• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

PBalfredo

That fedora crap seriously makes me not want to watch anymore.

That's a very silly reason to get your jimmies all rustled

Moondoge just recently sweep the seventh gym, and the chat has apparently upgraded her to Sailor Moondoge.
pnOwalV.png
source

Also, have a rad TPP AMV
source

edit: I'm also going to repost this on the new page for convenience
Tutorial for enabling the one-click touchscreen controls

Direct link to the script to paste into the console

Crayolan

hahahahhaha Lucario gets booted off the team the same way he joined. Fuckin' Karma man, love it. And Xerneas just swept Lysandre's whole team like it was nothing. I didn't think X could get any easier than it already was.

Jimmies rustled? Who talks like that?

People who wear fedoras.
Joking, obviously. Getting upset over a hat is dumb.

PBalfredo

While it's a bit sad to see Lucario go, Xerneas kicking out a member of our team could of been a lot more disruptive. It could of kicked out Lapras and we would have a PC shuffle on our hands. Luckily Hawlucha means we still have a fighting type and Charzard (and later Absol) serves as our mega. Meanwhile Xerneas is a powerhouse and the third legendary to be on TPP's team and likely the second one to make it to the hall of fame.

Crayolan

In case anyone wants to listen to someone embarass themselves, TwitchSpeaks is in human mode again. Basically, it's a person manually reading everything that goes through the twitch chat for an hour. Speaker tonight is Mojo120.

Can someone just give the details of what all has happened this run. Really annoyed that I haven't been able to keep up

Team is currently the following:

Charizard - nicknamed Tiger
Lapras
Hawlucha
Xerneas
Absol - nicknamed Moondoge or more recently Sailor Moondoge
Doublade

We're going around in a pink shirt and a fedora

Charizard has a Charizardite X and is currently our only mega evolver although Lucario in the PC also has the mega stone.

We did a couple of trades, and even one online battle to someone in japan. In the trades we gotten a Lord Helix and a Lady Helix. Funny thing is when we boxed Lord Helix he also was carrying the Sail Fossil with him. So lorewise it's like "If I can't be god of Kalos, no one can!"

We're also flying through gyms and have EXP Share on.

Our started was a Chespin, it managed to evolve to Quilladin but it's been boxed.

Trained name is d. With nickname Lil'D...you can get how things are going with that.

Team is currently the following:

Charizard - nicknamed Tiger
Lapras
Hawlucha
Xerneas
Absol - nicknamed Moondoge or more recently Sailor Moondoge
Doublade

We're going around in a pink shirt and a fedora

Charizard has a Charizardite X and is currently our only mega evolver although Lucario in the PC also has the mega stone.

We did a couple of trades, and even one online battle to someone in japan. In the trades we gotten a Lord Helix and a Lady Helix. Funny thing is when we boxed Lord Helix he also was carrying the Sail Fossil with him. So lorewise it's like "If I can't be god of Kalos, no one can!"

We're also flying through gyms and have EXP Share on.

Our started was a Chespin, it managed to evolve to Quilladin but it's been boxed.

Trained name is d. With nickname Lil'D...you can get how things are going with that.
Thanks

Wish Imcould keep up with the last two runs more, I've been traveling a bunch, making it difficult, will probably come back full force for Omega Ruby though

Crayolan

We seem to have run into a friend of that Sneasel from Platinum:

Mvj3e2X.png

And d has fallen asleep. Guess all those awakenings couldn't keep him going after getting 7 badges and saving the world in just 4 days.

I liked it, I know that it made the game easier but leveling is a chore to me, and it helped a lot. People can turn it off if they wanted.

I didn't know the game wasn't balanced for the Exp Share, though, until I beat the game. I think they should probably save it for post-game, as it's super useful for leveling a good competitive team and for filling out the pokedex, but it would be nice if it forced us to actually switch our primary pokemon every now and then.

PBalfredo

I think EXP Share is less of an issue than the fact that XY is just plain easy. The eighth gym leader only uses three pokemon.

Anywho, Elite 4 time!

Temathael

Yeah, gen 6 is easy. The EXP Share just adds to that problem.

Anyhow, E4-time and the team is not as super leveled as I feared. This could still be nice league experience : )

PBalfredo

Cool another person on my ignore list.

Aw ratcliffja, I'm sorry. That was inconsiderate of me. I should be more understanding after that wild gang of fedoras rode into town and shot your dog. That must of been traumatizing.

Mods can we please add a warning to the thread title? Trigger Warning: fedoras

MUnited83

For you.
Wait, there are really people that can't enjoy this just because the character has a fedora? I mean, really? Is that actually a thing?

I have to say it's pretty satisfying to see the team completely fall apart now. This is the first time in all of the runs that I've actively rooted against them. I still won't actually sabotage the run actively, but it's nice to see that them ruining the run has come back to haunt them.

I have to say it's pretty satisfying to see the team completely fall apart now. This is the first time in all of the runs that I've actively rooted against them. I still won't actually sabotage the run actively, but it's nice to see that them ruining the run has come back to haunt them.

11hcu0z.gif

Am I seriously the only one annoyed by the hat? Seriously? I can't be the only one.

I think it looks terrible and it is shitty, but I'm not going to root against the whole team because of that. Plus it will give people some jokes after the game is done and the good artists start drawing.

I think it looks terrible and it is shitty, but I'm not going to root against the whole team because of that. Plus it will give people some jokes after the game is done and the good artists start drawing.

Yeah but that's another thing. I hate seeing it in the art. It's just so distracting. Like every part of it is annoying and it's always present.

PBalfredo

First battle against Diantha!

Looks like we're getting this down. Now we just need some good execution to get THE URN

hhicp5k.png

Even though our "plan" for Diantha is pretty much "IDK, just wing it!" :)

Top Bottom