• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians - sources

mclem

To be expected.

TBH, I'm convinced Trump supporters are so blind in their support for Trump that he could literally come on TV, and say he stole the election with Russia's help, and they would STILL find a way to defend him.

"That just shows the quality of the deals he can secure!"

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
The people contributing to the fatalism "this will never stick/his supporters will never care" are not innocent in this.

They're re-running a primitive logic on their brain that they learned on election day over and over again, and it's wrong and not helpful.

Yeah Trumps support is waning fast. Remember that boomers lived during the Cold War and aren't too fond of Communism.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Cover of Time Magazine.

DAGu3k2UMAM8ivd

This kind of stuff will destroy Trumps ratings.

This:
The people who described the contacts to Reuters said they had seen no evidence of wrongdoing or collusion between the campaign and Russia in the communications reviewed so far. But the disclosure could increase the pressure on Trump and his aides to provide the FBI and Congress with a full account of interactions with Russian officials and others with links to the Kremlin during and immediately after the 2016 election.

Makes me think this is another story thats framed to sound like "we finally got him" but it's actually nothing and actually normal business for an administration that's typically not disclosed to the public. I guess they know what gets hits and sells papers right now. Expect to see these stories multiple times a day until something actually happens, they want to milk this thing for all it's worth.

This:

Makes me think this is another story thats framed to sound like "we finally got him" but it's actually nothing and actually normal business for an administration that's typically not disclosed to the public. I guess they know what gets hits and sells papers right now. Expect to see these stories multiple times a day until something actually happens, they want to milk this thing for all it's worth.

Campaign, not Administration.

Also, context is important. It's not simply that there was contact with Russian officials. That's not in a vacuum.

Also, context is important. It's not simply that there was contact with Russian officials. That's not in a vacuum.

I'm not disputing the overall issue, just this story. Notice I said when something happens. It will eventually all come to light but until it does we are going to see these kinds of stories constantly as the news outlets vie for attention.

commedieu

Banned

Yep. The dumb spin is already set in motion. It's their strategy. Totally ignore context, focus on technicalities, regurgitate until next tweet. / repeat.

Jakoo

as much as I would love to see P.K. Subban hoist the Stanley Cup,
this video of these Trump supporters in Nashville makes me reconsider my wish to see the Preds win.

For what it's worth, Nashville is a pretty damn liberal oasis in TN. I live 2 miles from that stadium and transgender pride flags fly in my neighborhood.

The rest of the state is very Republican but Nashville itself has liberal representatives and is very diverse.

I'm not disputing the overall issue, just this story. Notice I said when something happens. It will eventually all come to light but until it does we are going to see these kinds of stories constantly as the news outlets vie for attention.

Don't blame the news. The attention comes with the investigative reporting.

This:

There is nothing to these stories, except Trump and co denied it all first. And it happened while the hacks were happening. And people already got fired over these kind of meetings. And there are a ton more suspicious activities.

This is not milking the story. This is providing additional details about an investigation into possibly one of the largest acts of treason ever.

There is nothing to these stories, except Trump and co denied it all first. And it happened while the hacks were happening. And people already got fired over these kind of meetings. And there are a ton more suspicious activities.

This is not milking the story. This is providing additional details about an investigation into possibly one of the largest acts of treason ever.

I agree that there is plenty of reason to believe that the Trump administration acted improperly but none of it comes close to treason. Well except for Flynn's relationship with Turkey, which is probably why he's begging for a deal.

I agree that there is plenty of reason to believe that the Trump administration acted improperly but none of it comes close to treason. Well except for Flynn's relationship with Turkey, which is probably why he's begging for a deal.
I don't know another word for working with a foreign government to get yourself elected.

Do people really think we would get a 5 am, yea they all committed treason article? Even if it's true, you can't just leak that. And I imagine the FBI is very compartmentalized for this reason so only higher up people know most of the story.

I'm sure this story will evolve over the coming weeks and months to edge closer and closer to collusion. And even in the unlikely case this was all above the board, you have all the financial crimes that are extremely likely to have been committed by trump et al

SaviourMK2

I remember when the most scandalous thing Obama did was wear that god awful tan suit

"Trump voters in Nashville say they need to see the facts about Russia before they can form an opinion and they don't trust the media to deliver the truth."

How the fuck are they supposed to see the facts if they won't listen to the people they don't trust?

Zolo

"Trump voters in Nashville say they need to see the facts about Russia before they can form an opinion and they don't trust the media to deliver the truth."

How the fuck are they supposed to see the facts if they won't listen to the people they don't trust?

Hopefully this is where the special counsel investigation comes in.

SaviourMK2

Hopefully this is where the special counsel investigation comes in.

Maybe, but I don't plan to bet money on them excepting the results it it turns to be Democrats where right about Trump. Call it a safe bet they won't support the findings.

Chumly

I remember when the most scandalous thing Obama did was wear that god awful tan suit

Those people are beyond saving. Some people will only admit it if they see video evidence of Donald trump openingly discuss collusion and quid pro quo. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

It doesn't take more than half a brain to figure out that 18 phone calls before the election discussing removing sanctions and other "harmless" things that would benefit Russia and then Russia magically hacking the Clinton campaign is pretty fucking suspicious

KingV

In your view, what's Treason?

Trying to set up a back channel to avoid national security apparatus to have a plan to erase sanctions?
Collaborating with a foreign government to hack an election opponent and use their propaganda apparatus in your campaign?
Giving the foreign government secrets?

Like what high bar exactly needs to be passed to be called treason?

Amir0x

Banned
Every day. Like without fail now. This is the most scandal ridden first four months of any presidency in our countries history, bar none.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The people who described the contacts to Reuters said they had seen no evidence of wrongdoing or collusion between the campaign and Russia in the communications reviewed so far.

This is disappointing but what I expected. its going to be very difficult to tie this to trump... at least when it comes to getting him impeached or arrested.

Top Bottom