• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

Neo Dark

I was watching last night and they were having trouble unlocking Falco. Looks like they've unlocked Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, though. I wonder how that went down.

Probably a lot of pausing. I took a look at it earlier today and the game would be paused every 10 seconds or so due to people calling the start button

They beat Classic Mode 6 times
at Intensity 0.0
and downloaded the demo right after the 6th completion. Kinda impressive.
Now they're just waiting at the title screen.

I'm behind with what has been going on at TPP recently, but apparently they had donations which allowed for the donators to make the team for the next Stadium 2 battle.
That doesn't matter now since they just did their last Stadium 2 battle (which was a repeat of the very first Stadium 2 battle they have ever done.
Now they're going into intermission before Omega Ruby by playing Super Mario 3D World.

Crayolan

Twitch Plays Wind Waker HD in a nutshell:

FJREH2l.png

We drowned. A lot.

Also, we won't be starting Omega Ruby immediately on launch, we'll be playing Smash Bros Wii U then instead. Omega Ruby will start at 10 PM (EST) that same day.

FJREH2l.png

We drowned. A lot.

Also, we won't be starting Omega Ruby immediately on launch, we'll be playing Smash Bros Wii U then instead. Omega Ruby will start at 10 PM (EST) that same day.

That's cool. It gives people a head start on playing the game on their own if they so choose. I'll be playing Smash Wii U, though.

-Horizon-

FJREH2l.png

We drowned. A lot.

Holy crap /dead

I still can't believe this has been going on for so long.

Temathael

I will be joining the "night crew" whenever I have some idle time, moved to Japan recently.

But going to miss the start, I have classes on this saturday...

1 hour and half, and the ride begins!

Toxi

Banned
This is going to be more fun than actually playing the game.

It'll be be interesting since my only experience is with the originals.

Crayolan

We're a boy! Name is....a mess a letters and numbers, I dunno.

Edit: Name is !12rtyhaszs

Geez, let's see what people come up for this, possibly our most illegible name yet.

Toxi

Banned
We're a dude!

God they picked a screwed up name

The twitch chat is classy as always, implying the mom fucks Machokes.

ALSO PICK THE GECKO

Cbajd5

Watching this on my Wii U is actually pretty easy, just can't use twitch's chat...

I think I'm just going to watch until we choose a starter and then turn in for the night. The donation sound effect is really annoying...

Edit: Torchic it is!

Man this stream has evolved (heh) a ton over time. The cooridinate system for handling the touch screen shenanigans along with borrowing and streamlining the "Awesome Games Done Quick" style of donations. Having people pay for comments to appear within the playthrough of the game itself is a pretty damn smart way of avoiding having to run advertisements while still making money. The guy running this is super savvy.

How do people record their game and how is this twitch stream set up? I want to know to see if there is a way I can hook my 3DS to my computer and play it from my computer.

PBalfredo

Whoops, I got so engrossed in Smash Bros I missed the start of OR.

Anyways.

If anyone wants to get the touchscreen working, make a new bookmark, copy and paste this as the bookmark's url:
Code:
javascript:(function(){document.body.appendChild(document.createElement('script')).src='http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dgxtZH7i';})();
Then save the bookmark. After the bookmark is saved, open the TPP stream and click the bookmark.

Crayolan

How could you forget M4?... Marril can be encountered in route 104...

Edit: And we got our first doge... xD...

Does it still? I'm trying to find a Marill on my copy of Omega Ruby and all I'm getting are Zigzagoons. =/

Checking bulbapedia... on the original RS, Marril is found on Route 102 (we're here now)... on Emerald it's on 104...

*Runs to Route 102*

Can't continue without the core of my team now can I?

Edit: It's definitely there on the dexnav, but I think you need surf to get it...

Top Bottom