• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

PBalfredo

Hitching a ride on Kenya is pretty adorable

Jeh9dTZ.png

Crayolan

We will be stuck in this gym forever unless we get democracy back.

Apparently streamer has a system set up where if we spend too long on certain areas democracy will activate by itself and be turned off again once we leave that area (or go into battle, probably).

Cbajd5

Wallace got Rolled out.

that is he was beat by t4 using rollout

also he requested an encore

while using rollout

t4 obliged

Was surprised TPP got this far so quickly (didn't get to watch any of it yesterday).

Guessing they got another M4 and are relying on Rollout'ing everything again?

PBalfredo

Was surprised TPP got this far so quickly (didn't get to watch any of it yesterday).

Guessing they got another M4 and are relying on Rollout'ing everything again?

While we do have another M4 - and one that's better than M4 thanks to actually having Huge Power instead of Thick Fat - we also have Latios, a legendary, and Exp Share makes the rest of the crew not completely useless like the Emerald party.

WAIT, when did this start going so quickly
Of course I miss he day stuff happens
Argh

8 badges now

And it sounds like some crazy stuff happened with Groudon too

Devil Horns by ZetsuTheFirst

WPgYgeJ.png

[Comic] The Voices are the Best at What They Do: Exhibit G, Sense of Direction! by HedgeMazeExpo

CbzeZtJ.png

So We Ran From Groudon a Few Times by Sorceress Feraly

EOFjbQi.png

Wallace Battle in a Nutshell by HolyLatios

tpp_or___coolest_contest_by_marogod-d87s3u3.png

Art: Coolest Contest by marogod

So caught Groudon with an Ultra Ball
And Azelf with the Master Ball
And we won a contest with T4

And finally, Pikachurro??...

Pikachurro by FruityParfait

They're already at the Elite 4 after fighting Wally
who had amazing battle music
The first moment that they entered the Pokemon League they ran right into the doors, like true TPP players.

PBalfredo

Now that I'm stuffed with turkey, time to sit back and watch TPP take on the elite four. Let's see how we do compared to Emerald, the best/worst Elite Four run of TPP. Hoenn has perhaps the most asshole E4 of the series, but this time around we got a legendary on our side and our team isn't starting off completely emaciated outside of our Azumarill.

PBalfredo

Elite Four runs are probably my favorite part of TPP because of the group strategizing and optimizing that takes place to overcome the E4. This Reddit post gives a quick rundown and made me realize that even though we have a legendary with us, Latios is a poor fit for this E4. Being Dragon/Psychic is an unfortunate typing for an E4 that consists of Dark, Ghost, Ice and Dragon, all of which are supereffective against poor Latios, and a Steel-type champion who resists everything Latios has to throw at it.

edit: link fixed

Crayolan

So we somehow just found another portal through soaring and fought and killed Cresselia.

This game is super easy and Azumarill has huge Power. Is going to be a cakewalk.

One problem: the champion uses steel types. Which Azumarill is now weak against and rollout won't work against.

Elite Four runs are probably my favorite part of TPP because of the group strategizing and optimizing that takes place to overcome the E4. This Reddit post gives a quick rundown and made me realize that even though we have a legendary with us, Latios is a poor fit for this E4. Being Dragon/Psychic is an unfortunate typing for an E4 that consists of Dark, Ghost, Ice and Dragon, all of which are supereffective against poor Latios, and a Steel-type champion who resists everything Latios has to throw at it.

Same here. I loved Emerald's E4 week, and seeing our team grow so significantly in that time period. And other than in Fire Red, we've never been able to cheese the E4. Even in the easiest games, they've always posed a decent challenge for us.

your link doesn't actually link to anything lol
So we somehow just found another portal through soaring and fought and killed Cresselia.

One problem: the champion uses steel types. Which Azumarill is now weak against and rollout won't work against.

Same here. I loved Emerald's E4 week, and seeing our team grow so significantly in that time period. And other than in Fire Red, we've never been able to cheese the E4. Even in the easiest games, they've always posed a decent challenge for us.

neutral against, not weak against (that water type)

Outside of the major Wattson frustration, people were ready to give Emerald the title for worst run until the E4 struggle and timer

And they could easily make the argument for Emerald being the worst run if it wasn't for its E4.

Reminder:
NbxK5NX.png

[Comic] The Voices are the Best at What They Do: Exhibits E&F, Interior Design! by HedgeMazeExpo
Left by Everyle

Torchic_in_the_KFC_Bucket_by_hangdok.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving Twitch by GenerallyEpic

Race Ya by CanisAries

M4 and T4 by flylikearock

T4 and W6 Humanized by RazorSharp274

Proof that Loudred Can Be Cute Too!/King Whismur the Fifth by TheGalaxy

Crayolan

So I recreated my favorite TPP team in my Omega Ruby game:

It was pretty fun to get to use these guys myself! In the end everyone managed to be useful except for 5'7....so basically just it was just like in Emerald. And despite being one of the lower leveled members of my team, M4 was still the strongest. Huge Power is too good. Team MVP was still Cruella though, she could basically tank anything thrown her way and dish back good damage.

The real triumph was using these guys to take on (ORAS postgame spoilers)
Wallace's Champion team. It felt gooooooood to get revenge on that bastard.
Thanks for giving us that fight Gamefreak. <3

And yea I know the picture quality is trash, they were taken from my phone. Not my fault pokemon games can't post screenshots on Miiverse.

toto2379

Neo Member
They backtracked for no apparent reason other than delaying progress.

I was hyped when we reached elite four, but they had to kill that hype :(

EDIT : BOOMBURST HYPE!

TKc9Shz.png

We just TRAMPLED Sidney with a Boomburst sweep that would make Annie cry

Spreadsheet with key detailing everything about all the E4 runs so far
The A Team

[ORAS] T4 vs Team Magma's Mega Camperupt
by Xadeath

kenya_the_6th_by_peppeypep-d87xnv7.png

Kenya the 6th by Peppery_Pep

The Bunny Mafia. Cute. Cuddly. Killlers by ColeWalksi

Oh, and just as I finish, we Waterfall sweep Phoebe, although that means weonly have 5 Waterfalls left thanks to Pressure
EDIT: And we Rock Smash sweeped half of Glacia's team until Froslass froze T4 with Blizzard

Once I beat OR, I'll have to catch up on this run. Really sucks that they didn't wait a bit before starting. They should do an AS run early next year.

It's teh urn

Zigzagoony just ko'ed Claydol
Light screen is down

We still have Whismur V at full health

EDIT: Down to Mega-Metagross and Whismur V

AND IT'S TEH URN

Is it finally over now? No more twitch plays Pokemon?

Red Anniversary

plus streamer will hopefully let us do Champion Wallace and other post-game stuff

EDIT: WAT WAT WAT POST CREDIT BATTLE WITH MAY

I have to get ORAS now

That's amazing....

EDIT2: And canon negligent father!
Symbol is Rayqyaza iirc

Crayolan

Amazing, we beat the game at the same time Europe got it.

Video of the battle against Steven, for those who missed it.

Is it finally over now? No more twitch plays Pokemon?

This run isn't even over. We have the postgame stuff to do.

After that, the stream will go back into break mode, where they'll just be playing Pokemon Battle Revolution probably until February, when we'll have the Red Anniversary Run. And after that the streamer has some plans for runs of fangames and romhacks occasionally while waiting for the next new pokemon game to come out.

I have no idea what that symbol means.

It's the symbol for the delta episode. If you haven't played ORAS yet and you don't want to be spoiled you may want to stop watching at this point.

Top Bottom