• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomorrow, the biggest game of the generation hits its first anniversary

cormack12

Gold Member
* "Want to craft lots of itens at the same time? Fuck you. Only one item every time"

It's so much fun when you just want to break some rocks / cut down some trees but then your tools break.

This is a real quality of life issue for me too. However the other stuff is a playstyle thing. The amount of times I see people break an axe then run back to their house miles away is ridiculous. Either create tool shacks, carry a bench in your inventory, carry an extra tool or have benches in various places.

This is a real quality of life issue for me too. However the other stuff is a playstyle thing. The amount of times I see people break an axe then run back to their house miles away is ridiculous. Either create tool shacks, carry a bench in your inventory, carry an extra tool or have benches in various places.

This so much. Like any game, Animal Crossing punishes you for being a shit player. If you only have a single DIY workbench on your island then you just need to git gud.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I'm a Nintendo fan and I don't miss nothing I won't want to.
Yeah, imagine thinking a Nintendo fan is someone who never plays games on other platforms, ever.

Nope, you’re totally committed to the Nintendo console you consciously decided to buy, lest Nintendo’s ninjas come to your house and do to you what Nintendo ninjas do.

I don't get the appeal honestly. It looks so boring and I don't even understand what the gameplay loop is.

It's all about cosmetics right? And that's it? Crappy furniture for your house and stuff. Who gives a crap about that?

Average graphics, less than state of the art connectivity features, UI, user experience, etc. What does it have going for it except the brand name?

I don't get the appeal honestly. It looks so boring and I don't even understand what the gameplay loop is.

It's all about cosmetics right? And that's it? Crappy furniture for your house and stuff. Who gives a crap about that?

Average graphics, less than state of the art connectivity features, UI, user experience, etc. What does it have going for it except the brand name?

Do you feel that way about The Sims too?

bender

What time is it?
Me? I don't need generations, and the games I play require the activation of more than two brain cells at the same time, unlike Animal Crossing. 😂

8l7D2Qf.jpg

If only you could activate those two brain cells when posting.

Last edited:

Codes 208

I know a lot of people (family included) that still play this game religiously. It really is like the sims for casual players.

As for the technicalities: switch is definitely eighth gen. It’s essentially Nintendo’s relaunch into the generation after the Wii U failed. But generations in general is a moot argument when it comes to Nintendo as they just kinda exist in their own bubble.

Top Bottom