• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider - New Info and More Coming - 100,000 Facebook Likes For A Teaser

Salaadin

Did Underworld also have that awesome CGI trailer? I dont think it was Square Enix at the time but I still remember it being awesome.

StrayB

DieH@rd said:
Becouse good CGI trailers happen only 2-3 times per year, usually only when they are made by Blur Studios, Square-Enix CGI division and Blizzard.
Let's not forget Digic.

Salaadin said:
Did Underworld also have that awesome CGI trailer? I dont think it was Square Enix at the time but I still remember it being awesome.

Blur did a teaser for TRU post E3 2008:
http://vz2.blur.com/work/detail/tombraider#movies/1

TripOpt55

Sweet. Can't wait to see the trailer next week. And then some kind of demo I assume at E3!!!

Also, you guys were killing me with the reposts of that image.

Oh...is SE doing the CGI?! If so then I am pretty interested in seeing this...

I am interested to see how this game pans out...may be the first tomb raider game I actually buy...played a demo of the first game about 15 years + ago and have never bothered with the series much since

1stStrike

Banned
This is looking to be the first Tomb Raider game I've ever been interested in. Depending on how things look down the road I may just pick it up.

Cerberus

The CG is going to be amazing, but I'm looking forward to hearing the music in the trailer too. I liked the song that was released a few months ago.

UrbanRats

bigboss370 said:
i wonder if the traversing will be like assassin's creed where anything that stick out you can climb
Don't think so, but you can adjust your grappling mid-air, similar to AC, AFAIK.

derFeef

SolidSnakex said:
I clicked that thinking that it shouldn't be too long until we get the teaser...and then I saw how many likes they have right now. :/
How many? I don't have a fb account.

Cerberus

SolidSnakex said:
I clicked that thinking that it shouldn't be too long until we get the teaser...and then I saw the number of likes that they have right now. :/

:lol

I set my expectations low and I'm still saddened by the number of likes. :(

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
samus_bleeding_edit.jpg

cakefoo

Facebook promos are essentially advertisements asking you to advertise for their product so they have more reach when they advertise their trailer.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
FTH said:
lol 8,000 likes

Disney doesn't even get 100,000 likes, and they made Lion King. They need to remove a 0
Battlefield made it over a million finally, so they want 1/10th of that.

I don't think they'll get it before we hit GTTV's episode though. :lol

X-Frame

SolidSnakex said:
What was the first gaming company to do a "Like our Facebook account and we'll give you media" campaign?

Not sure who the first was, but BioWare for DA2 was the first I was aware of.

Nizz

FTH said:
lol 8,000 likes

Disney doesn't even get 100,000 likes, and they made Lion King. They need to remove a 0
Ouch. I'm not digging this trend of "get whatever # likes, see trailer".

SolidSnakex said:
What was the first gaming company to do a "Like our Facebook account and we'll give you media" campaign?
I'd like to know too. I want to assume it started this year?

daffy

Banned
Nirolak said:
Battlefield made it over a million finally, so they want 1/10th of that.

I don't think they'll get it before we hit GTTV's episode though. :lol
Yeah, and in a week, there is just no way! They could've given us a break and made it the Lara Croft page :p

Irish

Why do we always 'rebel' against facebook campaigns? I swear, people spend more time writing up posts to complain about them than it would take to create a gaming related profile and 'like' the campaign page If you do that, you'll also be able to like future pages in about a second's time.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
SolidSnakex said:
Diablo 3 I think.

Then Insomniac.

Then Battlefield.

Now Tomb Raider.

I could be missing some pre-Diablo 3 though.

Cerberus

I remember EA telling people to get the launch trailer for NFS: Hot Pursuit to 1 million views on YouTube in order to get free DLC. Looked up the video right now and it hasn't reached 1 million yet. :lol

Irish said:
Why do we always 'rebel' against facebook campaigns? I swear, people spend more time writing up posts to complain about them than it would take to create a gaming related profile and 'like' the campaign page If you do that, you'll also be able to like future pages in about a second's time.

Because the marketing trick is for 5-year old twat who blindly clicks any shit on the Internet. It's dev making people behave like mindless zombies clicking the "Like" button.

daffy

Banned
jbttwin said:
Yeah doesn't that page have close to 90k or something ?

lmao this isn't happening.
Yep about 80k, much closer and that page has been there forever.

Irish said:
Well, I never said I didn't "like" it or anything. That doesn't make it right Irish!! Especially when its as impossible as this.. The teaser is probably 15seconds long

Grisby

So why is there a picture of Samus a few posts up? Something akin to Lara being all banged up?

Yeah, the facebook stuff is kind silly. I bet the whole of the TR forums are getting in on that.

jbttwin

Grisby said:
So why is there a picture of Samus a few posts up? Something akin to Lara being all banged up?

Yeah, the facebook stuff is kind silly. I bet the whole of the TR forums are getting in on that.

LMAO I bet they're going crazy

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Irish said:

Because it's absolutely fucking ridiculous and backwards.

These companies are supposed to be promoting their games with these marketing materials, not doling them out to 'loyal fans' who are willing to do something that benefits the company. It's reversing the relationship. Now the customers have to serve the corporations trying to sell them shit? What the hell?

It's sickening, really. People are "working" simply to be advertised to. It's even worse than exclusive demos, or beta access for pre-ordering.

jbttwin

Zefah said:
Because it's absolutely fucking ridiculous and backwards.

These companies are supposed to be promoting their games with these marketing materials, not doling them out to 'loyal fans' who are willing to do something that benefits the company. It's reversing the relationship. Now the customers have to serve the corporations trying to sell them shit? What the hell?

It's sickening, really. People are "working" simply to be advertised to. It's even worse than exclusive demos, or beta access for pre-ordering.
I can agree with that. When companies do shit like this, it only sounds like promo to me. Not like they're trying to appeal to the fans

Irish said:

I don't have a Facebook account so I don't understand the benefit behind doing this. To me it seems like they would generate a lot more hype and interest in something if they simply posted a video on YouTube. Instead they ask for Likes and it seems like they some times can't even hit the number that they set. So in the end they upset their fanbase.

Top Bottom