• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Unofficially Official X05 Thread (announcements go in here, clones)

SuperPac

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Actually, on Xbox.com, they do say those three games are launch day titles.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/x05/launchtitles.htm

Edit: Ah... I do see the launch window thing now. Forget what I said! :D

It's a matter of semantics, and it's discouraging. What it says more than anything else to me is that they cannot commit to a day one lineup because they're still not even sure what will make it. I understand that the game is all about launch window, but from a consumer's point of view it doesn't really inspire confidence. It's great that they showed off more games that we'll be playing next year, but it's all moot if I'm not going to have a reason to buy the system till then. :p

GhaleonEB

SuperPac said:
It's a matter of semantics, and it's discouraging. What it says more than anything else to me is that they cannot commit to a day one lineup because they're still not even sure what will make it. I understand that the game is all about launch window, but from a consumer's point of view it doesn't really inspire confidence. It's great that they showed off more games that we'll be playing next year, but it's all moot if I'm not going to have a reason to buy the system till then. :p

Just seems like developers need two extra months to finish stuff, minimum.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
SyNapSe said:
The SC4 vid is up on blim's site but I can't get to it :\

edit: mysql errors. must be getting ravaged
Yeah I'm getting hammered badly. The site is definitely not done for so many visitors.

Shompola

Banned
wow I didnt know x05 would be this big. Other than lack luster impressions about PDZ and somewhat PGR3 everything has been great IMO. Ohh man TOO Human looks damn good, so does that massive attack thing game.

KarishBHR

Shompola said:
wow I didnt know x05 would be this big. Other than lack luster impressions about PDZ and somewhat PGR3 everything has been great IMO. Ohh man TOO Human looks damn good, so does that massive attack thing game.

I wont be happy until I see games, being played, like madden, nba 2k6, exc

SuperPac said:

Yep! I agree. The launch line-up is still going to determine if I'm going to keep my pre-order or not. I want to know what I can expect to walk out of the store with on Day 1, and even if they had confirmed Kameo, PDZ, and PGR3 for Day 1, I'm still not sure that I'd be keeping the pre-order. Kameo looks interesting, but not sure if I'd enjoy it long term. PDZ only interests me if it's truely the Halo for Xbox 360 launch, otherwise, I'm not sure I'm interested, and PGR3 looks amazing, but it takes a very good race game to keep my attention for long.

hadareud

The Translator
Blimblim said:
Yeah I'm getting hammered badly. The site is definitely not done for so many visitors.

are you allowed to put the whole press conference online btw, or is MS restricting it to the trailers?

Bebpo

Banned
So when would be the likely time-frame for finding out day 1 titles?

Is it going to come down to the guys at the local EB opening the boxes the night before launch and saying what games are in there?

ram

Marconelly said:
This in TTP posting using Marconelly's account.

Edit: ok, some quick impressions

GOW: Guy played a small part at night under the rain. Imporessive graphics (water could be saw going downwards on vertical surfaces like trees and walls). Frame rate was BAD. Not much action. Just the guy walking and getting us scared.

PGR3: Major disappoinment. Demo run at 30fps with no-updating textures (low res version upclose) and quite a bit of aliasing.

PDZ: Hmm... enemy animation is way better than what we saw in those videos some days ago. Actually, they are even better reacting than the "zombies" in RE4. Movement felt slow. Weapons felt too light (like plastic toys). Graphics look so so to me (and - again - 30pfs), but the co-op mod (as demoed at the conference) looks like a killer.

COD2: Quite a surprise. Was the most smooth game of the show. I guess it run at 60fps with some hiccups here and there.

Fifa 2006: ahahahahah

Condamned: Improved, but not that much.

that doesnt sound very positive. is the age of 30fps games coming? i`ll ghope they improve the framerate, because first gen games must have 60fps! >:O

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Would some please confirm or deny Oblivion at launch for the love of God? Jesus, this is getting ridiculous.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
DreamMachine said:
BLIM BLIM have you seen PDO at all, is it as bad as it looks in the trailers??
It doesn't look very good, that's for sure. It plays nicely though. Or so I heard, I don't care about FPS games that much.
Ho btw, as always 2K is doing their moronic stuff and won't let people film anything.

thorns

Banned
Blimblim said:
It doesn't look very good, that's for sure. It plays nicely though. Or so I heard, I don't care about FPS games that much.
Ho btw, as always 2K is doing their moronic stuff and won't let people film anything.
how is top spin 2 looking??

shpankey

not an idiot
truffleshuffle83 said:
there wasnt anything "new" in that whole bunch
Yeah, I see that now (I think the Kameo one is new though). Stupid IGN have all of that dated today, as if it's new. Fuckers.

My apologies though.

Amir0x

Banned
Wait a minute, TTP says PGR3 is disappointing? Wtf. Well I guess it's probably just crunching for launch window release. I'm not a fan of the Gotham racing series anyway, so eh. Call of Duty 2, however, seems to be pleasantly surprising. That's going on my buy list when I get a 360.

Mrbob

Oh, and I officially hate the term launch window.

are you gonna patent the videos mr bob

Damn it. Hahah. Whoops. I'm not editing my post until I get some Madden 360 videos. YOU HEAR THAT, EA?!?!?

Chi-Town

I love the quality journalism that exists on the net...

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20051004-5391.html

Three titles are receiving top-billing from the company: Kameo: Elements of Power, Perfect Dark Zero, and Project Gotham Racing 3. All three notably stem from game developer Rare, a British game development company that was bought by Microsoft back in 2002.

But is it now? It remains to be seen how many of these titles will actually ship at anything approaching 720p or higher. Early titles will be coming out of shops that are just now getting the hang of the Xbox 360 dev environment, and their number one priority is to match either 30 or 60 frames-per-second, and resolution could be one of the first things that gets cut down to meet those targets. This isn't to say that high-definition titles aren't coming. But if the priority is to get titles out the door by November 22, and in the absence of optimization code that's garnered by experience, I wouldn't expect FIFA 2006 to be in 1080i.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
2 new NHL 2K6 screenshots :< :< :<

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Screens/ScreenShots.htm?CS_pid={0587F9A5-F224-46E1-8017-15BDC7C1E401}

DopeyFish said:

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Screens/ScreenShots.htm?CS_pid={0587F9A5-F224-46E1-8017-15BDC7C1E401}

WTF man, after nba 2k6 i thought this would look awesome as well :(

hadareud

The Translator
DopeyFish said:

they cannot be serious : (

what a disappointment, I was very excited about NHL 2k6 until now (after seeing NBA). for funks sake, now I gotta wait a year. Hopefully top spin will be better, I need one decent sport game ...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
IJoel said:
Meh, those are old.

VARK and STEVEMEISTER, where are you!? Why isn't there more Oblivion media? Do you like to watch us suffer? :p

What more do you need to see? They've showed off examples of damn near everything in the game already, why not save at least a little something for the actual experience of playing the game?

Schafer said:
What more do you need to see? They've showed off examples of damn near everything in the game already, why not save at least a little something for the actual experience of playing the game?

They haven't shown it running on 360 hardware. I want to see how smooth it is (ie. does it stutter like Morrowind) and how it looks in comparison to the PC version.

eso76

DopeyFish said:

ok...after seeing this i think i'll go to bed and play me some castlevania dawn of sorrow.

Top Bottom