• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "The Snitch (@insider_wtf)" Leaker Thread

I don't think "legend" and "asshole" are synonyms as you seem to imply.

Someone who takes away from developers the chance to reveal the fruits of their hard work on their own terms belongs to the second category, not the first.

Hopefully, he'll be caught soon and dealt with in the harshest possible way.

Any thoughts on the guys who've leaked MS's game projects from now 'till 2027? We keeping that same energy?

bitbydeath

Gold Member
And he also liked a tweet where someone says Jeff Grubb confirmed the Kojima Xbox thing.

So, there it is folks.

Confirmed.

pyzSIft.jpg
He also liked a tweet that said Overdose is Abandoned. He likes lots of tweets.

This one too

And this

Last edited:

Quantum253

I don't think "legend" and "asshole" are synonyms as you seem to imply.

Someone who takes away from developers the chance to reveal the fruits of their hard work on their own terms belongs to the second category, not the first.

Hopefully, he'll be caught soon and dealt with in the harshest possible way.
Damn, it's like being a kid and someone telling you what all your birthday/Xmas gifts are before opening them. Interesting point on leaking info.

DarthPutin

hollow knight silksong gamepass day one confirmed. also kojima game at xbox show on sunday. damn, what a show its shaping up to be. meanwhile sony are quiet as fuck and only gave a 30 minute state of play with 3rd party games. they aint building hype the way they used to.
They actually release games though. I'd rather MS would shut up but release Starfield and, say, Avowed (or Fable, sigh) this year. I need new big beautiful fantasy or sci-fi RPG. Having cool showcases is better than nothing, but I know what I prefer. Hoping for some surprise not involving XBOX holy trinity (cool for fans but I am not one).

Very hyped about Silksong, but I don't care if it's on some sub or not. I need a date! Hopefully it means 2022.

Reactions: Isa

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So Hollow Knight Silksong Day 1 game pass, maybe timed exclusive?

I don't think the 'hint' is as literal as copying a very well known Hollow Knight meme. Probably just a "get ready for a clown show" thing.

Last edited:

Markio128

The Kojima game could even be multi platform, and MS could have scored the exclusive reveal or something. Or, it could be a cloud based game as rumoured, to try and add appeal to the cloud service. I personally hope it isn’t the latter because I have 0 interest in cloud gaming.

They actually release games though. I'd rather MS would shut up but release Starfield and, say, Avowed (or Fable, sigh) this year. I need new big beautiful fantasy or sci-fi RPG. Having cool showcases is better than nothing, but I know what I prefer. Hoping for some surprise not involving XBOX holy trinity (cool for fans but I am not one).

Very hyped about Silksong, but I don't care if it's on some sub or not. I need a date! Hopefully it means 2022.

i get that and sony always deliver quality but its so noticeable how bad their communication and messaging has become from the PS4 era. it just seems so arrogant. what happened to the big shows they used to do like e3 2015 and 2016? those were legendary man. sony are too quiet and reserved for my liking. its boring.

Last edited:
hollow knight silksong gamepass day one confirmed. also kojima game at xbox show on sunday. damn, what a show its shaping up to be. meanwhile sony are quiet as fuck and only gave a 30 minute state of play with 3rd party games. they aint building hype the way they used to.

I'm wondering what Sonys showcase is going to be like.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

DeaDPo0L84

i get that and sony always deliver quality but its so noticeable how bad their communication and messaging has become from the PS4 era. it just seems so arrogant. what happened to the big shows they used to do like e3 2015 and 2016? those were legendary man. sony are too quiet and reserved for my liking. its boring.
I'll take substance over style. Xbox puts on a good show and are good at building hype but typically fail at delivering in the end. If Sony keeping their head down is what gets us the 1st party games we're used to then so be it, I don't play "hype", I play videogames.

DarthPutin

Well, hopefully they will have big show in Autumn. I am also worried they'll be very conservative with that, not wanting to show stuff that is way off. But with steady release of games I feel like they can afford it, it's not just promises of the future. Presumed 2023/2024 would be fine by me.

It's not like I am criticizing XBOX for it either, it just feels a little hollow when you go from big presentations to (almost) nothing happening for so long. Still it's better to have people pumped for the future that is surely coming than to have just nothing at all.

Really curious if 2023 will be a dream year (for everyone) it seems to be :messenger_grinning_smiling: Or will it, like in 2022, just disappear like a mirage...

xHunter

I can see the cloud game being fun when it adds new elements to the horror genre. If its just a typical horror game, i dont see the point in opting for cloud

TLZ

Banned
Damn, it's like being a kid and someone telling you what all your birthday/Xmas gifts are before opening them. Interesting point on leaking info.
But imagine someone leaks to you there's a PS5/Xbox/Switch in one of these gifts. Your hype'll shoot through the roof.

Arachnid

He also liked a tweet that said Overdose is Abandoned. He likes lots of tweets.

This one too

And this

"self inflicted abuse with drug use"

TBH, drug abuse causing the descent into the otherworld due to an addict protagonist is actually kind of a novel idea for Silent Hill. Less "guilt because of death of a loved one" (90% of SH games) and more "I'm a degenerate druggy who's doing this to myself" kind of angle. Could you imagine cussing at the screen while you watch the protagonist shoot up and force you into hell or a boss fight?

Plus, addiction is a legit bitch, so you could still muster some sympathy for the protagonist and somewhat root for him/her to get clean/make it out of Silent Hill. It's a real world struggle Silent Hill hasn't tackled yet. I'd be onboard with this.

consoul

Never assume a leaker is an employee of the organisation the info comes from. Employees have the most to lose and will rarely leak to the public directly. The guys posting leaks online are more likely to be people who know people in the organisations.

Zeroing

Banned
He is not a Sony employee, because if he was, he would had leaked much much more!

My guess is he is new into the gaming industry work… by work it can be anything from PR to a guy who edit trailers.

Lognor

Banned
So Hollow Knight 2 is exclusive or something? Or just day one on GamePass?
Not full exclusive. I'm betting xbox (and game pass), pc and switch day one. Ps 3 months later. Similar to how hk1 came to xbox and ps 3 months after switch but this time ms ponied up the money to get day one alongside switch

Kagey K

Banned
He is not a Sony employee, because if he was, he would had leaked much much more!

My guess is he is new into the gaming industry work… by work it can be anything from PR to a guy who edit trailers.
I'm thinking he's somehow getting access to videos that have been uploaded to YouTube but are still hidden.

Whether he is an employee there or someone who found a way around thier code remains to be seen.

begotten

Yep.

He definitely works for YT in some capacity.

Still interesting seeing the stuff he has come out with, but if he was a real heavy hitter he should try saying something that's projected 12+ months away to prove otherwise.

Zeroing

Banned
I'm thinking he's somehow getting access to videos that have been uploaded to YouTube but are still hidden.

Whether he is an employee there or someone who found a way around thier code remains to be seen.
NDA's exist for a reason. That is why there is so many secrets. I do think he might get access to promo material, meaning he might be an intern not knowing that sooner or later he will be stopped from leaking stuff.

I mean if I were to make a social account would need to disclose in the about me: my personal views does not represent the company/clients.

That is how delicate things are.

Kagey K

Banned
NDA's exist for a reason. That is why there is so many secrets. I do think he might get access to promo material, meaning he might be an intern not knowing that sooner or later he will be stopped from leaking stuff.

I mean if I were to make a social account would need to disclose in the about me: my personal views does not represent the company/clients.

That is how delicate things are.
If he's not under NDA, because either he doesn't work there or was a contractor who didn't sign one

Who cares?

I was just suppositioning how he was getting his info. Nothing else.

Last edited:
"self inflicted abuse with drug use"

TBH, drug abuse causing the descent into the otherworld due to an addict protagonist is actually kind of a novel idea for Silent Hill. Less "guilt because of death of a loved one" (90% of SH games) and more "I'm a degenerate druggy who's doing this to myself" kind of angle. Could you imagine cussing at the screen while you watch the protagonist shoot up and force you into hell or a boss fight?

Plus, addiction is a legit bitch, so you could still muster some sympathy for the protagonist and somewhat root for him/her to get clean/make it out of Silent Hill. It's a real world struggle Silent Hill hasn't tackled yet. I'd be onboard with this.
Knowing Kojima, it's probably called "Overdose" because it takes place in a near-future post-apocalyptic world where the military-industrial complex (MIC) led to the creation of a complacent population by setting off anti-depressant & opiate-like drug bombs in the atmosphere. These bombs self-replicate by harnessing the power generated by the furious tapping of the Twitter "Like" button--the only way the masses can get any semblance of human connection, since the drugs wipe out the ability to feel emotions traditionally gained through face-to-face interactions. Only the MIC's patented, cloned super-soldiers have genetically-enhanced immunity to the drugs and Twitter's engagement algorithms.

You play as the guy who delivers mail to Conan O'Brien or whatever

Last edited:
Sony is having a showcase in September. Most likely the God of War Ragnarok state of play will happen before that.

One thing I like that Sony does is focus on games releasing in the same year. I have a feeling most of what we see from Xbox tomorrow will mainly be games that will come in 2023 and later.

Last edited:
Sony is having a showcase in September. Most likely the God of War Ragnarok state of play will happen before that.

One thing I like that Sony does is focus on games releasing in the same year. I have a feeling most of what we see from Xbox tomorrow will mainly be games that will come in 20223 and later.

On the games front, I have no issues with Sony. They are miles above Microsoft in that regard and pretty much always have been. It's their new way of communication that is annoying me. I want them to be like how they were during the ps4 era. At one stage they were doing 2 big shows per year and even did conferences for gamescom and Paris games week. PSX was amazing and pure fan service. They ain't doing any of these things anymore. I want to hear from Sony more, not less. Nobody brings excitement the way they do when they actually decide to put on a show

Last edited:
Top Bottom