• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The microphone housed in PS5’s Dualsense controller could be a big deal

Skyfox

Even if there is data abuse, it should absolutely be mentioned in the PS5 EULA. We'll just look for it and read it around launch time.
...And click OK to use your hardware.

Data abuse is growing because gamers are too lazy to fight for their privacy rights.

FranXico

...And click OK to use your hardware.

Data abuse is growing because gamers are too lazy to fight for their privacy rights.
True, but I am talking about reading it online before buying anything, of course.
And if you do find something fishy (or phishy) in there that was not present already this gen, raise people's awareness then.

If they steal people data without asking permission to use it first (which is 99% of the time done via the EULA), it absolutely is illegal and a class-action lawsuit should follow.

It goes without saying, if I vehemently disagree with the EULA terms, I just won't buy anything.

Last edited:
Remembering 2013 threads and now reading this thread is something else...
Lmao Holy shit.

Remember when we were supposed to be heavily concerned about the NSA spying on us and how it was terrible for a piece of tech to be always listening?

Now apparently its a big deal because its in a controller. Which actually makes it worse because at least back then you could completely remove the kinect, along with the tin foil hat.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I thought it was a gimmick?

No! That's only when Nintendo does something..

Kokoloko85

Really not gonna be anything useful for me unless they bring back seaman from dreamcast....
otherwise not something i want or care for lol. Rather have it off
Probably end up blocking it for privacy feels haha

Last edited:
Mic too far from face.

Nintendo tried this with wiispeak. It was shit.

I think it’s a worthless add-on that will not replace superior headset methods.
The tech that Nintendo used is old, the tech evolved over the years. Wait till Sony releases the info how the tech works.
It is not the function of the mic to replace a headphone.
As is stands now the Tempest hardware 3d wil work on headsets first, later on Tempest will work on the speakers on your TV.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
For me personally, nothing you said is really a game changer. In games, maybe, but then you really need to want to play those games. In OS it's overrated, and can easily be picked up by using Alexa or Google Assistant.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Lmao Holy shit.

Remember when we were supposed to be heavily concerned about the NSA spying on us and how it was terrible for a piece of tech to be always listening?

Now apparently its a big deal because its in a controller. Which actually makes it worse because at least back then you could completely remove the kinect, along with the tin foil hat.

The "spybox" and the "choice" of having a microphone was a sticking point for a ton of blue players. But now I guess it's ok.

BeardGawd

Banned
Hey guys I've been using this on my Xbox One for the past year:

I'm really excited that Sony is including this functionality built-in and they will undoubtedly improve it with noise cancellation.

If this does influence devs to start creating more games with voice functions guess what? Those same games with those same voice funtions will be released for XSX and PC. You will just need to use a regular headset or buy an accessory to use said features. Not the end of the world.

Top Bottom