• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: Jared Leto Circling 'Tron' Reboot at Disney (Exclusive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Not like this Disney. Don't kill Quorra. Please :(

tumblr_n9g2nh9J3o1rrkahjo1_500.gif

Dont take her from me

Magwik

Banned
AND YOU SHOULD

Disney: Hey Brad Bird! We've got you George Clooney and 200 million dollars, what do you got for us?

Brad Bird: I'M GONNA MAKE HIM BE KINDA A PEDO AND ALSO WATCH THIS GIRL GET RAN OVER WITH NO CUTS

TOMORROWLAND COSTS 200 MILLION?!?
WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
AND YOU SHOULD

Disney: Hey Brad Bird! We've got you George Clooney and 200 million dollars, what do you got for us?

Brad Bird: I'M GONNA MAKE HIM BE KINDA A PEDO AND ALSO WATCH THIS GIRL GET RAN OVER WITH NO CUTS

I actually quite enjoyed Tomorrowland...

On topic, this has me on edge. I want Tron 3, but not like this. Also, no Depp.

jelly

I haven't seen him in too many films but other than being an obviously handsome man, he hasn't really impressed me but has seriously annoyed me in Suicide Squad. He is just kinda there in other films.

Not like this Disney. Don't kill Quorra. Please :(

tumblr_n9g2nh9J3o1rrkahjo1_500.gif

Dont take her from me

They better bring her back i gotta see what sort of fun mishaps Quorra gets up to in the real world. Finally get to see her "hug a toaster or something" as Olivia Wilde once said in an interview

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The Tron movie was flawed. But the OG trailer was so good that it was worthwhile just for that.

"I got in."

Ashhong

Is this where we all pretend that winning an Oscar means absolutely anything?

Jesus Oscars/grammys are so fucking stupid.

Please, winning an Oscar definitely means something, no matter how hard people try to downplay it on GAF sometimes. Just look at the Oscar thread from Sunday and the Moonlight debacle. Seems like people don't care about the Oscars until their favorite movie wins something.

Mask

You'd think Leto's "performance" in SS would teach people that he's not a good actor anymore, and definitely not for Tron, god no

I wouldn't mind Leto being the new program seizing control after Clu. Perhaps he can be Dillinger's Jr.'s creation? Just like Sark was in the original.

780fXpcl.jpg

JdFoX187

Banned
Don't get how the headline calls it a "reboot" when they're talking about repurposing the script for the third movie. Sounds more like they're just going back to that, but instead of focusing on Sam and Quorra, it's going to focus on this other character. Sounds fine to me as long as it continues that storyline, or at least still takes place within that universe. I fucking hate the term "reboot" and how it's overused these days.

And what the fuck at everyone assuming a bad role in a mediocre film means Leto will shit on this movie too. Christ, GAF.

nekkid

I guess technically the Grid could have an in-universe reboot without this being a reboot.

Or something.

Jawmuncher

Don't get how the headline calls it a "reboot" when they're talking about repurposing the script for the third movie. Sounds more like they're just going back to that, but instead of focusing on Sam and Quorra, it's going to focus on this other character. Sounds fine to me as long as it continues that storyline, or at least still takes place within that universe. I fucking hate the term "reboot" and how it's overused these days.

And what the fuck at everyone assuming a bad role in a mediocre film means Leto will shit on this movie too. Christ, GAF.

Yeah the article makes it sound odd.
I actually think it would make sense for a "invasion" movie to focus on another character so long as they're still part of the story. Which was what legacy basically did anyway.

You guys can probably forget about the Quorra shit if this is the direction Disney is going. It's probably why that TRON: Legacy screening had Kosinski talking about all his plans in the first place: He knows those plans are dust.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Knew they were gonna reboot it. Building a franchise off a cult classic didn't work for Legacy, so Disney's just gonna try to give it a brand new aesthetic to see if that can be more appealing.

Plus Bruce Boxleitner said he wasn't coming back, so you might as well start all over.

You guys can probably forget about the Quorra shit if this is the direction Disney is going. It's probably why that TRON: Legacy screening had Kosinski talking about all his plans in the first place: He knows those plans are dust.

I have no love for anything beyond the visuals and the music in Tron Legacy

Everything else I can take or leave

Jedi2016

So... they don't have enough faith in the franchise to make a sequel that people actually do want, and instead are going to reboot it, which no one wants? Because reboots have been doing so well lately...?

Whaddafuq?

gabbo

I guess technically the Grid could have an in-universe reboot without this being a reboot.

Or something.
Well i mean Flynn recombining with Clu did wipe the Grid out of existence at the end of Legacy. Someone could start from there

So... they don't have enough faith in the franchise to make a sequel that people actually do want

People don't really want the sequel, though. Or at least, not a whole hell of a lot of people do.

Disney's trying to leverage a brand that, despite the quality of the films themselves, still has some recognition and pull.

They're trying to Battlestar Galactica this thing, I bet.

Bronx-Man

Banned
So... they don't have enough faith in the franchise to make a sequel that people actually do want, and instead are going to reboot it, which no one wants? Because reboots have been doing so well lately...?

Whaddafuq?
Sticking to the old aesthetic/characters for Legacy wasn't a good move profit-wise. Disney's betting that if they start over, they'll hit something that might reach a wider audience this time.

nekkid

Well i mean Flynn recombining with Clu did wipe the Grid out of existence at the end of Legacy. Someone could start from there

Nah, it just destroyed those two. The Grid is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom