• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the new photography thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matlock

Banned
Seeing as how the newest general photog thread that I could find via search is from a few months ago...!

Post yer photographs.

Saw this girl sitting on the stairs, looked kinda sad. :\

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Monaco

canon_boom.jpg

guard_tower.jpg

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Recent ones of note (some I think have already been posted):

they were all taken with my new Canon S1-IS, except for the last one which was taken with my previous camera (Canon S200)

(infrared pic)

Chony

Man you guys rock? Do you guys use photoshop, have good cameras, or have formal training in photography? I have an old digital camera, and thats it. Nothing special. My little brother is taking photography in highschool, so I learn from him, but he is still better than me. I really wish I had different lenses, not the deep focus lense, it's just not as interesting for still photography, it's too messy.

Sukahii16

Chony said:
Man you guys rock? Do you guys use photoshop, have good cameras, or have formal training in photography? I have an old digital camera, and thats it. Nothing special. My little brother is taking photography in highschool, so I learn from him, but he is still better than me. I really wish I had different lenses, not the deep focus lense, it's just not as interesting for still photography, it's too messy.

I'm taking an intro class to photography for my last semester. I'm using an old SLR camera from the mid 70's. Messing with different lenses can be a hassle but you can do a lot with an old SLR with a 50mm lens.

I have no idea how to use photoshop, otherwise I'd touch up my scanned photos a little more.

demon

Finally got your pictures to work for me...

Tired_father_and_his_daughter__by_Sukashii16.jpg

You know Antonia Banderas?

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
demon, that first picture is awesome. Love the color and the lines, well framed.

Chony said:

I use a Digital Rebel and Photoshop to retouch my pictures some (not a whole lot, but for sharpening + color correction mostly). I used to use an old Nikon 3megapixel that was good for messing around, but not too great for detail and a variety of shooting environments (low light, etc). The DR is amazing and I'm constantly amazed at how well my pictures come out. Almost all of my pictures have been takne with the kit lens, which is very basic and I only recently got a pair of new lenses that are much better than the kit.

demon

BugCatcher said:
Here's a few I took last month with my PowerShot A80.

2005-03-18-AuroraBorealis1.jpg

2005-03-18-AuroraBorealis2.jpg

2005-03-18-AuroraBorealis3.jpg

2005-03-18-AuroraBorealisandIceHouse.jpg

Whatever dude, I get that shit in my kitchen from cooking Krusty Burgers.

Seriously tho, I love the first one especially. Nice.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock

This is a repost from the art thread. it was pretty much my first wedding ever. I was told like a week before so i didnt really have any idea as to what i should be doing. they had places to take pictures already planned so i kinda felt like i didnt have to do much but meh. I tried to make the best of it.

Lakitu

st5fu
I went to a visit to Belgium a couple of weeks ago, and took some pics with a digi-cam, although my girlfriend took most of em.

Here we are holding hands...
Imgp0076.jpg

Shots of Brussels:
Imgp0085.jpg

Imgp0088.jpg

Imgp0090.jpg

Imgp0093.jpg

The Waffle Man posing for us...
Imgp0101.jpg

Mooooooooooo..
Imgp0114.jpg

Here, we're trying to be original and do one of our shadows together...
Imgp0130.jpg

Her town is full of fields and farms, it's beautiful.
Imgp0134.jpg

My food..mm...
Imgp0138.jpg

Gent/Ghent:
Imgp0168.jpg

More animals:
Imgp0191.jpg

Imgp0194.jpg

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
The place from which I am hopefully graduating in 20 days. Unfortunately, my camera doesn't take very good night photos and I don't have a tripod.

beasley%20small.jpg

Kola

The Nikon 70 shots are amazing!

I only got a puny Ixus 40....buhuhu....but well, at least it's a quite handy cam, fit's into my trousers pocket's easily.

Great%20Wall%201,jpg.JPG

The Great Wall at Ba Da Ling. See it snaking up in the distance? Man, that was an awesome experience just sitting there.

Kennedy%20Town%206.jpg

Kennedy Town in HK. Right next to where I live.

Gate%20of%20Heavenly%20Peace%201.jpg

Gate of Heavenly Peace at the northern side of Tiananmen Square, Beijing. Including massmurderer Mao.

RC%20Hall%20Ausblick.jpg

The view when looking out of my apartment. Hong Kong (Bok Fu Lam). haaaaa.... =)

Yuen%20Po%20Street%20Bird%20Garden%2011.jpg

Poor Birdies held in cages at Yuen Po Street Bird Garden, northern Mong Kok (Hong Kong).

aberdeen%201.jpg

And the last one for today. Aberdeen Harbour. Thousand of ships in the harbour where people live, work and seldom go on land.

more pics on my blog, unfortunately not in english
bloggyblog

The following pictures were made with a Nikon Coolpix (can't remember the number, it wasn't my camera) last January in my first European trip.

carcassonne.jpg

Carcassone, France, on our way to Spain.

segradafamilia.jpg

Barcelona's Segrada Familia

birds.jpg

gaudipark.jpg

Park Guell, Barcelona.

kgHavok23

Kola said:
The Nikon 70 shots are amazing!

I only got a puny Ixus 40....buhuhu....but well, at least it's a quite handy cam, fit's into my trousers pocket's easily.

Great%20Wall%201,jpg.JPG

The Great Wall at Ba Da Ling. See it snaking up in the distance? Man, that was an awesome experience just sitting there.

Kennedy%20Town%206.jpg

Kennedy Town in HK. Right next to where I live.

Gate%20of%20Heavenly%20Peace%201.jpg

Gate of Heavenly Peace at the northern side of Tiananmen Square, Beijing. Including massmurderer Mao.

RC%20Hall%20Ausblick.jpg

The view when looking out of my apartment. Hong Kong (Bok Fu Lam). haaaaa.... =)

Yuen%20Po%20Street%20Bird%20Garden%2011.jpg

Poor Birdies held in cages at Yuen Po Street Bird Garden, northern Mong Kok (Hong Kong).

aberdeen%201.jpg

And the last one for today. Aberdeen Harbour. Thousand of ships in the harbour where people live, work and seldom go on land.

more pics on my blog, unfortunately not in english
bloggyblog

WOW. That...is one helluva view. and that picture of Kennedy Town and Aberdeen Harbors just brings up so many great memories...of Shenmue. :)

Kola

kgHavok23 said:
WOW. That...is one helluva view. and that picture of Kennedy Town and Aberdeen Harbors just brings up so many great memories...of Shenmue. :)

Haih la! You're right. Suzuki made a fantastic job in "characterizing" Kowloon. Better than most films do today.

Sometimes, when I'm walking around in Kowloon I just want to ask some people if they have seen any "sailors". =)

I need Shenmue 3 =(

AirBrian

Great King Bowser said:
I'm toying with the idea of either getting a Digital Rebel, 20D or a Nikon D70. The D70 is looking awfully tempting.
:lol I went through the same when I bought a DSLR...

http://ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=33960

Looking back, I'm very satisfied with the D70 and have no regrets. Since Canon released the XT and Nikon released the D70s (D50 will be out in June), you'll have more choices too.

Matlock

Banned
Visited the scenic Cuyahoga with a photog that has actual skill. Her pictures are not included, as they are still on film.

the other photog

nature trail to hell

little kid fishing

awesome graphitti

i love tunnels

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Great King Bowser said:
I'm toying with the idea of either getting a Digital Rebel, 20D or a Nikon D70. The D70 is looking awfully tempting.

If you've got the money, I'd go with the 20D. I would put it a level above the D70 and Digireb.

Matlock

Banned
Got it for a grad gift--got the cam, a 512mb cf card, insurance, and a cleaning kit--all told it was ~$1000.

You can find the camera by itself for as low as $650 some places on the internet, I think.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
XMonkey said:
If you've got the money, I'd go with the 20D. I would put it a level above the D70 and Digireb.

Thanks for the advice, don't think I can really afford the 20D on second thoughts, especially as this'll be my first non-point-and-shoot camera, digital or otherwise.

Nikon are offering £100 rebate in the UK on D70s, so I may have to bite before I head off to Vietnam in the summer. Looking at the vacation as a nice opportunity to get some nice snaps.

nitewulf

Great King Bowser said:
Thanks for the advice, don't think I can really afford the 20D on second thoughts, especially as this'll be my first non-point-and-shoot camera, digital or otherwise.

Nikon are offering £100 rebate in the UK on D70s, so I may have to bite before I head off to Vietnam in the summer. Looking at the vacation as a nice opportunity to get some nice snaps.
consider the rebel XT and the redesigned D70 modification (forget what its called, D70s?). rebel XT is really quite a bit better than the rebel, and cheaper than the 20D. i can get a 20D, but now im thinking of just buying the XT, as 20D is a hell of a camera. too much of a camera for me at this point.

Bebpo

Banned
picnic.jpg

Family picnic.

tokyobus1.jpg

tokyo2.jpg

confusedcoke.jpg

Some pics I took while on the bus up from Tokyo to Aomori.

tokyo3.jpg

Not really a good photo, but this guy looks badass so I like it :)

backpack.jpg

My backpack after traveling for 20 hours straight.

These are older ones already on photobucket so I'm too lazy to resize them (they aren't that huge):

sakura9.jpg

sakura4.jpg

Hirosaki's blossoms.

kizukuristation.jpg

My local train station in Kizukuri, Aomori.

mountain.jpg

Where I live ^^;

sakura12.jpg

Yay for the sun :D

Raxel

Note: I do not have any training in photography, all I have is a Powershot A85 and Photoshop!

From my trip to HK:

For the Shenmue fans:

The Jumbo floating restaurant, as seen in God of Cookery!

Kowloon Park.

Another Shenmue moment...

And another:

Queen's Pier:

Wan Chai, another place featured in Shenmue...

And no trip to HK is complete without a pic from the peak:

Friend's 21st birthday:

A bit of a CSI Miami look going on here:

Waychel

Banned
braids.jpg

I braided my horseys hair, but...

grumpy-face.jpg

I don't think he liked it, since he made this grumpy face afterwards. :lol

duo.jpg

ready2go.jpg

Also, my doggie Vladimir:

vladdy-batdog.jpg

Desperado

I only post this again [showed it in the car thread] because some random bitch who supports the Patriot Act came out of nowhere to complain to me on my blog about a post I made inspired by a thread here [the one about expanding the PA.]

She then proceeded to insult my skates. Look, she even took the time to rate my photo a 1. :lol :lol :lol

Waychel

Banned
Taken the other day when I went riding.

wayward-poles.jpg

equipment.jpg

Not the greatest, but you try taking a good photo while on horseback. >,",<

AirBrian said:
From the horse races about a month ago:

dsc04308za.jpg

Wow, this is great! I can never take action shots -- they always turn out real blurry.

I've never been to the races before; did you place any bets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom