• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

Crayolan

atf3l4u.png

LOL

PBalfredo

The amount of O powers we're getting from passersby watching the stream is really putting a new twist on the Twitch Plays Pokemon concept.

Crayolan

We easily rolled over Viola and got our first badge. O-Powers are making it difficult for any of our pokemon to faint, let alone coming anywhere near blacking out.

lolpho

I can't wait for Twitch Plays Pokemon to make a comeback. With the great turnout for the start of X, imagine how much there will be for Omega Ruby. It will legitimately be a new experience for many of us and is essentially a let's play that we play Kreygasm

I'm liking it so far. I've always wanted to replay the game but I don't want to lose my progress (yes, I know about PokeBank). I will eventually buy X only for replays/Nuzlockes/Wedlockes, and keep Y as my main, but right now since I only have one of them I cannot do that

EDIT: Holy crap, we took hours to beat that Brains and Brawl.

Temathael

EDIT: Holy crap, we took hours to beat that Brains and Brawl.
That's pretty much the hardest battle of the game :p

Team is looking nice, need to get rid of the other Hawlucha. Finally we have a ghost type too.

Quilladin is sadly in the pc, but that's what happens to most starters anyway. At least we have Charmeleon! Also, apparently a level 10 Helix holds our Sail Fossil in the PC.

Nice to see a solid amount of viewers (and inputs) after the <1k the stream had during the last 2 runs, thank you 3DS and novelty!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
How is this possible? Is he capturing from a 3DS or is it running on an emulator still?

I thought the 3DS wasn't emulated yet.

How are they putting inputs from an IRC chat into a 3DS? ...How do you capture from a 3DS?

How is this possible? Is he capturing from a 3DS or is it running on an emulator still?

I thought the 3DS wasn't emulated yet.

How are they putting inputs from an IRC chat into a 3DS? ...How do you capture from a 3DS?

Modified 3DS with capturecard.

In other words some rather complicated hardware rig

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Man i laughed so hard at our struggle at just getting lucario on our team. Thats the most I've seen the chat get so pulled against each other.

PBalfredo

It's about the moment of truth. Daycare time. We either deposit the duplicate Hawlucha and make room for the Lapras we need to progress, leaving us with a legitimately awesome team, or the PC intensifies...

edit: apparently we're taking a detour to get the Shadow Claw TM

PBalfredo

I had to clock out for the night before we got to the daycare, but I wake up to find that it amazingly went off without a hitch. Only the duplicate Hawlucha was deposited and we picked up Lapras. It looks like we have our final team and it is quite simply amazing!

hD2bquR.png

source

Not only did we end up with an awesome team, but we managed to get the mega stone on to Charizard, allowing him to mega evolve! It's beautiful

It's funny how disabling evolution canceling barely mattered this gen. The only Pokemon on our team we actually needed to evolve were Charizard and Doublade. Once we get and use a dusk stone (we'll have 2 chances realistically), our team should be fully evolved.

KHlover

Banned
I had to clock out for the night before we got to the daycare, but I wake up to find that it amazingly went off without a hitch. Only the duplicate Hawlucha was deposited and we picked up Lapras. It looks like we have our final team and it is quite simply amazing!

hD2bquR.png

source

Not only did we end up with an awesome team, but we managed to get the mega stone on to Charizard, allowing him to mega evolve! It's beautiful

Absol? You rock, TPP! And so does Absol :p

PBalfredo

Any bets on how long until we screw ourselves by mega evolving Charizard X in the fairy gym?

edit: Replaced Dragon Rage with Flamethrower! Great trade!

Ondore

The ingame pacing in XY is really off-kilter. You go 7-8 hours (standard run) without a badge, then four in a row with one route in between each.

kyo2004

6 Badges on almost 3 days?... :/... even surpases me (4 badges, playing a bit slower Y a couple of days ago)...

Exp. Share OP... (ye olde grind style was so mainstream)...

Top Bottom