• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trolls Make Fake Listings On Amazon France

FranXico

Internet trolling reaches new lows, as a group of console warriors posts fake "placeholder" listings of Playstation and Nintendo games on Amazon France.

Edit: Looks like it technically wasn't a hack.
I don't believe it is hack... if you get in the 3rd-party seller program in Amazon you can create any entry you want.
So you legit create product pages entries... that doesn't mean what you are selling is real lol

It is more like scam?

We have like a dozen of these threads caused by this incident. Let's just post here all the fake listings, please.

Edit 2: Thanks for the title correction, Mod of War Mod of War .

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I don't believe it is hack... if you get in the 3rd-party seller program in Amazon you can create any entry you want.
So you legit create product pages entries... that doesn't mean what you are selling is real lol

It is more like scam?

Last edited:
This is a weird-ass scenario, but I'm not quite sure why folks are trying to turn it into console-warrior bait. I've yet to see a Playstation or Xbox thread on this forum that doesn't start as or devolve into console warrior nonsense.

Last edited:

FranXico

It is more like scam?
Wow. Enlisting as a third-party seller in Amazon just for this crap?

HarryKS

When you think about trolling, you really have to wonder if the game is worth it.
The amount of time and effort that goes into it is not worth it for the end result.
Those people could be picking up a book or playing a game instead and this is what they choose to do.

And it's likely they won't see the fruits of their labour? That's degeneracy right there. Except they're too thick to realize it.

Or maybe I'm dumb and they're making money off of it.

Neo Blaster

Discord gang right now:

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

villain-laughing-gif-8.gif

tumblr_n0v3kyNuJz1s2wio8o1_400.gif

lol haha. just saw that.

i find their denial a bit of a non denial.

"We have not made any announcements to bring these games to PC."

almost reads like not yet.
That's actually my issue with their response.

It doesn't say it was a hacking. It says it was an error. Big difference. Why would they not say "this was an external hacking" and not an "error".

GHG

That's actually my issue with their response.

It doesn't say it was a hacking. It says it was an error. Big difference. Why would they not say "this was an external hacking" and not an "error".

It would be a bit much to accuse someone else of hacking without any evidence.

kiphalfton

I REALLY hate that third party sellers can make their own listings on Amazon. Reason being there is like 5 listings for any one game. Such a huge PITA when looking for anything.

Fake

Was OK until Mario Odissey appears on the list and became too obvious the troll lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom