• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump AZ rally: dishonest media, gov't shutdown if no wall, hints at Arpaio pardon

ZeoVGM

Banned
Honestly, I think it's time for large protests to start appearing directly outside of the White House, demanding his resignation.

Media

So guys...I might be being paranoid here but...

I think the POTUS wants to kill me.

cz2GHOe.gif

Maybe I should get a lovely tinfoil hat or something and start ranting in a bunker on YouTube.

Laieon

Honestly, I think it's time for large protests to start appearing directly outside of the White House, demanding his resignation.

As an American living in Korea who witnessed Park's impeachment last winter/earlier this year, the biggest problem I see with this is that it needs to be continuous. It can't just be one large protest for one weekend, it needs to be weekend after weekend after weekend and it needs to grow week after week. You have a large protest, alright, that's news for a weekend. Everyone is going to forget about 2 weeks later. How many Americans are willing to travel to DC and stay there for awhile?

I think the "easiest" solution wouldn't be to protest in front of the white house, instead it would be to have marches and protests similar to the Women's March earlier this year (Jesus, that feels like a lifetime ago...) where they happened in multiple cities. Only instead of happening once they need to happen week after week after week and, again, it needs to grow week after week as well.

Nasbin

Trump threatening to kill NAFTA in fucking Arizona of all states is hilarious. Is it 2015? Does he know that he's President now? Somewhere Gary Cohn is cradling a revolver in between rounds of whiskey.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, he probably wouldn't have invited the Nazis, the Russians or flippantly threatened war over twitter. Cruz is total scum, he's not a traitor to his country from what I can tell.

The news should just stop covering his speeches then. Instead, they should just cover mueller, and the russia stores. They should cover protests, and anti trump rallies. Don't give this psychopath the platform.

I'm with you on that. Trump is still being presented as a joke which is a mistake.

”I hit 'em with neo-Nazi, I hit 'em with everything," he said. ”I got the white supremacist, I got the neo-Nazi, I got 'em all in there, let's see. KKK? We have KKK. I got 'em all."

.... he's literally saying to the public, in a rally on a mic, that he did it just for show.

Wow.

Not sure if posted yet, but it looks like there were more protesters than attendees 😂

https://twitter.com/davecatanese/status/900197010996772864

I was in that room for the Bernie rally before the election, that vid is deceiving, its a very large room.

I was also outside tonight, there was many more protesters than attendees to that disaster. I'd guess a couple thousand at least, which is pretty admirable for Phoenix on a Tuesday.

Too bad the police sided with the trumpists (trumpets?) in the end.

L Thammy

Not sure if posted yet, but it looks like there were more protesters than attendees ��

https://twitter.com/davecatanese/status/900197010996772864

The concern I have with things like this is that people who don't have the guts to stand up in public and admit that they support Neo-Nazis and Neo-Confederates don't have to do so in order to vote for one.

Meanwhile, I don't think anyone's going to be embarrassed to be at this protest.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Has anyone done a count of Trump's unarguable lies? Even if you removed repeat lies about a single subject it could still be hundreds.

Also I wonder if you could quantity the number of incidents he's had that would have ended any other candidacy or presidency? It could literally be hundreds.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Never in the history of watching American news have I seen a news broadcast cut off a major speech by your president. But MSNBC essentially did that during their broadcast of the rally speech and straight up called Trump a liar multiple times live during the speech. This is one for the history, you guys.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VMxjPRwxSU8

The concern I have with things like this is that people who don't have the guts to stand up in public and admit that they support Neo-Nazis and Neo-Confederates don't have to do so in order to vote for one.

Meanwhile, I don't think anyone's going to be embarrassed to be at this protest.

One thing though is that during the election Trump had no problem pulling in huge crowds. It was one thing he was most proud of. Even with all his scandals throughout that election he could consistently pull in huge crowds. So, while there was always talk about a "silent majority", he could always bring in bigger crowds than Hillary. The fact that he struggled to pull that off in a red state could be a good sign. As much as some hate polling, it has been shown that his support has been slipping. Not at the rate that some would hope, but it's not as rock solid as some thought it may be.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I don't want to cast blame but at this point but I wish people would stop giving the cops an excuse. They should be treated as an easily provoked threat at all times.

The cops in Seattle handled a crazier situation waaaay better last week. Phoenix cops were in full "give us some of those surplus tanks and Tactical fat guy stuff" mode.

Ozigizo

Amazing that some people's dignity can be bought for so cheap.. you couldn't pay me enough to be seen supporting the orange snowflake..

It appears to be a Craigslist ad that got flagged down in 30 minutes, asking for minorities to hold pro-trump signs. Nobody seems to know if it was real or not.

Never in the history of watching American news have I seen a news broadcast cut off a major speech by your president. But MSNBC essentially did that during their broadcast of the rally speech and straight up called Trump a liar multiple times live during the speech. This is one for the history, you guys.

The best part is "on many sides...on many sides" ... "he said it twice".

Fucking idiots.

UberTag

They need to just start MST3King this yahoo anytime he addresses the public.
Just fact-check him as each lie spills out of his gullet.

Have a little counter on the bottom of the screen to count any blatant lie similar to the body count graphic in Hot Shots: Part Deux.

hot_shots_body_count1.jpg

Haven't watched the speech yet, this is the one where he becomes presidential right?

Apparently his fans and the GOP think 'presidential' means 'infantile dribblings'. And that THAT is patriotism. Holy Christ the man loves himself, not America. This isn't patriotism, it's banal, delusional, self-serving garbage that is wounding the US in so many ways, his fans included.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
No that was Monday night's Afghanistan speech, tonight is when he makes those people feel stupid for even thinking such nonsense.

Oh I missed that. Too bad, that cycle never gets old.

I also get the feeling that Lawrence at MSNBC doesn't like Trump very much.

Yo have you guys seen this stuff about the 'Blacks for Trump' dude that appears in the background audience during the rally?

https://www.vox.com/identities/2016/11/1/13449340/blacks-for-trump-conspiracy-bad

sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but didn't see anything

EDIT: Michael Symonette is his name. He has a crazy fuckin website and is basically used as "hey look we have a black guy!" on camera today.

Choice quote by the guy:

"Remember that black guy who shut down four whole states with a sniper gun? Think of what black Navy SEALs can do. They don't have to wear camouflage. You can't see them."

Top Bottom