• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

PBalfredo

Ah, now for the part where we fill up our party with crap.

Two Zigzagoons. Just what a well rounded party needs.

It would of been better if we actually caught that Tailow earlier. Not that it would of prevented the inevitable PC shuffle. I think cosplay Pikachu will see to that.

I fear that Beldum will be the first to go. Since he is the one doing most of the work besides Torchic.
And now we have Exp. share after defeating an IGN grunt. Turning it off is going to be the hard part.

Crayolan

First decent art I've found:

9oQVSiv.png

Credit

safa_the_5th_by_liria10-d8780vt.png

Credit

Also apparently the chat is calling Team Magma IGN LOL

Edit: And they turned off the EXP share already. I'm impressed.

PBalfredo

The enemy Geodude is literally doing just 1 HP of damage per Tackle, but he's about to win because Beldum simply won't obey us long enough to attack.

PBalfredo

I wake up just in time to see everyone dicking around in the PC and, surprise surprise, Beldum got released.

What even prompted this fun little excursion into the PC?

I wake up just in time to see everyone dicking around in the PC and, surprise surprise, Beldum got released.

I think after getting in Dewford, they started depositing some Pokemon(Combusken, Beldum), blacked out in a few battles, then tried to get the Pokemon back.

kyo2004

TPP never changes...

Now we're in the 2nd gym with only Combusken (Scaface)...

What was the other pkmn released? (seeing the chat, we have released 2, shiny beldum and?)

We started with the boy and Torchic. Picked up the free shiny Beldum. Beat the first gym leader. We're at the second gym now, but we released our Beldum and put the rest of our party into the PC except for Whismur and Combuskin.
We should get a Sabeleye then. If it's still in dewford cave

Crayolan

I wake up to see TPP is farther than I am in my own save file, wow. Smash is occupying so much of my time. :p

I think Beldum just got released.

lol. Well whatever, we went 2 games without releases one small release this time around ain't a big deal. I'm just amazed Combusken is still on the team.

Why would they want to turn it off?
To make it '''hardcore'''

Even though we were still doing horribly even with it on

But '''hardcore''' bruh

X took us 5 days to complete, by far our shortest and easiest run ever. People don't want that to happen again.

Edit: More art

Source

Source

Source

Also lol:
NLwaFxl.jpg

huh, the google doc links for the previous games in the OP don't actually link to the right thing (they just go to the current ORAS run)

I didn't realize the URL changed when it went from a "current" google doc to an archived one. Fixed.

Also added the Live Updater and Google Doc for OR.

huh, the google doc links for the previous games in the OP don't actually link to the right thing (they just go to the current ORAS run)

Camisado

I've not been keeping up with this stream, but it seems at least one Pokémon was just released. I think they may be down to just one now?

EDIT: My mistake, they still have a Combusken in the battle box, although there does seem to be some struggle to release that as well...

EDIT2:
and-its-gone.jpg

Crayolan

Just caught up with TPP in my save file and I check in on the stream.

Our strongest mon is an Azumarill named T4. Not sure if I should be disappointed or impressed.

Edit: Hahaha we have a Zigzagoon named Zigzagoony.

They should've waited until people actually finished ORAS themselves to start another TPP playthrough.

Truth.

lol this thread is totally dead

I thought this thread was dead 3 threads ago?
attachment.php

Finally figured out what our protagonist's name was. It's Artemis, or Arty for short.

Looks like we went from a mafia (scarface and beldum) phase to a satanist (satanbat and the other poison types) phase to a "fill team with cutethings"/BUNNIES (whismurs, zigzagoony, T4, elecdoges, plusle) phase for our team

Wattson's wattson rating went down. By the old Wattson (23 attempts iirc), Wattson now has a Wattson rating of 0.13

And the chat, for the sole purpose of elongating this run, got rid of Aqua Tail and Play Rough.....

We'll have to wait for Waterfall now, and until then just keep rolling out

Oh, and TPP's secret base's QR code

1000th Pokemon!!

ohdgcPJ.png

[Comic] The Voices are the Best at What They Do: Exhibit B, Battles! by HedgeMazeExpo

[ORAS] Uncle Aarune seems a little suspicious by Xadeath

Scarface's Gangster Crew by Sorceress Feraly

Our Chat While We Saw May by rcky0229

It's So Fluffy I'm Going To Cry by Cal1pso

T4 Artwork

tumblr_nfjvqtxa0r1reohcyo1_500.png

Here Comes T4 by OptimistPessimistE

Characterization: T4 by Peppey_Pep

Apparently T4 is being illustrated as much less veteran/badass than M4 and more "girly" due to the fact that she hasn't witnessed any releases, similar to how M4 was portrayed before Zexy was released

EDIT: Flannery time
EDIT2: Loudred (Whsimur V) beat Slugma and T4 Rain Dance+Bubble sweeped the remainder
Nearly got Zigzagoony to evolve

Of course. Trolls will never stop.

You just don't understand. The mafia and satanic stuff was too much for Arty, bunnies and happy terminator M4 and elecdoge and Zigzagoony and Feiminun just fit SOO much more

T4 still is really shocking to me. I mean, what are the chances?!

EDIT:

[Art] Characterization Marches On... [ORAS] by FruityParfait

Deal by CanisAries

EDIT2: Zigzagoony now a Linoone
y

EDIT3 (couple hours later): Our Elektrike named W6 is now a Manetric
Beat Norman in an actually really awesome fight (no it isn't T4 wrecking everything,
in fact everyone but T4 does something
)

[Comic] The Voices are the Best at What They Do: Exhibit C, Technology! by HedgeMazeExpo

Antennae Boppers [Doodle] by Everyle

The Linoone knows surf now. Getting closer the best parts of the game: the surfing, diving, and undersea cave parts! Bring on the free experience points from battling water pokemon!

No sarcasm.

Shit

It was too good to last. Latios is going to destroy this team

O98Lyd4.png

The Linoone knows surf now. Getting closer the best parts of the game: the surfing, diving, and undersea cave parts! Bring on the free experience points from battling water pokemon!

No sarcasm.

With three electric types the free exp part is definitely true

EDIT: MANECTITE OBTAINED!
EDIT2: I'm now going to sleep with the full expectation that everything will have gone to shit when I wake up

EDIT3: Back up. HOLY SHIT. Latios only replaced our electrike (115), who was redundant thanks to our Manetric.

Oh jeez there's still good news. MAnetric now has volt switch and overheat. T4 has double-edge. Feminun has volt switch. Our team is decently balanced in levels

Looks like the biggest threat will be people trying to go to the PC to deposit Latios since it makes the game too easy.

tumblr_nflsb5g0Ek1reohcyo1_500.png

Latios The Pilot by OptimistPessimistE

Arty Bunny (With Gadgets) by PigDevil2010

Art's Team Looks Like a Crew You Could Party With by Sam-0 (RIP Electrike)

EDIT4:

[Comic] The Voices are the Best at What They Do: Exhibit D, Satanic Cults! by HedgeMazeExpo

PBalfredo

Good to see that the Latios shuffle worked as well as we could hope. I remember the Xerneas shuffle being one of the most nail biting moments of TPP X.

I feel a bit bad having not participated much so far. Having TPP sandwiched between the release of ORAS/Smash and Thanksgiving is pretty rough, though I should have plenty of time to watch tomorrow.

Shinypogs

We actually won a contest ^-^, to be fair T4's moveset was totally broken in regards to pulling this off but still we have conquered one of the demons haunting us for many gens.

PBalfredo

Glad I got more time to watch/participate today. We just beat Tate and Lisa and T4 learned Dive over Double Edge, which is great since Dive is a STAB that uses Huge Power and we don't need to be killing ourselves with recoil

Chat's stage mom tendencies finally paid off

Crayolan

*Checks stream progress*

HOW THE HELL ARE THEY MOVING SO FAST I CAN'T KEEP UP! In one night they got all the way from Mt. Pyre to the Seafloor Cavern and I'm still at Mt. Pyre. >_>

Glad I got more time to watch/participate today. We just beat Tate and Lisa and T4 learned Dive over Double Edge, which is great since Dive is a STAB that uses Huge Power and we don't need to be killing ourselves with recoil

Chat's stage mom tendencies finally paid off

Amazing.

Top Bottom