• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: Jared Leto Circling 'Tron' Reboot at Disney (Exclusive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcott

At the time Disney had just bought Marvel and Lucasfilm. Tomorrowland was a big investment into their own original properties. Once it bombed and they saw how much money Marvel and Lucasfilm could pull in, they decided to put those kind of projects on hold.

I suppose that explains the disappearance of the Haunted Mansion and Black Hole reboots.

Jawmuncher

Since this is the most recent tron thread, i'll just piggyback here. The facebook for "Tron" is still posting random things, one being "Assemble all users', and another saying "A little bit of light cycle music" with a picture of Daft Punk.

https://www.facebook.com/Tron/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

This could just be the PR messing around, but considering the facebook is still active (While the Twitter has been inactive since 2012). I'd like to think that we might end up seeing an announcement at D23 perhaps. If the teasing isn't just messing around, I think it clarifies that this "reboot" could just be focusing on a new character. While set in the same story.

For some reason I really enjoyed Tron Legacy. I even want to watch it again. I even liked Oblivion a lot, even though they kinda come across as really humorless and bit boring. And I think the script for Legacy was a mess, and that was perhaps the worse movie. He can certainly craft cool action scenes.

Kosinki would make an amazing second unit director for someone, allow him to do all the action scenes and help with production design, but the man in charge for crafting a good movie, for knowing if the script is ready, for knowing when to pull the trigger, I am not sure he is that person.

I'd like to see another attempt at Tron although, I am very surprised they are doing it. I don't know if its got as much mileage left as they seem to think it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom