• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump AZ rally: dishonest media, gov't shutdown if no wall, hints at Arpaio pardon

bigred50

cameron

ktTEOBA.png

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/900319277697425411

WaPo: As Trump ranted and rambled in Phoenix, his crowd slowly thinned
But as the night dragged on, many in the crowd lost interest in what the president was saying.

Hundreds left early, while others plopped down on the ground, scrolled through their social media feeds or started up a conversation with their neighbors. After waiting for hours in 107-degree heat to get into the rally hall — where their water bottles were confiscated by security — people were tired and dehydrated and the president just wasn't keeping their attention. Although Trump has long been the master of reading the mood of a room and quickly adjusting his message to satisfy as many of his fans as possible, his rage seemed to cloud his senses.

I pray for the day Donnie's doing his idiot rally and he looks out and there's nobody there.

Then the lights go out.

Then the wolves begin to howl.

Woke up this morning and saw that he may shut down the government to get his own way...

That sounds tyrannical.

Why can he even do that?

And besides... Why is he holding rallies instead of doing his damn job?

kess

Watch him blame the GOP for his crowds winnowing away. He cannot be wrong. The only way to get them back is to get their attention. SHUT DOWN BABY

Apdiddy

Usually when I hear the statement "they're trying to take away our culture, they're trying to take away our history," that's usually said by white supremacists, not by a President.

Trump needs to go under oath to say he is not a white supremacist or a neo-Nazi. So far, everything he has said and done makes him look like one.

Usually when I hear the statement "they're trying to take away our culture, they're trying to take away our history," that's usually said by white supremacists, not by a President.

Trump needs to go under oath to say he is not a white supremacist or a neo-Nazi. So far, everything he has said and done makes him look like one.

His father was a KKK member. That should say everything about Trump.

Remember when we were making fun of Don Lemon for talking about pot during the Ferguson protests

Now dude just headbutts Trump as soon as any of his rallies end

NewFresh

The part where he dismisses how a journalist wanted to talk about Charlottesville instead of continuing to discuss his Afghanistan "plan" really bothered me. He made a face like we're still talking about that?

Yes. A domestic act of terror deserves media attention. How dare we not lavish him with praise! Instead we focus on how someone died and he gave credence to her murderers philosophy.

The part where he dismisses how a journalist wanted to talk about Charlottesville instead of continuing to discuss his Afghanistan "plan" really bothered me. He made a face like we're still talking about that?

Yes. A domestic act of terror deserves media attention. How dare we not lavish him with praise! Instead we focus on how someone died and he gave credence to her murderers philosophy.

Orange bastard is a disgusting piece of trash and should have not even gotten close to winning, but here we are. But it looks like Trump is starting to lose his grip on his base as well as his sanity. Like he ever had that in the first place.....

Amalthea

Banned
Trumps idea of unification is that he keeps hating certain people but wishes that they were forced to like him.

No wonder, he's a sexual predator after all.

Kusagari

It was obvious for the last 30-40 minutes that the crowd had lost all interest and were getting bored. He just kept repeating the same shit over and over.

The crowd was there for the sole purpose of checking into to a Trump rally on Facebook, with a couple crowd selfies for added effect.

They, like Trump, are only interested in appearances and are simply performing for their audience, which in their case are pro-Trump friends and family members.

Trump's message or causes? They don't know themselves. All they know is that being for Trump means you hate Muslims, Black Lives Matters and Liberals. That is the totality of their morality. They are attention whores. Nothing more.

Once they took their selfies and did their FB check-ins, they realized it was hot out, they had stuff to do at home and Trump had nothing to say. So they left early.

rjinaz

It was obvious for the last 30-40 minutes that the crowd had lost all interest and were getting bored. He just kept repeating the same shit over and over.

I'm surprised that didn't actually help hold their interest. These seem like the kind of folks that need things repeated a few times before they understand what is being said.

Bluenoser

It would be so great if the media would refuse to cover these things. It would piss Trump off so much, because that's all he wants is to get attention. But the media hasn't gotten to the tipping point where they will sacrifice ratings for the greater good... but they will get there before this presidency ends.

rjinaz

It would be so great if the media would refuse to cover these things. It would piss Trump off so much, because that's all he wants is to get attention. But the media hasn't gotten to the tipping point where they will sacrifice ratings for the greater good... but they will get there before this presidency ends.

Yeah Trump is already claiming the press doesn't cover his events anyway. Might as well fulfill that prophecy.

It's a lose-lose situation. If they don't cover it, it fuels his lies and accusations of unfair coverage and strengthens his base; if they do cover it, they're giving more exposure to his lies and hate. I think the best solution is like in that MSNBC link posted earlier. Show the rally but have correspondents adding commentary and calling out lies.

This nonsense is getting more tiresome by the day. We as a people really need to start marching in every city on the weekends. This shit can't keep going on.

UberTag

Why didn't they have a beach ball to toss around?
That's what wrestling fans do when they're board and presented with the same shit over and over.

ZeoVGM

Banned

That isn't how the world works. He's the president. The people need to see who their president is.

Part of the reason his popularity rating keep plummeting is because the media is covering the things he says and does. It can't simply be ignored. The public needs to see their president openly not giving a fuck about a domestic terror attack.

Kusagari

Why didn't they have a beach ball to toss around?
That's what wrestling fans do when they're board and presented with the same shit over and over.

I expect it soon enough. They were chanting Cena sucks at one point.

It was actually CNN sucks, but it damn sure sounded like Cena.

UberTag

I expect it soon enough. They were chanting Cena sucks at one point.

It was actually CNN sucks, but it damn sure sounded like Cena.
You know they're saying CNN sucks and not Cena sucks because it's not accompanied by a "Let's Go CNN" chant.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Maybe his supporters start to wonder as well what the fuck the point of these rallies is

How many rallies has he done since January? You can't expect people to be interested in those monthly/bi-monthly rallies for the next 4 years. Sooner or later, many people will stop showing up.

Alebrije

Trump on Nafta :

"Personally, I don't think we can make a deal because we have been so badly taken advantage of," Trump said during a rally in Arizona on Tuesday night. "I think we'll end up probably terminating NAFTA at some point."

Meanwhile his team is negotiating with Mexico and Canada. Hope he really goes out since that will kill more jobs than generate new ones, specially on border states like Texas and Arizona.

Do you really think being under oath would mean anything to Trump?

Top Bottom