• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The one thing I truly hate about Final Fantasy XVI

RoboFu

One of the green rats
What?
Jill and Clive kiss at least 2 times (from my memory). And one time they're interrupted.

They almost kiss a few times for 3/4 of the game but as soon as bahamut and his boy toy get screen time they are all over each other. Lol 😂

Last edited:

linko9

yeah, this only happened to me 3 times (twice in a row with one enemy), in all cases in a hard fight just as I had gotten the HP down to pretty much zero. Infuriating, but luckily really rare.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Enemies just leave!!

You are fighting an enemy, and suddenly they just walk away and their health regenerates, so it has to start over!

What the hell is that design?! If you go far away from them, I guess they assume you are fleeting, but the biggest issue is that they are the o es moving around, and they are the ones moving away causing the “fleeting”! Also, some marks have these huge attacks that you have to move! Why don’t they just put a barrier?

I hate that I have had to do several marks more than once because this stupid design choice!
I had this happen to me during an S rank hunt LOL. Hopefully they can patch it.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I had this happen to me during an S rank hunt LOL. Hopefully they can patch it.
But there clear green ring around area when you start the fight and recently find out when you leave the ring the monster doesn't leave right away, the ring gives you warning by changing shape and start to flash.

Really though? It doesn’t make more potent?
I think only skills that can't be used on other Eikons (like circle button abilities) gain benefit from mastery, but otherwise it's generally just the ability to use it on another Eikon. Check with triangle though and it will detail exactly what "upgrade" and "mastery" do for that particular skill.

Really though? It doesn’t make more potent?
Upgrades - do more damage, extend skill time, or add more hits
Mastery - can equip on other Eikon slots than the element it's assigned to
Mastery of Basic Abilities - (like Charge Magic or Charge Attack) - makes them do more damage, extend time of use, or take less time to activate.

I am on my second playthrough; in Final Fantasy Mode now, and literally never had this happen and i've 100%d the quests and hunts. Maybe stop running away while fighting?

Last edited:

Raven77

So this is working as designed. Perhaps a confirmation when it happens would have been good. But here's what's happening.

When fighting, there's usually a red circle around a large area if the fight is not optional. You can't leave that area. If you approach the circle, you'll hit an invisible wall.

When fighting marks, there's a green circle instead of a red one. This indicates the area where - if you're inside of it - the enemies will keep attacking you. If you try to walk out of the green circle, you will not hit a wall. Instead, you will just step outside of it and the enemy will disengage. It's how you run from optional battles.

So when enemies walk away, they didn't 'just leave', you accidentally disengaged or 'ran from the fight'.

You just have to be aware of the engagement boundaries in wide open areas.

Why, no matter the comment, is there always someone who uses the laugh emoji?

Like, your response is perfect. It's a well written, easy to understand, helpful reply and yet someone laughs at your comment. I just don't get it. I see it ALL the time on here.

Thabass

Happened to me a couple of times, but the arena is usually big enough that it doesn't happen too often.

Why, no matter the comment, is there always someone who uses the laugh emoji?

Like, your response is perfect. It's a well written, easy to understand, helpful reply and yet someone laughs at your comment. I just don't get it. I see it ALL the time on here.
It's probably because posters such as Loomy Loomy and GreetingsMortal GreetingsMortal didn't consider the possibility that the enemy combatant can break it's own rule and step outside of the circular combat area using certain movement abilities, thus causing you to try and guide it back in the circle or lose aggro completely, with both solutions being based on a fault that's not your own.

Or people can simply ignore this and believe that the OP would somehow, suddenly decide to flee away from a basic enemy mob that he's intending to fight.

Mephisto40

The enemies melt so quickly this is a bit of a non issue tbh, it's not like the game is so difficult that 1 enemy regenerating their health on a battle every now and again makes much of a difference

xion4360

I think I accidentally ran away from an enemy one time...but I don't see why that would happen to you alot.

danklord

Gold Member
It happened on accident during a hunt but the gigantic red area circle and the screen pulsing telling you you're out of range are good things to pay attention to.

ClosBSAS

i hate the performance on that shit...so bad. just gonna wait for the pc version. which will probably be a stutterfest but it will at least have better iq.

Gambit2483

i hate the performance on that shit...so bad. just gonna wait for the pc version. which will probably be a stutterfest but it will at least have better iq.
Considering the recent state of PC releases its pretty much a crapshoot.

You could get a GOOD release like Spider-Man or you could get another TLOU Part 1.

I hope SE treats their flagship franchise with the care and respect it deserves

Redefine07

The game its fine , I only hate the side quests they rob you from the main quest AAA tier to do a side-quest that require you to find a fry pan and talk about it 2 hours fuckin G-tier quests aka Garbage.

The game its fine , I only hate the side quests they rob you from the main quest AAA tier to do a side-quest that require you to find a fry pan and talk about it 2 hours fuckin G-tier quests aka Garbage.
There are a few side quests in sanbreque that were a taste of how great side quests in general could have been. They were really dark and different, almost as if they were plucked straight out of a Witcher game. It’s unfortunate that hours afterwards I still haven’t found side quests of that caliber yet.

Top Bottom