!

I posted this because in the OP there is a screen cap of the US website which says it is US only.

Click on image for link to website

Rekubot

Argh, to preorder or not?! I don't think I'll be able to resist.

Great OT

Edit:
ashbash159 said:
I was looking on the UK website, under the news section and clicked on the news about the new website for this game. It says that you can register your game to get the soundtrack.
I hope this is true. If we can get confirmation I'm preordering right away.

Man

No Nintendo Club in Scandinavia so no music CD for us.

Sold off all my existing 3DS games, this is the first must have for me.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
ashbash159 said:
I posted this in the other thread and nobody noticed:

On Nintendo's E3 website for the 25th Anniversary of Zelda, if you click on the image which shows the soundtrack for this game, it opens a page to the American Club Nintendo website where it says the offer for getting the soundtrack is only available in the US.

Can we or can we not get the soundtrack in the UK?!

I posted this because in the OP there is a screen cap of the US website which says it is US only.

http://i.imgur.com/Hgou8.png[IMG][/URL]
[b]Click on image for link to website[/b][/QUOTE]
Everyone in Europe *should* be able to get the OST, [URL="http://www.nintendo.it/NOE/it_IT/news/2011/il_sito_ufficiale_di_the_legend_of_zelda_ocarina_of_time_3d__ora_online_43207.html"]the offer is also available in Italy[/URL].
They probably wrote it's just for the US on the American website because promotions usually need to have territorial limitations.

EDIT: Added your pic to the OP.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
love the idiot proofing on the front of the NA box.

awesome OP jocchan :)

can't wait til I get settled in my new apartment (or even have a home in 3 days sigh) so i can order it.

SmithnCo

I wish NA got the other boxart, and any other preorder stuff. A poster with old art isn't exactly gonna make me hustle to GameStop.

I will get it though. Ocarina is one of my favorite games and the graphics are a good overhaul.

hamchan

I could preorder the Aus version and get an ocarina or I could preorder the UK version and save $20 compares to prices here. Hmmmm

Looking forward to actually playing through the game in it's entirety for the first time! (I've only ever gotten as far as the stomach of that giant fish... thing.)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Goddamn, Japan and the Euro's have much better box art.

I didn't realize this was out so soon, though. Guess I better start scrapping together cash for a 3DS.

i'm just going to get laughed at for asking for a thread that those of us experiencing this for the first time can play in.

go ahead.

laugh :(

Gravijah

Snuggler said:
Goddamn, Japan and the Euro's have much better box art.

I didn't realize this was out so soon, though. Guess I better start scrapping together cash for a 3DS.

You could always sell your PC. Upgrade to the Master Race Quest!

Strive said:
Looking really good.

Edit: Just noticed Link's missing a part of his arm in the first pic.

It's part of the effect!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
plagiarize said:
i'm just going to get laughed at for asking for a thread that those of us experiencing this for the first time can play in.

go ahead.

I'll ask in the OP to use spoiler tags properly for those playing this game for the first time.

hamchan

plagiarize said:

go ahead.

Loolololpllollololooololol.

Anyways that sounds like a good idea considering it's gonna be spoiler fest galore in here.

SmithnCo

plagiarize said:

go ahead.

lol

No but that actually is a good idea. It would be interesting to see people's first reactions to the game.

Top Bottom