• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The most frustrating gaming experience?

Zoloft

Banned
Destiny 2.
Trying to find story single-player missions, and before I learned that Bungie removed some content.
Aa always fuck you Bungie.

StueyDuck

Most recently, forcing myself to play Goodbye Volcano High (which I bought at full price) to entertain a handful of people in the review thread.

It's so dull it felt like work, even when I was playing it drunk, and I resent near enough every minute I spent with it.
How You Doin Kiss GIF
to entertain to review thread... yes...

I destroyed a couple of mice during my ‘competitive shooter days’, because I was constantly killed by lesser skilled players who were either extremely lucky or blatantly cheating. ;)

stn

Wanted: Dead - I love the game, but a few of the boss fights got me legit pissed off, lol. Its not the difficulty I mind, but I get annoyed when some of the gameplay elements make the game artificially harder than it should be.

StueyDuck

Insert popular/recent game then pretend like I'm not trying to get a response from people.

To be honest though pretty much any modern pvp game, all mp games today are about studying metas and then everyone ends up doing the exact same thing because they saw a streamer do it... its brain dead stuff

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Trying to finish, and finishing Final Fantasy XII. But not because it was difficult, but because it wasn't a very good game. I powered through it expecting everything to get better, but I was ultimately frustrated. I ended up losing over a hundred hours of my precious time on a game I now consider not my type.

Last edited:

Hunter 99

Trying for 6 months solid every day to do through the fire and flames on expert guitar hero 3.
Would always get like 5-6mins in (songs like 8 mins) then fail on Sam or Herman's crazy solo for months on end.
Will never forget the night I did it,was one of my most amazing highs of my gaming life. was literally jumping for joy in my room!

F31 Leopard

Shin Megami Tensei 4's map was frustrating as fuck. I got lost countless times not knowing where to go next. SMT4 Apocalypse was so much enjoyable which added actual way points on the map. Some of the bosses were irritating as fuck in SMT4 like King Kenji, Pluto and Minotaur.

IAmRei

I dont like ghost recon wildlands, silent spade mission checkpoint ... Makes me dont want to continue anymore ... That mission designer need to be spanked hard with light saber or buster sword

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Quick Time Events

They shouldnt exist in games. That shit should have died in the 80's. I'll play any games and most of the time I dont find them frustrating at all but if a game has QTE's then that does, guaranteed

Buuuuuuut...

If a game is soley made with them in mind then I can bear it (Detroit become human, Heavy rain, etc..)

It's those shitty ones that pop up during gameplay out of nowhere, just disgusting filth shite. Just let me play it out naturally, dont take away actual control, it's awful

Thats the only thing in gaming that truly frustrates me. Get rid of them.

NanaMiku

Quick Time Events

They shouldnt exist in games. That shit should have died in the 80's. I'll play any games and most of the time I dont find them frustrating at all but if a game has QTE's then that does, guaranteed

Buuuuuuut...

If a game is soley made with them in mind then I can bear it (Detroit become human, Heavy rain, etc..)

It's those shitty ones that pop up during gameplay out of nowhere, just disgusting filth shite. Just let me play it out naturally, dont take away actual control, it's awful

Thats the only thing in gaming that truly frustrates me. Get rid of them.
Hahaha, I forgot what game, but I was in a cutscene and it's pretty long so I put down my controller. Out of nowhere there's QTE and I panicked to pickup the controller and of course I failed.

L*][*N*K

Banned
Driv3r was the worst and most frustrating game I have played in my youth. recently I would say Skyward Sword fuck motion controls big time.

SSfox

PS1 and PS2 era when the games doesn't load, because the CD and DVD players of early versions of the consoles sucked ASS.

Trilobit

Boring audiotapes with main character's family drama that happened decades ago and the developers expecting me to care a bit about that. The game is about the main character, not his father and uncle. Looking at you Miles Morales!

Examples:

"Your father saw I was a crook and I think it killed our relationship. This is the place where we ate ice cream."

"I stole stuff and I guess your father didn't like that so we drifted apart. This is where we ate churros."

Rince and repeat 50x.

Last edited:
I don’t really get frustrated easily by games, but Returnal with its lack of decent checkpoints made me feel really discouraged and even made me give up on the game as much as I liked it. I don’t really mind even doing the entire level over sometimes, but having to power yourself back up to where you were and finding a that good weapon again is just too much and very time consuming imo.

Top Bottom