• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump pardons former AZ Sheriff Arpaio [convicted of violating civil rights laws]

pompidu

Honestly the conflict of interest in the administration is fucking mind blowing.
The fact that he broke the law so blatantly and all he had to do was suck up to Trump to get pardoned is fucking enraging.
The fact that Trump doesn't understand that pardoning is not a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" tool makes me even more concerned.
Fucking hell man.

America is corrupt as hell, we just do a better job of hiding it then most countries.

Trump said fuck the judicial branch and the rule of law. Oh, and fuck Latinos too, as he clearly thinks its ok to profile them.

The facade and delicate window dressing encapsulating the public re: the rule of law is slowly eroding.

This was a huge deal to Trump. It has it all- disrespect of the rule of law, his twisted mafia interpretation of loyalty and a boost to his bigotry bonafides. These are the kinds of moves he can make, since doing anything else requires working 'deals' with others, and he can't make deals worth two shits.

I don't know if I'm getting the full context about why he's bringing up those pardons from Clinton and Obama but it almost reads like "if they pardoned people i hated why can't I pardon someone you hate?"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oooooooh, I called it!

two days ago...

Me said:
People saying Trump did this around the hurricane so people wouldn't notice...

My opinion is Trump did it so people would notice because the hurricane was stealing all his attention.

FyreWulff

the fact that he did it because the hurricane was going to take attention away from him and that he's still thinking of his presidency as ratings episodes MAKES IT EVEN WORSE

Afrodium

Banned

It's important when reading this to remember that Trump lies constantly and while this could be the truth and he wanted everyone to be talking about him instead of the hurricane, it's just as likely that he's mad at the fake news media for claiming he was trying to push this through in secret and is now stating that he did it at this time for maximum exposure in an attempt to discredit them.

Overall it's a major issue when the POTUS has eroded all trust in any of his statements and we have no clue when he's actually telling the truth,

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

source (Post)
Addressing the specific timing of his pardon — which seemed to embody a classic “news dump,” coming as the nation focused on the impending storm — the president said he actually imagined the controversial pardon would have attracted even more media attention, because of the Harvey coverage

“Actually in the middle of a hurricane, even though it was a Friday evening, I assumed the ratings would be far higher than they would be normally,” he said.

I think he was saying that, because the storm, which would bring in higher ratings, would bring in more attention to the Joe coverage.
WHICH IS SUCH A FUCKED UP THING TO THINK ABOUT TO BEGIN WITH.

But he knew what he was doing. he's talking so much bull, he fucking knew that the storm coverage would bury the pardon. fuck this asshole.

Top Bottom