• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "The Snitch (@insider_wtf)" Leaker Thread

Plot twist: Kojima made Death Stranding for PS. Now he's making Death Stranding 2 for Xbox!
And Monday on GAF

War Mcr GIF by My Chemical Romance
war GIF

Banjo64

cumsessed
Thought Overwatch was always f2p? Like all these types of games i.e. Fortnight.
No. Overwatch is a paid fps game with no campaign, like Battlefield. Everyone gets the same characters but you can spend money optionally for skins. There’s no season passes.

I’ve spent £0 on any cosmetics but they give away a good amount of currency/loot boxes for free so I’ve got legendary/epic skins for all my mains.

Last edited:

Isa

I wouldn't be too surprised at Overdose being so quick to complete, as Kojima and pals got DS out real quicklike. Plus if the rumors are true about it being a Cloud type of interactive movie game, look how quickly Supermassive has be able to pump out decent little titles over the years since Until Dawn. I know my firl and I like 'em, we've been playing through Until Dawn and they're good fun, plus being able to change the course of the story is neat. I'd love to see what Kojima could do with a title like that.

Really looking forward to the show tomorrow. Wondering who the Snitch is myself, not that it matters. I'm just glad for some news.

I wouldn't be too surprised at Overdose being so quick to complete, as Kojima and pals got DS out real quicklike. Plus if the rumors are true about it being a Cloud type of interactive movie game, look how quickly Supermassive has be able to pump out decent little titles over the years since Until Dawn. I know my firl and I like 'em, we've been playing through Until Dawn and they're good fun, plus being able to change the course of the story is neat. I'd love to see what Kojima could do with a title like that.

Really looking forward to the show tomorrow. Wondering who the Snitch is myself, not that it matters. I'm just glad for some news.

The cloud part is where I’m really lost with this. I can imagine it being episodic but I can’t imagine how a horror game will be designed with the cloud in mind.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

bitbydeath

Gold Member

It’s been in the works since 2019.
The cloud rumour was about a legal signing to potentially take place last year, it wasn’t about a game being in development and the cloud rumour isn’t related to Kojimas horror game he started in 2019.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

TLZ

Banned
No. Overwatch is a paid fps game with no campaign, like Battlefield. Everyone gets the same characters but you can spend money optionally for skins. There’s no season passes.

I’ve spent £0 on any cosmetics but they give away a good amount of currency/loot boxes for free so I’ve got legendary/epic skins for all my mains.
Sounds like a perfect fit for f2p.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I don't think Snitch has anymore news in all honesty.

He leaked the thing he had, the sony showcase, built himself up a following and milking it while he can.

Otherwise he would've leaked the Xbox event already.
It’s because he’s not making things up, unlike other “insiders”. He wouldn’t have access to Xbox and Sony leaks unless he hacked YouTube as others had said.

Last edited:
bitbydeath bitbydeath you still think abandoned is someow related to silent hill? now you think overdose is somehow related to both? if its revealed to be some other xbox game tomorrow, will you give up? i think silent hill by kojima could possibly be real but i have no doubt that abandoned isnt related in any way. i was fully team real at one point too.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
bitbydeath bitbydeath you still think abandoned is someow related to silent hill? now you think overdose is somehow related to both? if its revealed to be some other xbox game tomorrow, will you give up? i think silent hill by kojima could possibly be real but i have no doubt that abandoned isnt related in any way. i was fully team real at one point too.
Let me turn that around, if it’s not revealed at the Xbox event, will you concede that Abandoned is 100% related to Kojima and Silent Hills?

PhaseJump

Banned

Let me turn that around, if it’s not revealed at the Xbox event, will you concede that Abandoned is 100% related to Kojima and Silent Hills?

What if Microsoft bought up Konami IP and invited Kojima on stage to silence some shills?

conspiracy-theory.gif

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
hollow knight silksong gamepass day one confirmed. also kojima game at xbox show on sunday. damn, what a show its shaping up to be. meanwhile sony are quiet as fuck and only gave a 30 minute state of play with 3rd party games. they aint building hype the way they used to.
They dont need to because they actually released first party games this year and have 2 more to go

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Kojima is a big hitter. If Xbox have him locked for an exclusive it's huge. If Xbox and Kojima works it could be used by MS to entice other Japanese developers to work with Xbox again for exclusive games.

Worryingly I'll have to tone down my Jeff Grubb rhetoric if this pans out.
There already were rumours of this, and the fact the game from leaks is on the cloud, qte, and episodic makes it worse than death stranding, and game you were a god damn ups driver

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Think the rumors are one episodic title and a another game. So I’m guessing Overdose could the episodic one while Death Stranding 2 could be the other game.

Anyways I highly doubt he’s throwing Sony in the trash so future Kojima games should be available on that platform.
Sony owns the death stranding IP, so if theres a death stranding 2 its on playstation and exclusive

I'll take substance over style. Xbox puts on a good show and are good at building hype but typically fail at delivering in the end. If Sony keeping their head down is what gets us the 1st party games we're used to then so be it, I don't play "hype", I play videogames.
Lol.
MS won Publisher of the year in 2021 and that was without Bethesda games.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Lol.
MS won Publisher of the year in 2021 and that was without Bethesda games.

And still mediocre as fuck. Sorry but they are far from consistent. 1 year “publisher of the year”, and still it was not much they had to offer. Imo Halo Infinite didn’t deserve those weirdly high score for a generic looking shooter with bland environment.

People act like that one year made them sort of world leaders lol.

rofif

Banned
Just saw this. Holy shit. If P3, P4 and P5R all come to game pass, I'm going to lose my shit.

P5R is my favourite JRPG of all time and deserves as big an audience as possible.

I'll definitely do a new run holy shit.
Can someone help me understand Persona games?
I tried watching some and it's more like an anmie show? Really over talked anime show ?

It is a streamlined version of a classic monster battling RPG supporting some borderline creepy Japanese high school visual novel.

Worse take ever.

Persona 5 Royal is an in depth jrpg with some of the best music in any video games. It oozes with pure style, has a really amazing fighting system where you can negotiate with the monsters literally mid fight, has an in depth fusion system to create even more advanced monsters to use their abilities etc and also has elements of a dating sim (but your not forced to do that stuff). There's a reason why P5R is considered one of the GOTYs when it came out for many many people. Check some reviews rather than reading a fly by trash post which clearly shows they never played it. There is nothing streamlined about any of its systems. It took me around 140 hours to beat and I loved every second.

Last edited:
Top Bottom