• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official SPIKE VIDEO GAME AWARDS Show Thread

WarPig

Agent Dormer said:
They mentioned Hans Blix in the Splinter Cell preview. It was a complete out of left field moment.

I'm all for topical humor, but a) Hans Blix is totally eighteen months ago and b) who the fuck knows who Hans Blix is anyway? Whacko.

DFS.

I thought this was the Video Game Awards not Black People on Stage 2004... (not racist, just making an observation).

Plenty of white people play video games, and we play more than Madden, Live, and Halo.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
THUG, URBAN INTRO! TIME TO GET PUMPED! LOOK AT THE LIST OF A- LISTERS WE GOT!

Clarification: Do we have to listen to those acts again?

I think I wish David Spade was back...

let's just hope they don't do game of the year first again. Madden WON it last year but somehow didn't even make it to nomination this year. I find this hilarious.

DJPS2

Banned
Apparently, the DJ on the show didn't like David Spade last year, saying that Spike "got it right this time."

Racism: +25

Arcticfox

WarPig said:
I'm all for topical humor, but a) Hans Blix is totally eighteen months ago and b) who the fuck knows who Hans Blix is anyway? Whacko.

DFS.
Most people watching the Video Game Awards would only know him from Team America.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
THIS JUST IN! SNOOP IS A GAMER! WE HAVE THE DJ'S WORD! STOP THE PRESSES!

Also: WITTY CONVERSATION BETWEEN SNOOP AND CYBER SNOOP!

WILLIS JOKE! NINTENDO HATE!

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Producer: WHY ARE THE ANGELS ON THE STAGE?! THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE OUTFIELD!

Crappy product placement!

Wait, the award is a VECTOR MONKEY? BUT - IT'S HOT!

OK. 15 minutes in and still not a single person shown who actually WORKS in the videogame industry.

After all, they're geeks and deeply embarrassing to the general public.

WarPig

Agent Dormer said:
THIS JUST IN! SNOOP IS A GAMER!

In his defense, Snoop is a pretty big gamer (not as big as Del, but Del's probably more hardcore than I am at this point). Dig up the January 2000 issue of Gamers' Republic to read a brutally baked Snoop's thoughts on the game he'd make given the opportunity.

DFS.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
PRE-SHOW HOST WINS! I SMELL A SCANDEL!

BB: SNOOP IS GONNA NEED TO LEARN TO DROP IT LIKE MY SKIRT! THANKS TO EA! ILLUSTRATORS ROCK! BYE NOW!

SantaC

Someone over at IGN boards said that they showed old Wind Waker footage as the preview of Zelda 2005! Is this true? They really thought that game would be celshaded also? Who the fuck are these people.

Belfast

Geez. I totally though Judi Dench was gonna win! I mean, that couldn't have just been prodcut palcement for Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, right?! Oh well, then again, Judi Dench isn't really that hot. I can see why they wouldn't pick her.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
brook burkes performance in the game was just a picutre of her standing around wasnt it?

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
WarPig said:
In his defense, Snoop is a pretty big gamer (not as big as Del, but Del's probably more hardcore than I am at this point). Dig up the January 2000 issue of Gamers' Republic to read a brutally baked Snoop's thoughts on the game he'd make given the opportunity.

DFS.

I was really just making like of the Flexmaster's comments.

Hey, look, a Mech Assualt commercial!

WarPig

Belfast said:
Geez. I totally though Judi Dench was gonna win! I mean, that couldn't have just been prodcut palcement for Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, right?! Oh well, then again, Judi Dench isn't really that hot. I can see why they wouldn't pick her.

Judi Dench's role in Rogue Agent was also, like, 10 seconds long, so some kind of twisted justice may have been done here.

Well, no, wait. Carmen Electra DIED OF SMOKE INHALATION in her role. C'mon, you gotta give it up for that.

DFS.

Agent Dormer said:
I was really just making like of the Flexmaster's comments.

Hey, look, a Mech Assualt commercial!

This is going to be at least 61 minutes of commercials. They'll cover themselves by saying "it's live we need time for set changes"

I'm so happy I was playing Pikmin 2 instead of getting involved in watching this. It seems the only possible redeeming factor that could possibly happen is Katamari winning best soundtrack.

Edit: Though I wouldn't be totally offended if Halo 2 won that category.

paul777

Banned
Ugh, what I would not give to see the AIAS televise an Oscar-esque awards show. Something with class that would award the actual people who make the games - developers, composers, artists, etc. Anything but this wigger fanservice.

Belfast

Hot girls reading cheat codes! Just the thing I need to get my quivering, little, nerdy gamer e-penis all nice and hard!

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
BM: VIDEOGAMES VIOLENT!
MATT: POOL OF LAVA MY DANGEROUS TRICK! MY EYES FELL OUT!
BM: I HIT MY NUTS! HAHA!
MATT: IMPORTANT TO VOTE FOR THE GAME AWARDS!
BM: PROMO-PROMO
MATT: LOOK AT THOSE GAMES

FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW! FUELED BY DEW!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
DAM-EH-CEE?

You fucking assholes! DAH-MAH-CEE! MAH! MAH! MAH!!

WTF? It's not even a launch game. I hate this show.

Top Bottom