• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgender women in rugby union: Stonewall criticises World Rugby decision

Kev Kev

They should form their own lgbt league. That would be fine. But I do wonder who would watch that?
pQFLghd.png

#Phonepunk#

Banned
As an American rugby always seemed like a particularly brutal sport. I mean we have football but there is tons of padding for that.

Soodanim

Ailynn is a great example of someone whos proudly trans but doesnt throw it in everyones face or play the victim. there is definitely something to be said about people who hate other people for the choices they make in life (such as transitioning to a different gender) im not doubting that! but theres always a minoritty of ass holes. its been like that since the dawn of time..
This my not be the most important point in the thread, but in the never ending discussion on GAF it’s certainly the most important point there. Most trans people just want to live their life. A few pushy outspoken shitheads don’t represent everyone, even if it seems like it when they’re the loudest.

mcjmetroid

I'm confused? Is it men who have transitioned into women or the other way around?

Transgender women is men who have transitioned into women right?

eot

Banned
I'm guessing it's because they identify as women so they want to play in the womens league. Not giving them the right to play in womens leagues makes them feel like, well... not women.

Thats probably the whole crux of it. They want to feel included.

I do agree with the Rugby league in this case. The male body has obvious advantages and it would be extremely unfair towards the biological women.

Sucks for trans women but life is though for everyone.
Well tough shit. They weren't born women and nothing will change that.

IDappa

If they were to create a new league would it not just be classed as a mixed sex league?, weird to me people saying it would be called a trans league.

notseqi

If they were to create a new league would it not just be classed as a mixed sex league?, weird to me people saying it would be called a trans league.
That would be a lot better as you don't really get any gender mixing at older ages, neutral and succinct.
Thing is that it would most definitely have to stay at an amateur level - any team trying to move up in a physical sport will consist of men.

How is this even open for debate? And in a contact sport, no less. Pretty soon you will see Hulk look-alikes with a wig stomping over the contorted bodies of biological -aka real- women.

tenor.gif

IDappa

That would be a lot better as you don't really get any gender mixing at older ages, neutral and succinct.
Thing is that it would most definitely have to stay at an amateur level - any team trying to move up in a physical sport will consist of men.
Thing is mixed leagues already do exist although only at a amateur level which as you said starts to change the more the skill and physicality goes up..

What makes this while transgender push even weirder is that men's Sports won't be affected at all but woman's sports will be butchered as more codes of sport allow this sort of thing. It'll end up being men's Sports with blokes running about as per usual and then woman sports with blokes with wigs and bolt ons running around. Such a strange reality if it ever comes about.

notseqi

Thing is mixed leagues already do exist although only at a amateur level which as you said starts to change the more the skill and physicality goes up..

What makes this while transgender push even weirder is that men's Sports won't be affected at all but woman's sports will be butchered as more codes of sport allow this sort of thing. It'll end up being men's Sports with blokes running about as per usual and then woman sports with blokes with wigs and bolt ons running around. Such a strange reality if it ever comes about.
Had to smile at 'bolt ons'. Maybe do some BoP (Balance of Performance) like in motorsport, air restriction, ballast weight or aerodynamics are also adjustable for humans.
All sports done with a mask to mimic a womans air intake and smaller lung capacity.
If you want to run the 100m you will be carrying a handbag with a bowling ball in it.
Long jump only with a kite attached to your waist.

The mindset to win in sports is connected to narcissism, especially in non-team sports. Anybody using their 'unnatural' advantage is acting peak unsportsmanlike. There were a lot of women being too good natured (or not on a career-torpedoing course) with grim expressions when that weightlifter took their hard work and shit on it. Kudos to those that do stand up against this buffoonery.

Top Bottom