• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo DS: Still a Piece of Shit

JasoNsider said:
Which is crazy, because it was the first thing he has said in a long time that I actually agree with. Yeesh.

I think I missed the punchline completely. So this supposed "joke" was that you were always an admin? And people say PA isn't funny...

So, this thread in summary:

Drinky: "Hey, DS Sucks"
First victim: "I love these PSP fanboys"
Drinky: "Banned!"
Speevy: "You guys aren't funny"
Drinky: "Banned"
*lots of drivel and nonsense*
Drinky: "I've always been an admin"
*Everyone nervously chuckles at the punch line*

The joke was harsh, but not evil. The banned will be back. I'm not sure I understand your issue.

ge-man

Do The Mario said:
What’s wrong with folder? He must not be sucking off drinky like the other crack whores on GAF.

Dude, we just had a 12 page thread covering GAF policy and you proceed to make a post like this? I liked Folder as well, but I think you just missed the point and have probably earned yourself a ban.

jarrod said:
Folder's okay... spends too much time needlessly refuting spong trolls but I think he's a good poster.

He was a good pot stirrer. I thought he was good for the forum.

This forum needs more Xbots. We have Sony Drones aplenty. Nintendo freaks are pretty well represented. There is a void.

That wasn't the joke, anyhow. If you didn't get it -- and I'll explain it once the time for funny has passed -- then it was probably ON you.

Haven't been around much this weekend. So some Nintendo fan(s) hacked GA because of Drinky/MAF's baiting threads, shredded it up, and now martial law has been instituted?

Twisted by the Dark Side of the Force this forum has become ...

sw227rj.jpg

Every single Nintendo fan is now an enemey of the GAF ...

Do what must be done ....

Do not hesitate ...

Show no mercy

sasimirobot

Funny. After the boards got hacked I had to visit Opa-ages to find out what happened. I dont like OA at all, since alot of my respected users on this board fall into the trendy "I hate nigroes" clique over there. You would be suprised...

Anyways now that im back at GA it just feels more and more like OA. Random angst and cool guy "mature" gamer BS. I am even scared (just a little bit) to post my real opinions without being banned or labeled a NfanBoz or some wack shit.

I think the regular posters here are great, but I dont want it to all the sudden be "black vs. white" for lack of a better term.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Ignatz Mouse said:
dtm is trying to take over the lead in the banning pool.

I give him even odds, making him my front-runner.

I thought I was a shoe in for being

A: Australian
B: Having a Nintendo orientated name

Despite the fact i am a Bioware fanboy and don't care much for a Big N these days.

lexi

Banned
People make the mistake of assuming Do the Mario is a Nintendo fanboy. I suppose having a Nintendo themed username on Neo-GAF is tantamount to working in Hollywood during McCarthy's witch hunts.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Drinky Crow said:
Sasimi, Mario: don't take this little event too seriously.

I’m not just fucking around with the crack whore reference to give people being overly nice to you some shit; i know those cats will be posting again soon.

Plus they fucking hate freedom.

lockii said:
People make the mistake of assuming Do the Mario is a Nintendo fanboy. I suppose having a Nintendo themed username on Neo-GAF is tantamount to working in Hollywood during McCarthy's witch hunts.

I assume no such thing. I don't think this is about Nintendo fanboys, in the end.

Note that I had The Experiment down as a possible ban as well.

Ignatz Mouse said:
I think you'll have to try harder to get banned, if that's what you're after.

Why again are you upset?

Who said I'm trying to get banned? Jesus.

I'm kind of upset because this place has a laughable reputation and I've actually been trying to inject some thoughtful discussion (as have others) to steer it away from the opa-like atmosphere. This place has some really awesome posters mixed with a pile of jokers. People aren't going to want to come back and participate if they have to wade through crap threads like this one. Why would they?

Plus, the fact that on the first page somebody who didn't understand this little inside joke was banned really turned the joke sour.

More laughable than N-Sider?

And why would they HAVE to wade through threads like this one? No-one made 'em click the link -- UNLESS YOU SECRETLY BELIEVE THE DS *ISN'T* A PIECE OF SHIT!

DO YOU

DON'T SAY YOU DO

human5892

Queen of Denmark
JasoNsider said:
People aren't going to want to come back and participate if they have to wade through crap threads like this one. Why would they?
No one's forcing them to wade through any threads. Nobody has to read anything they don't want to here...including you.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Do The Mario said:
I’m not just fucking around with the crack whore reference to give people being overly nice to you some shit; i know those cats will be posting again soon.

Plus they fucking hate freedom.
No shit. These ARE DEMOCRATIC SERVERS we're on here. Washington must be rolling in his grave.

What's the point of banning guys like Speevy though?

He wasn't the one who hacked the shit out of this forum, and whoever that was isn't going to show up in this thread.

This place is becoming more like Opa-Age (shudder) though.

duckroll

JasoNsider said:
I'm kind of upset because this place has a laughable reputation and I've actually been trying to inject some thoughtful discussion (as have others) to steer it away from the opa-like atmosphere. This place has some really awesome posters mixed with a pile of jokers. People aren't going to want to come back and participate if they have to wade through crap threads like this one. Why would they?

Well sucks to be you. It's not our problem you're so self-concious about where you're posting. Frankly most people here don't give a flying fuck what others think of us. Who gives a shit, you're taking all this way too seriously. Go outside and take a chill pill. :lol

human5892 said:
No one's forcing them to wade through any threads. Nobody has to read anything they don't want to here...including you.

That's what they say at Opa too you know. The attitude of "we don't care if our community is shit" is, well, a shit attitude.

duckroll

JasoNsider said:
That's what they say at Opa too you know. The attitude of "we don't care if our community is shit" is, well, a shit attitude.

So if you think we're shit and you can't accept it, leave. Nothing will change. :D

And who said OA can't be right from time to time? They're the ones who pride themselves on NOT being GA -- and the fact that they define themselves in relation to us is, like, the best compliment ever.

Drinky Crow said:
And who said OA can't be right from time to time? They're the ones who pride themselves on NOT being GA -- and the fact that they define themselves in relation to us is, like, the best compliment ever.

Because OA sucks.

Moving in that direction isn't exactly a good thing.

Post #625

How're we moving in that direction? A single inflammatory thread designed to see who is a forum crusader and who isn't suddenly transforms us a little closer to the sphere of Brazilian Ninjas, congratulatory racism, self-loathing hillbillies, personality-mongering clusterfucks, and emoticon-based conversations?

Y'know maybe this will lead to better Nintendo fans. Ones who can read a Drinky Crow baiting and not react so much to their own detriment. If anyone else had posted "Nintendo DS is a piece of shit" and posted such as an impartial point of discussion instead of as a magnet for dealing out harshness -- I'm pretty sure anyone who could argue back in a good way would be welcome here and have everyone's support. This is a good community in spite of whatever rules these guys above you put in place. My personal view on all this is that fanaticism isn't just in the Nintendo fans, and I think it's a shame we feel we have to purge anyone.

I don't know the ins and outs of what exactly sparked it off, but maybe whoever did this might not have done so if they weren't just shut down and dismissed / banned. Which I assume they were. If someones a dick, mock them like they're a dick... chances are if they *are* a dick that the mob (us) will sort them out in due course. Thats the beauty of forums usually. Noobs & fanbots = owned. Excommunicating those with the "testicular fortitude" to break into your house along with everybody else who has some kind of vague link to them by way of personal preference and taste in video games.... it's probably gonna make em even more militant and have them (along with a whole bunch of other people) talking smack about the 'house' wherever they go.

It's sad that people have to worry so much about the banstick here, but maybe it'll have some positive knock on effect. I wonder what'll happen to the exiles though? OA hates "nfags" more than this thread's particular autocracy. Nbot-ages?

drohne said:
you're all wringing your hands over nintendo fans being blamed for the actions of one nintendo fan, but there's been nary a word over the ACTUAL, ANTI-AUSTRALIAN POLICIES THAT HAVE BEEN PUT INTO EFFECT. so this isn't really about fairness or consistency at all, is it? nintendo ds: still a piece of shit. nintendo fans: still full of shit.

Now you mention it, the widespread aussie IP ban is pretty radical stuff too! Targetting aussie Nintendo fans is like targetting orphan puppies that have to put up with shit release lists for all eternity. Obviously one of the puppies bites and barks a little more than people are prepared to put up with... taking GAF down was harsh. The reponse is as such I guess.

JasoNsider said:
Who said I'm trying to get banned?

I did.

PS: Nobody has to wade through anything in this thread. The real crap is the stuff that wells up in the middle of a serious post, usually somebody trying to undermine. Plenty of that to go araound, and that's what's getting people banned (outside of this thread).

Two examples:

Me starting a thread looking for other people who have been less-than-thrilled with handheld gaming post-Lynx, seeing if any were looking at PSP as an alternative. Looking for people who shared my tastes and seeing what they thought. Promptly invaded by the Nintendo Defense League who questioned my tastes altogether. I don't care if my tastes "aren't mainstream" and I certainly don't like tis implications since I was looking for opinions *like mine* in the first place. (I use this example a lot becuase it's a very clear one, illustrating why I hate the system wars).

A new DS game gets screenshots and immediately people are all over the graphics for "looking like ass" in a lot of cases when, other than compared to a system that costs $100 more, they look mighty fine.

That's who this honeypot is here to attract.

Monk

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
More laughable than N-Sider?

And why would they HAVE to wade through threads like this one? No-one made 'em click the link -- UNLESS YOU SECRETLY BELIEVE THE DS *ISN'T* A PIECE OF SHIT!

DO YOU

DON'T SAY YOU DO

Whats wrong with N-sider?

Drinky Crow said:
Post #625

How're we moving in that direction? A single inflammatory thread designed to see who is a forum crusader and who isn't?

Well I know you started this as a joke (not just this thread, but this on going thing for as long as I can remember), but now I think the shit is hitting the wall.

There's too many bait threads, and yeah know some idiot finally decided to really take the bait and forced a shut down of the forum.

I think it might be a better idea to just cool it for a while.

You're not going to "bait out" the guys who really can hack this forum, they're never going to post in a thread like this. All you've done is ban guys like Speevy.

Sorry, but I refuse to just leave because a few members want this forum to go the way of IGN Boards. The reason a lot of people are confused by this thread is because it makes a hypocrite of many here. For a long time now you guys have done nothing but slam IGN, GameFAQ and OPA boards, and for good reason. But now you guys seem to have no problem sinking down to their level.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread. Perhaps I can forget it ever happened and hope this place moves on.

It's funny how clearly the line between "gets it" and "doesn't get it" can be drawn in a thread titled "The Nintendo DS: Still a Piece of Shit" made by an agitator admin at precisely the time the board comes back online after a relatively minor "hack" by a bored Nintendo fanboy.

Chrono

Banned
Monk said:
Whats wrong with N-sider?

N-sider rocks. I lurked there a lot and honestly I don't think I've ever seen posters more intelligent than blasphemy and axord. Funny thing is, blasphemy is a Nintendo fan. It would rock if he can post in this thread. He'd destroy everybody. :lol

Speevy ain't sidelined for long. He's spent a few too many posts discussin' posters and posting styles than he has actual gaming opinions, and it's good to have some time to reflect.

lexi

Banned
soundwave05 said:
Well I know you started this as a joke (not just this thread, but this on going thing for as long as I can remember), but now I think the shit is hitting the wall.

There's too many bait threads, and yeah know some idiot finally decided to really take the bait and forced a shut down of the forum.

I think it might be a better idea to just cool it for a while.

You're not going to "bait out" the guys who really can hack this forum, they're never going to post in a thread like this. All you've done is ban guys like Speevy.

Probably the most reasonable post in this thread. And I agree, Speevy was a good poster.

Drinky Crow said:
It's funny how clearly the line between "gets it" and "doesn't get it" can be drawn in a thread titled "The Nintendo DS: Still a Piece of Shit" made by an agitator admin at precisely the time the board comes back online after a relatively minor "hack" by a bored Nintendo fanboy.

I think everyone "gets it". Well I do.

I'm just saying it might be a better idea to cool off on shit like this. It's funny once in a while, but seriously it was like every single day, and then this weekend happened.

koam

Drinky Crow said:

We all know this was a joke thread, there's no doubt about it, but the ban for the quote below is what caused a lot of fuss, you make fun of the DS but when someone mocked the PSP you went ahead and banned him.

"That's why I love DS. It really make Sony fanboys scream like bitches."

Unison

Drinky Crow said:
Speevy ain't sidelined for long. He's spent a few too many posts discussin' posters and posting styles than he has actual gaming opinions, and it's good to have some time to reflect.

mandela.jpg

jarrod

Banned
Ignatz Mouse said:
Me starting a thread looking for other people who have been less-than-thrilled with handheld gaming post-Lynx, seeing if any were looking at PSP as an alternative. Looking for people who shared my tastes and seeing what they thought. Promptly invaded by the Nintendo Defense League who questioned my tastes altogether. I don't care if my tastes "aren't mainstream" and I certainly don't like tis implications since I was looking for opinions *like mine* in the first place. (I use this example a lot becuase it's a very clear one, illustrating why I hate the system wars).
Funny you bring that one up given you were the first one to dismiss others' viewpoints based on whichever "camp" they fell into. Nintendo Defense League indeed.

When I was looking for opinions like mine and being told my tastes were off, you're damn right I was dismissive. I really don't care if millions of people like Pokemon and I don't-- I was looking for guidance by people with similar tastes. It took all of a dozens posts before I was getting "wtf, dude?" type posts for daring to say I haven't been satisfied by my succession of Gameboys, when that wasn't the point at all.

But hey, take offense, Go right ahead.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Drinky,

I can't begin to know your intentions with this thread, since I can't read your mind, but don't you think you're sending the wrong message?

The thread seems very totalitarian, and while I realize that GAF isn't a free forum or a democracy, I am curious to know why it's ok for the admins to engage in this type of behaviour while others get banned for it. I think you're sending the wrong message or, at the very least, setting a bad example.

Wouldn't this thread you started be considered against the forum rules?

jarrod

Banned
Ignatz Mouse said:
But hey, take offense, Go right ahead.
Hey, just pointing you were the one screaming "bias" in the theater. Phrases like "Nintendo Defense League" don't really help your case either, you brought on the mess that thread devloved into yourself.

jarrod said:
you brought on the mess that thread devloved into yourself.

Yeah, by not putting up with the BS.

I did get some good GBA game recommendations out of it, at least.

Edit: And there isn't an inherent problem with a Nintendo Defense League-- it's when you go into action when there wasn't any offense.

Chipopo

Banned
Dr_Cogent said:
Wouldn't this thread you started be considered against the forum rules?

Mr. Nsider said:
Had a junior member started this thread, even with just intentions to get people all pissy, he would be banned on spot.

Do you really want another 11 pages of this Cogent? Not that anyone would mind...

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Chipopo said:
Do you really want another 11 pages of this Cogent? Not that anyone would mind...

Sorry, I didn't read all 11 pages. I didn't have the time. Maybe someone could sum up for me who does have the time.

Top Bottom