• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 4 |OT| Behold its true form and despair!

Sayers

Well, despite my earlier declarations, y'all's positive impressions got to me. Downloading now. You guys were supposed to be trashing it endlessly and cursing EA's name damn it!

I caught him the second time, during this hunger disaster he seemed to put something in his mouth, then his hunger meter went into the green instantly. What's this nonsense? Sims can't die from starvation any longer? Is it because I'm in a public lot? I don't think he had anything in his inventory.

Seriously, how do you kill people in this stupid game?

Necrovex

I caught him the second time, during this hunger disaster he seemed to put something in his mouth, then his hunger meter went into the green instantly. What's this nonsense? Sims can't die from starvation any longer? Is it because I'm in a public lot? I don't think he had anything in his inventory.

Where's my murder option?!

CzarTim

Well, despite my earlier declarations, y'all's positive impressions got to me. Downloading now. You guys were supposed to be trashing it endlessly and cursing EA's name damn it!

I expected to be right there with them. Instead I've already put in over 25 hours and still going strong.

Mr Swine

Banned

My sims wife which turned into a elder died directly after doing a woohoo with him :p

Playing with the characters from It's Always Sunny.

The game notified me that Mac was mortified, and I found him like this in the kitchen.

I guess he walked in on Dennis eating Mac n' Cheese with the Grim Reaper.

iHQ8Jaa.jpg

I was expecting myself to refuse getting it, but that price from Mexican Origin was tempting since it is the price that this game deserves/should have been. Been having a good time too.

Woohoo'ing too often can make a Sim die. You should let him go off with a bang that way. :p

Delio

We're horrible people. But I am about to reach top tier of my journalism job, so I'll be a reputation God. Anyone who insults me will get a negative article in the paper. Mwuahaha.

Just got married, so I am to start thinking about starting a family up. Guess I have to leave my bachelor pad now.

I'm going to have to move soon so I can adopt. Although adopting is waiting till both my sims are adults. Also holy crap my novels are all bringing in a lot of money.

BTW anyone know how to make a sim play for tips? I went to the nightclub but I was not sure how to get the interaction with the guitar.

Can't get my evil sim to be angry, ever. He gets too happy from people being upset from the mental abuse.

I've had the same problem. For me, the trick is to formally declare them an enemy, which should be an option when you click on them. That should make you mad. If not it might be because you're too confident or something, in which case, do something embarrassing like a pickup line. That'll suck up their confidence and anger will take over.

Aaron D.

*Checks gamerankings.com*

2. The Sims 4 (PC) 65.39%

Ouch!

I'd say this is the best of both worlds for me.

I'm enjoying myself immensely so far, so I'm set regardless of popular opinion. I'd say I'm leaning from 8 to 8.5 if I had to put a number on it.

However, if the press want to drag the game across the coals because there's no infants, pools, or Create-a-Style, well that could force EA's hand and coerce them to add feature sets in free patch updates in the future.

Either way I'm golden 'cause I'm entirely satisfied with what's in the box right now.

Does anyone know if you can still get raises after you reach the top tier of a job? I seem to remember that in TS3, if you kept performing well, you could keep getting raises, even if you were already fully promoted, but I'm having trouble here.

Ravijn

I second this question, as well as whether or not their Limited Edition is the same as Origin's Digital Deluxe Edition which includes the three starting DLCs?

The limited version only gives you the 'Life of the Party' content.

Edit - Added pic

Ravijn

I'd say this is the best of both worlds for me.

I'm enjoying myself immensely so far, so I'm set regardless of popular opinion. I'd say I'm leaning from 8 to 8.5 if I had to put a number on it.

However, if the press want to drag the game across the coals because there's no infants, pools, or Create-a-Style, well that could force EA's hand and coerce them to add feature sets in free patch updates in the future.

Either way I'm golden 'cause I'm entirely satisfied with what's in the box right now.

I agree.

I played Sims 1 & 2 and skipped 3 so most of the stuff in this game is new to me. I'm having a lot of fun with the game but it always seems like I never have enough time to do what I want to do.

Does exercising increase or help with the energy bar? I always seem to run out of energy even though I had enough sleep in the game.

Edit - I love the gallery function. Being able to download and use other peoples creations is pretty damn cool.

CzarTim

Well, one of my sims was engaged to a girl, but when I loaded my save she completely vanished from his contacts list. No idea what I did. Guess he's back on the market :-/

Having played the game a bit, I've seen things. First, kids overalls have a blue/red & purple/yellow colouration not unlike a certain plumber and his antithesis - it's a very nice touch. Second, there's a hulky purple colouration available for most pants; someone at Maxis must have crusaded for this during development, as it's the only explanation that makes sense.

Also, I looked at the Aspiration rewards, and boy does it make the game look like it was conceived as a free-to-play game. Inexpensive need-filling potions, anyone?

CzarTim

Well, one of my sims was engaged to a girl, but when I loaded my save she completely vanished from his contacts list. No idea what I did. Guess he's back on the market :-/

um... well, she showed up at the house despite not being on the contacts list. And... well, let's just say he immediately eloped with her in the hopes of distracting her from the woman slipping out the back door.

edit: wait, now she's pregnant... that's not his kid. This family just turned into an episode of Maury.

Avixph

I asked this same question in The Sims 4 Request-A-Sim Thread but since I did not get a reply and hardly anyone posts in it I will ask it in this thread:
If I were to PM a profile pic of myself to one of you guys would it be possible to create a Sim that accurately resembles me?

But Before I do that can anyone that is interested in the task please post pics of Sims that you have created that accurately look like real people (friends, family members, celebrities, etc.) or characters from other mediums?

Ah crap. I made some guy die, but the Death didn't come. He turned into an urn without Death coming by.

Wtf. I'm trying to get that Grim Reaper skills somewhat legitimately.

Pau

I asked this same question in The Sims 4 Request-A-Sim Thread but since I did not get a reply and hardly anyone posts in it I will ask it in this thread:
If I were to PM a profile pic of myself to one of you guys would it be possible to create a Sim that accurately resembles me?

But Before I do that can anyone that is interested in the task please post pics of Sims that you have created that accurately look like real people (friends, family members, celebrities, etc.) or characters from other mediums?
My boyfriend has been doing this with his Sim and mine. He'll upload picks in a bit.

Apparently my first name (Pau) is too inappropriate for the gallery. :/

Setsuna

Nope, it shows its major flaw : lack of reaction/consequences.
It's like the sims still have no "memory".

Memories mean nothing when you have people locking sims in houses only to starve and deprave them while trying to burn down the house.

And its not even like they are trying to push the limits of the game play system

Also they cant really add consequences or else it conflicts with the actual game play elements you would just end up adding on consequences to people who play normally

I've had the same problem. For me, the trick is to formally declare them an enemy, which should be an option when you click on them. That should make you mad. If not it might be because you're too confident or something, in which case, do something embarrassing like a pickup line. That'll suck up their confidence and anger will take over.

Sounds doable. Me and someone are about to go 10 rounds.

Achtius

Maybe I am playing the game wrong. all my sim does is work and try to improve skills. Nothing ever interesting happens, I never seen anyone dies or anything.

Kabouter

Maybe I am playing the game wrong. all my sim does is work and try to improve skills. Nothing ever interesting happens, I never seen anyone dies or anything.

Well, how many interesting things happen in real life if all you ever do is work/train? Maybe have your sim go out and socialize and what not.

McNum

Well, you are the god of this world. If nothing interesting happens... make it. Is your Sim single? Find a mate. Married? Break that up somehow! Hates Children? Sounds like the perfect Sim to have a child!

And if your Sim is just so boring that nothing happens.. make another. Try giving it a flaw. A Good, Active, Confident Sim is awesome... and such a bore. The "bad" traits are there for a reason. Hot-headed, Hates Children, Clumsy, Evil, and so on. Those are the spice of the game. Gloomy, too, if you just want a Sim that mopes around. Actually, a Gloomy Clumsy Romantic with the Soulmate aspiration sounds fun, come to think of it.

Basically, the game is easy if you make it easy. Don't make it easy. The plumbob giveth, the plumbob taketh away. Taketh some away.

Also, I know reviews are starting to come out, I'll update the OP about that as soon as a few more are out. Would really like to have most of the big ones there for the update.

carlsojo

Sims is really all about you making up your own stories. If you want something interesting to happen.. make it happen. Or just learn the Mischief skill and unleash the Noxious Cloud on everyone you meet.

Achtius

Well, how many interesting things happen in real life if all you ever do is work/train? Maybe have your sim go out and socialize and what not.

stop being so logical :(

And if your Sim is just so boring that nothing happens.. make another. Try giving it a flaw. A Good, Active, Confident Sim is awesome... and such a bore. The "bad" traits are there for a reason. Hot-headed, Hates Children, Clumsy, Evil, and so on. Those are the spice of the game. Gloomy, too, if you just want a Sim that mopes around. Actually, a Gloomy Clumsy Romantic with the Soulmate aspiration sounds fun, come to think of it.

Sims is really all about you making up your own stories. If you want something interesting to happen.. make it happen. Or just learn the Mischief skill and unleash the Noxious Cloud on everyone you meet.

I'll try making a new sim with bad traits.

Some crazy bugs have come up with the emotion system. Kid's are flirty with each other and adults. This includes family members.

The official forums are going nuts atm.

RP912

Banned
Some crazy bugs have come up with the emotion system. Kid's are flirty with each other and adults. This includes family members.

The official forums are going nuts atm.

Its just a matter of time when a modder will exploit that bug and Simgate will be upon us :/

I didn't run into this bug yet. My child sim can't even make friends. Most of the kids run away from him the moment he want to play in the pirate ship.

Hard knock life :(

DedValve

Banned
Congrats, I can already hear the Sims 5 promotional material.

'Memory' is absolutely going to be the feature they push.

Its dumb because that was in TS2 albeit in an extremely limited capacity. If any game should have went full force with it, it should have been TS3. Here we are and memories still haven't been expanded upon since =/

I really loved the memories of TS2 and moodlets "mourning the loss of a child - 2 days" was incredibly retarded.

I would love for memories to make a full return with the ability to always be persistent, certain activities will re-ignite memories, you can forget memories at old age or repress them due to traumatic experiences and in general help shape your sim.

Currently Sims are static, you give them traits and they will more or less stay the same without ever really evolving, of course memories might be a daunting task but to not make any meaningful additions to it (or in certain cases remove it outright and add in a neutered version later) really sucks.

RP912

Banned
As much as I appreciate what the sims 4 does better in the series....I can't shake my sims 3 addiction. I feel more attached to that environment than the one in sims 4. Story progression seems more involved in sims 3 than 4. I find myself not even caring about anybody in the game and go for trying to become better at my job. I really love the situations that come within your job like lying on your resume and etc. I hope they push those features in the next dlc.

Yeah I still can't get my evil sim to get angry. Declaring an enemy gives him +2 happiness because he makes a new enemy and he loves it!

How in earth do I get a sim angry. Isn't there an object or decor to do it?

Chaos17

Its dumb because that was in TS2 albeit in an extremely limited capacity. If any game should have went full force with it, it should have been TS3. Here we are and memories still haven't been expanded upon since =/

I really loved the memories of TS2 and moodlets "mourning the loss of a child - 2 days" was incredibly retarded.

I would love for memories to make a full return with the ability to always be persistent, certain activities will re-ignite memories, you can forget memories at old age or repress them due to traumatic experiences and in general help shape your sim.

Currently Sims are static, you give them traits and they will more or less stay the same without ever really evolving, of course memories might be a daunting task but to not make any meaningful additions to it (or in certain cases remove it outright and add in a neutered version later) really sucks.
I don't think it's that hard for a full team beacause Dwarf Fortress do give "memories" (they can remember now in adventure mode if you killed someone) to their dwarves and even write their bio. Or accident can happen too like having a crippled child. The social aspect is not that develloped but 2 people are able to code that, I think a professional team will be able to do more.

Anyway, for me the emotions are just a mix bewtween the wish and buff/debuff features that were in sims 3 : then give bonus or unlock action depending the emotion.

Tc91

Is the Mexican Origin store the cheapest place for this? Not sure if I'll play it a ton to warrant paying the price with Destiny coming out in a few days.

Yeah I still can't get my evil sim to get angry. Declaring an enemy gives him +2 happiness because he makes a new enemy and he loves it!

How in earth do I get a sim angry. Isn't there an object or decor to do it?

I'm having the same problem trying to make my Sim sad. She's a loner so she likes being alone. She's also gloomy, so you would think she would be sad a lot. But it's not working and I want to write a sad book!

I think failing at things will make you Sim mad or angry, but there's no easy to way to choose to fail. Anyone know any good tricks for sadness?

Top Bottom