• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tifa Swimsuit Video Reveal got over 10 million Views in 24 Hours

Boring.

Its depressing being reminded that Final Fantasy 7's fanbase don't give a  single fuck about them as characters, and I don't blame them.
The devs and writers of Remake stripped any of the character they had in the Original, and turned the "Waifu bait" dial to 200%, just to really hit it home that Tifa and Aeris entire character is just "We want Clouds cock", and "Cute gf"

Both of those aspects were in the Original, but now this is ALL they are. In the eyes of the creators, and eyes of the fans.

Just mind-numbingly boring, basic and predictable.

And I thought the whole "Tifa and Aeris are basically begging Cloud for creampie, but he is so oblivious to it" shonen anime garbage was going to die in Remake, but Rebirth continues it.

Great.

Last edited:

Aenima

Boring.

Its depressing being reminded that Final Fantasy 7's fanbase don't give a  single fuck about them as characters, and I don't blame them.
The devs and writers of Remake stripped any of the character they had in the Original, and turned the "Waifu bait" dial to 200%, just to really hit it home that Tifa and Aeris entire character is just "We want Clouds cock", and "Cute gf"

Both of those aspects were in the Original, but now this is ALL they are. In the eyes of the creators, and eyes of the fans.

And I thought the whole "Tifa and Aeris are basically begging Cloud for creampie, but he is so oblivious to it" shonen anime garbage was going to die in Remake, but Rebirth continues it.

Great.
wot-wtf.gif

Reviewing well has nothing to do with fugly western character design choices. Gameplay saved TLoU’s fugly cast. Great visuals saved Horizon from its Chris Farley look alike main protagonist.
Man yall cappin. Aloy does not look like Chris Farley lmao. Shes decent looking for a woman even though shes a dyke and in fact she looks better than your average dyke because she got a nice body and dykes usually shaped like a barrel.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Boring.

Great.
Z7HeRxU.png

Boring.

🥵🥵🥵. closer to the fan arts

Great.
i have been disappointed by SE since SE.
they milked the hell out of FFVII with compilation.

I think FFVII Remake is not different, but i am more offended by the level/game design.

in fact, I would encourage to be more sexual if it was more mature.

Boring.

Great.
200.gif

bender

What time is it?
Boring.

Great.
200w.gif

FunkMiller

Boring.

Did you play Remake? Because Tifa certainly had a more fleshed out, three dimensional character in that, than she did in the OG version of the game. All the characters did actually, thanks to the increase in technology, and the increased run time for the Midgard sequence.

Maybe the characters are actually as good as they were in the original version, and you're just chucking a hissy fit because they've made Tifa look sexy?

Just a thought.

Era's probably a better place for you, if you see a sexualised female and immediately decide that all other aspects of the character have been thrown out of the window.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

That would be ironic, wouldn't it? Deeming characters one-dimensional because they look and act sexy, while it's in fact the surface-level analysis that's one-dimensional.

Some people have the attitude that the moment you sexualise a female character for the male gaze, it renders every other aspect of that character either redundant or non-existent.

It's incredibly lazy and reductive thinking.

It's perfectly possible to have a character be smoking hot - AND have a three dimensional personality, with a decently written set of values, ambitions and desires. In fact, that's probably the best commercial outcome for a fictional character.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Boring.

Great.
Rejected So Close GIF by Luchando en las Américas

E-Cat

Some people have the attitude that the moment you sexualise a female character for the male gaze, it renders every other aspect of that character either redundant or non-existent.
He seems very zoned in on Tifa and Aerith as waifu jerk fodder, and them wanting Cloud's cock. Maybe he's projecting from watching too much Cloud/Tifa/Aerith ffm on rule34, hence only seeing that aspect of those characters? 🤷‍♂️

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I still honestly don't get the hate for Aloy, she's sunburnt due to the environment (pretty impressive effects in the game have her actually sweating in the desert regions) and wearing no make up. And that screen shot is cherry picked using a close up camera.
They just want original content. We already had that character years ago.

uK5MdZs.jpg

Boring.

Great.
Aren’t remake and rebirth much more fleshed out versions of the characters than in the OG?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Boring.

Great.
WTF are you on Tifa is full of compassion and fire, a more grounded translation of Barret's convictions defending the dignity, beauty, and integrity of everyday life with courage and sorrow through battle and sacrifice. I'm very interested to see her heart shown in even greater depth through the Jenova/Zack revelations. Meanwhile Aerith is literally working the whole reality like Groundhog Day, the only one who knows what Sephiroth is up to yet dealing with all her loved ones from where they are at in their ignorance, driving the whole story from the core with gentle wisdom under the noses of everyone. If you think they are nothing but waifu bait now you literally missed everything that makes Remake a remake instead of just a remaster.

Anyways look how adorable Yuffie is :messenger_heart:

A9VRwGm.jpg

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
My issue with how western devs design strong female lead is to make them look and act like men as if being woman is a weakness so they make them look like men to look strong.....meanwhile in asian culture beauty is power.

In most Japanese games and anime, strong female characters look beautiful and they have no shame in their sexuality.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Boring.

Great.
All the characters are ten times more developed and fleshed out than they ever were in the original. Tifa's reluctance of joining Avalanche and her 'don't want anyone else to die' mentality, Yuffie's struggles, Aerith trying to make sense of her second chance and beating Sephiroth in his own game...

You're seriously ignoring all that characterization because of a ten second fanservice scene?

Go back to RetardERA.

Nickolaidas

My issue with how western devs design strong female lead is to make them look and act like men as if being woman is a weakness so they make them look like men to look strong.....meanwhile in asian culture beautify is power.

In most Japanese games and anime, strong female characters look beautiful and they have no shame in their sexuality.
They hate neither femininity or masculinity.

What they hate is those traits being applied to where they should.

They want masculine women and effeminate men. They basically want to invert the wheel in order to validate their beliefs which are all about inversion. As they are men who became women and women who became men, they want entertainment to reflect that and have male looking characters acting female and female looking characters acting male.

They really DO want to see themselves.

protonion

Genetic scientists' top priority right now should be finding the DNA configuration that results in Tifas.

Truly the hottest woman ever.

Kumomeme

it is amusing that people behaving like some caveman discovered fire over something that should be already common stuff everywhere

this is show the changing of entertaiment landscape in past few years end up leaving the audiences in 'thirst' over something that should be norm.

this and Stellar Blade reception is good example. well atleast so far we see asians developers doesnt follow the western movement YET and i hope it keep that way. this level of receptions might be what they need for that to happen.

in the end things are simple. no need to complicated things with unnecessary sentiment or political propaganda. gaming is part of reality escape for real life stress relief. all it need is 'soul' poured over it by developers. it is no need pour something that born out of inferiority feeling just for something that constantly reeks of validations.

Last edited:

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Cater to your fanbase (straight white male) and you will reap the rewards. Pretty simple. Game is going to sell gangbusters.
Let’s stop with this backward take please. A big chunk of the FF fan base is actually made of women. There’s one fact and applies to all: beauty sells to anyone regardless of sex, gender or sexuality. Also Cloud, Barret and co. are “hot” and I’m pretty sure no straight man would like to play consciously or not with an unattractive man in a game, right? Most male protagonists are after all good looking men (Geralt, Nathan, Snake ecc). Same expectations come from female players and the rest of the community — except the one at RE that is. Beauty sells to everyone. And thanks god!

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
It wouldn't surprise me if the PS Studios OT is the only thread where you can talk positively about this game in Era, like Stellar Blade.
Maybe not because FF is much bigger, but the bitching would get annoying very fast.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
My issue with how western devs design strong female lead is to make them look and act like men as if being woman is a weakness so they make them look like men to look strong.....meanwhile in asian culture beautify is power.

Western devs lost their trolley when they didn't connect the dots and realize strong female lead meant well written and dynamic character. It's why to this day Classic Lara Croft, Samus Aran, Aya Brea, Tifa Lockhart, Ada Wong, Yorha 2B, Jill Valentine, Jade(DQXI), Bayonetta are as loved as they are.

There is a reason why people want sexy girls that weaponize their beauty and move with finesse, grace and utilize their cunning to outmanuever an otherwise much stronger adversary.

It's like comparing one powerful strike from a mace with 1,000 rapid cuts with a dagger. One capitalizes pure strength in a single strike whereas another is the finesse in speed to acquire the same result in a different way.

Kumomeme

I will go even that far and say that Forspoken would have received slightly better scores from male reviewers, if it would have had a more sexy protagonist and not this clearly woke inspired character.

I am a 42 year old happily married men with 2 children and I am not ashamed to speech the truth.
no need sexy protagonist. but stop make the western pandering is too obvious and stop shoving black character just for sake of propaganda. that character stick out like sore thumb.

Top Bottom