• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Todd Howard says Starfield is already optimized "You might need to upgrade your PC."

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
"We really push the technology."

Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

How about Todd gets his ass upgraded with my foot? I just dont know how Bethesda can get away easily with performance issues and bugs. Every single game. Even steam users who are unforgiving as hell, are rating Fallout 4 in space, highly. Its not a bad game but I just cant ignore its issues. I've only played 4 hours but no way this game deservers anything higher than 7.5 unless somehow the story is insane.

Montauk

The game isn't exactly ugly, but it also isn't nearly enough of a looker to justify the fact that you need a 4070 to hit 60 fps at 1080p with high settings.

Yeah, because the only thing the game is doing is rendering the graphics. There’s definitely nothing else going on that it needs processing power for.

Duchess

The game was actually running at a locked 60fps, 1440p on PS5 before the cancellation.

(some parts of that sentence may not be factually correct)

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
The drops for me seem to be in the more character populated areas. I wonder if it has more to do with the game keeping up with simulation aspect of the characters and then updating all the characterobjects in the area?
They can hide most of that in the load screens but not when the actual characters are in the area it has to be updated almost per-frame for each.

Just a guess. 🤷‍♂️

Elysium44

Banned
Speaking of which, where the hell is Alex's digital foundry PC analysis for this game?

Good question. I remember they were critical of the PC port of TLOU part 1. The difference with that game is at least the developers quickly came out and apologised for the poor performance, and have made big strides to fix it (it still isn't perfect but it's a lot better). But Bethesda are saying it's fine, just upgrade your PC 🤔 🤡

mansoor1980

Gold Member
surprised he didnt say "upgrade your PC with AMD hardware"

see that 7800x3d/7900xtx ? you can buy it

Last edited:

Cimarron

No it is not. I have an absolute beast of a build. When SF runs it runs well! But it frequently crashes are freezes when the game saves or goes into different zones. I am running it on a 4090. It seems a lot of team green players are having issues. My CPU is a I9-10 series.

Last edited:

GHG

Good question. I remember they were critical of the PC port of TLOU part 1. The difference with that game is at least the developers quickly came out and apologised for the poor performance, and have made big strides to fix it (it still isn't perfect but it's a lot better). But Bethesda are saying it's fine, just upgrade your PC 🤔 🤡

It's strange because he's usually so quick with it, if not on YouTube then at least on Twitter with a couple of statements here and there.

Even with the early exclusive access they got they are still dragging their feet on this one. I wonder why.

Top Bottom