• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Isn't Bad... It's Infuriating by Raycevick

Nydius

I gave up on Ubisoft with AC Odyssey. The only two Ubisoft games I've had legitimate fun playing the last few years were Immortals Fenyx Rising and the digital deluxe (non-toy version) of Starlink: Battle for Atlas. I rented Valhalla and FC6 but returned them pretty quickly. I gave Avatar Frontiers of Pandora an attempt, but sold it after realizing it was just the same old shit in a different wrapper.

I would like to play the newest Prince of Persia, but I'll buy it second hand in a few months.

RPS37

I’ve been contemplating making a thread asking what the best recent AC game was because Ghost of Tsushima has got me playing AC Origins of all games and I’m kind of digging it.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

It doesn't seem like many here actually watched the video...
He's right about the appeal of the concept. They've even piqued my interest with AC Hexe's setting. I know that they are not going to fulfill the premise anywhere near its potential, but that they have me thinking about an AC game at all in 2024 is an achievement in itself.

I don't think they, or anyone else, can get away with coating boilerplate stuff with interesting paint much longer though. Best chance for Ubisoft to change their design philosophy is pressure from the market. And their sales have been stagnating.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Ubisoft home where creativity dies
A shit game can be funny because it’s so bad
A bland game is nothing

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I platinumed Assassin's Creed Odyssey, all DLC, 100%, every uplay achievement unlocked. Was struggling with harder stuff at the time, so I put in like 450 hours.

I'm pretty sure that was my magnum opus as far as engaging with Ubisoft is concerned. Our concerto reaches its conclusion, a cacophony of hard drugs, playing for like 10 hour bursts and mtx. A Song like ours shall never be played once again.

Never did a playthrough with Alexios, though.

Laptop1991

I don't like the company, i don't like Ubisoft Connect on PC, but i do like the Assassin Creed games, if i could get them on Steam without having to use their awful launcher i would, but after saying we won't own our games i probably won't be buying them either.

at this moment only good studio in Ubisoft is IVORY TOWER the developers of crew series. It's getting update every week. Unbound and forza players moving to motorfest now. Car handling graphics and online components are pretty awesome.
Youre not completely wrong but that game needs some more TLC when it comes to both small and large flaws, race payout increases and some other things like more PvP modes but the game is still fun tho.

Top Bottom