• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

Firestorm

Woah, already got my LO points!
Ok got perfect crime, never again do I want to play HR or anything like it.

edit - BCR is pretty frustrating to play, mostly because of the goddawful 360 dpad
I thoroughly enjoyed Heavy Rain but that's because it's a game that revolves around putting you in the drivers choice for decisions you make in the story. Most of the fun for me was being able to discuss with my friends about what happened in the story. How their experiences differed from mine and what actions they made that I didn't.

If you go for Perfect Crime, you're removing that aspect as all the choices you make have to be done to get that ending. It destroys the purpose of the game and you're not going to have fun with it really...

tsilon needs to work on its challenge design.

RS4-

Damnit, my LO achievement is on my old GT, I wonder if that'd be ok.

edit -
Oh man, complete disc four of Lost Odyssey is a pretty easy achievement.

Finishing the backyard battles would be a better one, although when I first saw 'Lost Odyssey' on the new challenge list, I was worried it might be the goddamn Treasure Trove achievement.

Lol if it was the TT achievement I'd be annoyed since I'm sure I'm missing one random treasure.

DJ_Lae

Lol if it was the TT achievement I'd be annoyed since I'm sure I'm missing one random treasure.

Same here.

Back when I played that game I remember poking around about my few missing achievements and came across the guide for that treasure one.

No thank you!

mrgone

Oh man, complete disc four of Lost Odyssey is a pretty easy achievement.

Finishing the backyard battles would be a better one, although when I first saw 'Lost Odyssey' on the new challenge list, I was worried it might be the goddamn Treasure Trove achievement.

Seems like a fairly time consuming challenge, though! I'm not sure I want to try to burn through the 30-40 hour main quest in a week, skipping all the side content and such just to get the achievement. Seems like one of those games enjoyed better at a jog than a sprint. It's a great excuse to finally dig it out and play it, but it might be too much all at once for me :)

LeetBM

Neo Member
photo%2B1.jpg

Me & Mister C

Orca

Checked my Gamertag and I finished the first three discs of Lost Odyssey but never finished it out. I wonder how long it would take to figure out how to play again lol

Finished Lost Odyssey a couple of years ago. Also got my Vidmaster challenge approved even though I submitted late.

Good times.

Now to do Street Fighter X Tekken.

Free Vitas for everyone level 300 and over?

haha that's what I thought when I saw the picture. I really wonder how this site will keep up and keep people's interest up. Right now I feel like the site would be a bit discouraging for new members. Challenges are harder and more time consuming than before. What advantage do they have to keep giving the greatest perks to the same people over and over? I am not complaining, I just don't really get it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
haha that's what I thought when I saw the picture. I really wonder how this site will keep up and keep people's interest up. Right now I feel like the site would be a bit discouraging for new members. Challenges are harder and more time consuming than before. What advantage do they have to keep giving the greatest perks to the same people over and over? I am not complaining, I just don't really get it.
Well, they'll be having another free game perk some time this year and those of us who got it the first time won't be eligible.

The new Mobile Monday Challenge is Cogs which is currently free on the iOS App Store. At first I thought it would be a nice easy challenge since you just need to unlock each of the levels in Inventor Mode then I saw you have to buy most of the levels. First 10 levels are free then 4 10-level packs at $0.99 each. Fuck that. Hopefully they'll accept the Steam version since I already have that.

Well, they'll be having another free game perk some time this year and those of us who got it the first time won't be eligible.

The new Mobile Monday Challenge is Cogs which is currently free on the iOS App Store. At first I thought it would be a nice easy challenge since you just need to unlock each of the levels in Inventor Mode then I saw you have to buy most of the levels. First 10 levels are free then 4 10-level packs at $0.99 each. Fuck that. Hopefully they'll accept the Steam version since I already have that.

Yea I thought about that, but for a new user to know about it, he would need to dig up in the Tsilon's forum and find a page and a post that mentions it. It is not like it's advertised anywhere.

Anyway, how are people finding Tsilon? Right now I feel like you hear about it if you are a user of a heavy gaming site like here or that you know where to look for deals (like Red Flag). We know our shit, we know where to look for good prices and deals on video games. We are not, nor are people on sites like Red Flag, the best customer base to blindly buy at Futureshop because all of the perks are there. We usually buy a lot of stuff and we are cheap because it is needed to keep our hobby up. Maybe if the site was more accessible and they would have great perks with a smaller chance to get in, but monthly 10% off to Futureshop or other stores (if Tsilon is not a Futureshop website), buy 1 get the second at 50% and other deals like that, I could see how this could be a good deal for the participating stores. Right now the only thing I can see that would make this viable for anyone is if some rich person just decided to create something cool to give stuff to the same user base who has a lot lot of time to put in video games.

Like there is a guy about to reach level 52 and I think access Area 52... 52... come on! I know the site have been up for a few months now, but if you can reach 52, you must not be playing games for fun anymore, you must have been side tracked in your usual ways and now mainly focus on playing games you do not really want to play. Only a minority of people will do that and maybe keep buying the games just to do those challenges, but it will never be enough people to make this viable.

Sorry, long post. I just find it interesting in a marketing way and I like to extrapolate about it. I heard about sites like that before and they always end up bad. I was wondering if people learn from those websites who end up failing and if there would be any way to really make a place like that work well for both the users and the stores.

The site is at the point where they have to keep current members interested yet make it appealing enough to bring in new members. If they lower the requirements for the perks then newbies will benefit but veterans won't. If they increase it the opposite will happen.

The April perk should give an indication as to where the site is going.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The site is at the point where they have to keep current members interested yet make it appealing enough to bring in new members. If they lower the requirements for the perks then newbies will benefit but veterans won't. If they increase it the opposite will happen.

Agreed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They need to specify what versions of Pac-Man are ok for the retro challenge
The AI is usually very lenient when it comes to those things. I doubt the AI would be that concerned about what specific Pacman version your playing out of the hundreds available out there.

Yea I agree, that's why I think they need interesting perks for the old timers but constant good enough perks that could be available for anyone who is putting some work into the website. As you said, I think April will show what we should expect and be able to tell if they are taking the right or the wrong way.

And yea for the Pacman game I would assume it is like the Tetris challenge, any version should do.

Fuzzy

The AI is usually very lenient when it comes to those things. I doubt the AI would be that concerned about what specific Pacman version your playing out of the hundreds available out there.
I only have Pac-Man CE DX and 60K on that is nothing. I really doubt it'll be accepted.

EGM92

I forgot how hard pacman is, how do I get away from the damn ghosts when they're faster than me?!

My highscore is 17050

From Tsilon about Pacman challenge:
Versions accepted:: Official versions | ports of original Pac Man Arcade build. Xbox Live Arcade release for instance accepted as official port of original Arcade version.

Pac Man Championship Edition not accepted for current retro challenge.

So no online version will work or...?

Sajjaja

This thing is pissing me off....I signed up and I'm doing the access codes. I got Red, Blue and Yellow done. I did Orange, but it says I need to connect to the TF2 server 63.208.142.102:27015 which doesn't work. Says the orange code would be on the chalkboard there.....
rVwow.png

I'm left with violet and green. Green is offline apparently so I can't access that, and violet I don't have the patience/ear for....... this is bullshit mannnnn...

The violet one asks to make the 6 tone mario tune using some sound board....I can't for the life of me get it.... Any help??

Fuzzy

I wonder what they'll be doing for the Canadian VGA at Fan Expo in Vancouver on April 21st. I bet they'll have a presence there.

Sajjaja

They change each of the passwords fairly often, so there's no set password someone can just give you. Grenaid one is usually the hardest to figure out.

Grenaid says "Intrusion Detected: Offline until Amended." Is it supposed to be like that?

I tried Orajin, but the TF2 server for that is offline. I simply cant get Viotone..... Any tips and/or answers?

Top Bottom