• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I hope some people realize that the whole "people don't want console experiences on a handheld" argument is incredibly stupid, given that this game is exactly what a console experience on a handheld is all about, and guess what? It's a very good thing.

Oh, and this is the best Zelda game ever, hands down. Woo!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Strive said:
Looking really good.

Edit: Just noticed Link's missing a part of his arm in the first pic.
It's not missing, actually. Part of his arm is popping up from the background.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmmm... guess Ocarina of Time is not the kind of game that will have some bargains around launch. Maybe I'll just go with GAME for a poster I'll never use and a sleeve that is not as great as the normal box art.

The OST offer is pretty ambiguous. They give us till the 30th and there'd no mention of the supply being limited so I guess everyone who registers gets one. Pretty nice of NoE if that's the case.

As soon as my $50 worth of Amazon credit from my Chase card arrives in the mail I'm ordering a 3DS (Haven't decided on color yet) and I'll be picking up OoT next Sunday or Monday from Best Buy.

I'm kind of glad that by preordering the game from GAME.co.uk in the UK you get the shiny Gold US box. I like it. We'll be getting a poster with the art from the non-GAME.co.uk preorder box anyway. That's cool. Would love to have an ocarina though.

Here's a wallpaper for it:

HCaAnl.jpg

Original - 5120 x 4000
16:9 - 3149 x 1771
16:10 - 3072 x 1920
4:3 - 3072 x 2400

Edit: Added original version from "Video Game Wallpapers, Fan Art, & Hi-Res Artwork: ~August~ Thread - Page 14 - NeoGAF". I cropped them for 16:9, 16:10 and 4:3 and then reuploaded the cropped images to imgur.

Boogiepop

Nintendo pretty much forced my hand with the soundtrack, in addition to a very nice E3 trailer on the 3DS. Bah. Oh well, guess I'm in.

Aeana

I'm looking forward to having something to play on the 3DS. But I also haven't played OoT since around the time Wind Waker came out, so this should be pretty awesome regardless.

My impressions from the other OoT3D thread:

So played a bit of the game (until you first meet Zelda). The itself is still good and fun, but I can't judge how much of the nostalgia is affecting that opinion, but I'm still enjoying myself with the game (second time ever playing it).

The controls can be annoying every now and then, especially trying to position the camera in a certain can be a pain. The vision (super guide) stuff is very subtle, it only shows up when you enter a vision stone or die during a boss fight, where you will get the option to view a vision, save & continue or save & quit.

Graphics are fine. Essentially the games look like we all imagine the game looked like back then in our heads now. The 3D is a bit odd at times, they do some great stuff know and then with depth, but every now and then it becomes very obvious that the camera angles weren't designed with 3D in mind originally.

No gold cartridge btw

Edit: The hidden pictures in Zeldas garden seems to be replaced by a Mario 1 looking wall mural, but I'm not complete sure. It doesn't seem like there's any obvious pictures on the walls.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
ashbash159 said:
I'm kind of glad that by preordering the game from GAME.co.uk in the UK you get the shiny Gold US box. I like it. We'll be getting a poster with the art from the non-GAME.co.uk preorder box anyway. That's cool. Would love to have an ocarina though.

*snip*
Could you please reupload at least the original res one to abload.de?
Imgur.com adds some terrible compression :(

ashbash159 said:

Thanks! Beautiful.

Oxx

BGBW said:
The OST offer is pretty ambiguous. They give us till the 30th and there'd no mention of the supply being limited so I guess everyone who registers gets one. Pretty nice of NoE if that's the case.

Tempted to get the game now for the soundtrack and I don't even have a 3DS.

Great OP!

Have had the UK version pre-ordered at GAME for a while so looking forward to the poster :p

I've never actually finished OoT as the N64 kinda passed me by back in the day as I was more or less strictly a PS1/Saturn guy. After hearing and reading for over a decade that it's one of the best ever made I'm determined that this time I will see the ending!

- J - D -

I'm pretty stoked. Hopefully OoT 3D will be a successful time machine, pulling me back to 98' when I was a child, sitting excitedly under the warm glow of the tv in the living room. Powerful emotions tied to those memories, man.

Guevara

Anyone else planning on buying this at release and getting the soundtrack CD even though I don't own a 3DS and probably won't until the next revision?

WillyFive

Gravijah said:
I don't understand why Nintendo stopped making colored carts. None of the DS Pokemon games were colored differently, either. :/

Since they are so small they are hidden inside the console (unlike SNES and N64 where they were out in the view of everyone), it seems kinda pointless.

Max

I am not Max
Happy this comes out right before my trip to Vancouver. First time playing through as well.

wrowa

Germany: Zelda-themed 3DS case from amazon.de
Actually, people who pre-order in Germany also get the UK poster. In order to get it you have to send an email to info@nintendo.de with a scan of your receipt. The bag also isn't limited to amazon, but is/was available more or less everywhere. :)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I remember getting my N64 gold cartridge at Sears. Then I got home and got it out of the box, and it was glorious.

I don't remember if I held it over my head and said "do do da DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" but I'd like to remember I did.

Wow, flawless victory for Nintendo Greece! Also, can't wait. UK Gamer here, but hope to register it and get the soundtrack at least.

KevinCow said:
I demand this thread title be changed to OoT |OT|

Or rather, for one week, every instance of [OT] on GAF needs to be changed to [OoT]

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
wrowa said:
Actually, people who pre-order in Germany also get the UK poster. In order to get it you have to send an email to info@nintendo.de with a scan of your receipt. The bag also isn't limited to amazon, but is/was available more or less everywhere. :)
Thanks, fixing it :D

KevinCow said:
I demand this thread title be changed to OoT |OT|
While awesome, it would make it much harder to search :(

ashbash159 said:
Sure. I actually got it from "Video Game Wallpapers, Fan Art, & Hi-Res Artwork: ~August~ Thread - Page 14 - NeoGAF". I cropped them for 16:9, 16:10 and 4:3 and then reuploaded the cropped images to imgur.

Original - 5120 x 4000
Thank you! I missed it from the other thread.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I went ahead with GAME. If I spot a bargain I'll just jump.

I really should up those loyalty points one day...

RpgN

Aeana said:
But I also haven't played OoT since around the time Wind Waker came out, so this should be pretty awesome regardless.

Same here, I'm looking forward playing through it again with updated graphics and better interface.

The first time I played Ocarina of Time was with the Wind Waker version I got when I bought my silver Gamecube. Both games are some of my favourite games of all time. I never had an N64, but my nan did. YES, MY NAN. She's quite a big Zelda fan.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
ashbash159 said:
The first time I played Ocarina of Time was with the Wind Waker version I got when I bought my silver Gamecube. Both games are my favourites of all time. I never had an N64, but my nan did. YES, MY NAN. She's quite a big Zelda fan.
I played OoT at a friends since I never had a N64. I basically went through the main game and that was it and I'm pretty sure people played on my file so my progress was a little scattered. The WW bonus disc was the first time I played through it on my own, but for some reason coming straight off WW made a little bored of OoT towards the end.

I haven't touched it since then so I'm hoping I can play through this will a positive outlook and enjoy it.

gimz

im not so excited about this game after i saw the new Zelda SS E3 demo, why cant it be Skyward Sword thats coming out!!??

ajim

As an Aussie, I want that Japanese/Euro case!

I don't have a 3DS at the moment, but MY BODY IS STILL READY!

Regulus Tera said:
I'll be honest, I'm only buying this for the Club Nintendo soundtrack.

EDIT: C-Buttons :'( rip

This, but i can already tell the site will go RIP that morning, hopefully i get a copy.

but it will be fun to replay OoT B^) dat 3D

Man

JohngPR said:
This will also be my first time playing OoT. I never had a N64 growing up so I missed out on those games.
Played it for the first time in 2003 or so via Gamecube.
Instantly like top ten material, the atmosphere is timeless.

Majora's Mask cameos!

258o6wx.jpg

-all the masks the Happy Mask Salesmen carries on his back in MM
-the Mirror Shield from MM

Interesting, indeed.

BY2K

Membero Americo
KeeSomething said:
Majora's Mask cameos!

258o6wx.jpg

-all the masks the Happy Mask Salesmen carries on his back in MM
-the Mirror Shield from MM

Interesting, indeed.

HOT DAMN! Economy did great to this guy!

And nice the M'sM Mirror Shield cameo! NNNNNHHHHGGG!

GCX

ashbash159 said:
How is the music being handled in this version? Is it the same as the original? Also what about the sound effects?
Music has been redone in higher quality but essentially it sounds the same as in the original game.

Top Bottom