• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomorrow, the biggest game of the generation hits its first anniversary

67855e3aad7060f08400edb413460d8c.jpg

Where were you when New Horizons dropped? How is your island? To all salty shitposters, don't even fight it because it would only get sad.

For me, I recently started playing NH pretty much every day since the Mario items launched. My island looks very cool, it's not a masterpiece by any means, but it looks like an actual place that could exist. I'm proud of it. I love everyone of my neighbors and I got the few bad ones to leave so that's cool. I even had some good ones leave because I don't know, it felt like a cool thing to do. Very chill game, amazing soundtrack, I loved the series since the GC one and I can safely say this is the best one yet despite missing a few features.

Well done Ninty. Well done.

91135479_2859342274159253_1718197590840836096_o.0.jpg

May we live forever in quiet beaches with zero worries.

It's a game in the same way Farmville was a game.

Unlike Sony games that are glorified walking simulators, stepdaddy complex manifestos, communist indoctrination instruments made for the absolutely lowest common denominator. Now THOSE are games!

Me? I don't need generations, and the games I play require the activation of more than two brain cells at the same time, unlike this. 😂

Don't flatter yourself son, you don't have much more than two.

Jeeves

My island looks very cool, it's not a masterpiece by any means, but it looks like an actual place that could exist.
Nice, I took the same approach. Kept the landscaping and gardening light because I like the natural look, living among nature instead of exploiting the island. Also kept the shops and villagers spread around so I get to see more of the place while I'm doing errands and stuff.

My tendency with Animal Crossing games is usually to play them religiously for a month or two and then fall off. I did that with this one too...haven't even seen the other seasons! I should check in soon.

Nice, I took the same approach. Kept the landscaping and gardening light because I like the natural look, living among nature instead of exploiting the island. Also kept the shops and villagers spread around so I get to see more of the place while I'm doing errands and stuff.

My tendency with Animal Crossing games is usually to play them religiously for a month or two and then fall off. I did that with this one too...haven't even seen the other seasons! I should check in soon.

My man! I see people online building these highly complex places that are highly impractical. I still have to pave some areas, but I'm very satisfied with how comfy I managed to make everything. And I'm lazy as fuck and I severely lack imagination, thankfully the game makes it really easy to build something cool.

Any quality of life improvements?

Sadly no.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

At least the ones I have are consistently kept active, unlike those who anesthetize their brains with "games" like Animal Crossing.

Such a super meh livery, no hate, just saying
Tsk, the combination of white, purple, hot pink, and light blue is awesome. 😂

JiWGThZ.jpg

All it tells me is we now live in an Idiocracy. We are fucked.

We have known since the release of World of Warcraft.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Unlike Sony games that are glorified walking simulators, stepdaddy complex manifestos, communist indoctrination instruments made for the absolutely lowest common denominator. Now THOSE are games!

Well, I'd take Death Stranding - THE walking simulator over any Nintendo game....far more original.

Mario can suck on my Sackboy!

Last edited:
And yet Fortnite on Switch is only 30fps (with drops).

Good, people have better stuff to play on the Switch anyway.

All it tells me is we now live in an Idiocracy. We are fucked.

63a2b7c902b423a47813ddf15a4a606c.jpg

At least the ones I have are consistently kept active, unlike those who anesthetize their brains with "games" like Animal Crossing.

They must be crazy "active".

Well, I'd take Death Stranding - THE walking simulator over any Nintendo game....far more original.

Mario can suck on my Sackboy!

Momotaru Monogatari or whatever that mobile tier game by Konami was called outsold Death Stranding so hard Hideo Kojima is currently considering a sex change.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
They must be crazy "active".

Enough to recognize a "game" specifically designed to numb the brain like Animal Crossing.

Momotaru Monogatari or whatever that mobile tier game by Konami was called outsold Death Stranding so hard Hideo Kojima is currently considering a sex change.

I always forget that some fanboys prefer to play sales over playing games. 😂

Wunray

Captain America Laughing GIF by mtv

Dream-Knife

Banned
Switch is Gen 9 so yeah it is this generation.

putting the Switch in gen 8 makes no sense as the 3DS and the Wii U are gen 8
There's no rule that you can only have one console per generation. Switch released during the 8th gen, before the Xbox One X, and has the power of a 7th generation console (which handheld typically have last gen console performance).

However, generations mean nothing anymore. Nintendo is doing their own thing, and Xbox/PS get a spec and hardware boost but are ultimately the same thing.

Top Bottom