• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

They're good too order as use they cover you for trading.

Pikachu is £7 on Shopto.

I did think about that, but I've got my twins' birthdays coming up and I can't justify spending on amiibo instead of them - I'd rather seem them happy and enjoying their day than me having a Villager or two in a box to trade months down the line :)

Bazry

Pikachu is £7 on Shopto.

Cheers, £7.85 but still ordered at that price

I see Gameseek are now doing free delivery in the UK as well, which means all the £8.99 common ones are now good value on there as well

I'm still missing quite a few common ones such as Peach, Diddy Kong, Luigi, Yoshi and Samus, as i've been waiting to pick them up cheaper than the £10.99 RRP

Cheers, £7.85 but still ordered at that price

I see Gameseek are now doing free delivery in the UK as well, which means all the £8.99 common ones are now good value on there as well

I'm still missing quite a few common ones such as Peach, Diddy Kong, Luigi, Yoshi and Samus, as i've been waiting to pick them up cheaper than the £10.99 RRP

They're good if you wanna make custom Amiibos too without spending too much money.

Koren

When I see how difficult it is to find Shulk and Dedede, I fear... I haven't been able to find one in stores, so I'm waiting for an online order... which hasn't shipped because they couldn't source a MK (supposedly, Shulk and Dedede are ready to ship and put on hold).

I hope they're *really* ready to ship and they won't lose them while waiting for a MK they'll probably never get, because if they fail me, I'm screwed T_T

Edit: Aaaand... I missed another french Wave 4 preorder (in a shop where I found many wave 1/2, but since they've skipped 3b and removed Amiibos from display, I wasn't expecting them to stock Wave 4)

H1PSTER

When I see how difficult it is to find Shulk and Dedede, I fear... I haven't been able to find one in stores, so I'm waiting for an online order... which hasn't shipped because they couldn't source a MK (supposedly, Shulk and Dedede are ready to ship and put on hold).

I hope they're *really* ready to ship and they won't lose them while waiting for a MK they'll probably never get, because if they fail me, I'm screwed T_T

Edit: Aaaand... I missed another french Wave 4 preorder (in a shop where I found many wave 1/2, but since they've skipped 3b and removed Amiibos from display, I wasn't expecting them to stock Wave 4)

Have faith, you will get them Amiibro.

Koren

Have faith, you will get them Amiibro.
I think I should get a second job on the time I spend scouting Amiibos so that I can pay scalpers prices. That would be a better way to get them...

No, really, 3b has been a nightmare, and I expect things to go worse.

I got my amiibo from Tesco today :D My Shulk and Dedede, Brian★'s Shulk, and another Shulk for a friend at work (sorry guys I would sell it to one of you but had already promised my friend!)

2015_02_27_21_37_05.jpg

Turns out ordering from Tesco at 4am pays off!

I hope others manage to get the ones they need and I'll do my best to pass on stock alerts asap!

kubus

I got my amiibo from Tesco today :D My Shulk and Dedede, Brian★'s Shulk, and another Shulk for a friend at work (sorry guys I would sell it to one of you but had already promised my friend!)

2015_02_27_21_37_05.jpg

I hope others manage to get the ones they need and I'll do my best to pass on stock alerts asap!

Ohhh mannnnn, so many Shulks @_@

If it pops up at Tesco at 4AM again, order one for me :D

2015_02_27_21_37_05.jpg

Yeah do! I'm still searching.

Amiibo UK/EU OT 2: Don't Sulk Over Shulk.

nibblemonkey

Neo Member

2015_02_27_21_37_05.jpg

Well I'm feeling rather jealous right now and at the same time frightened for my Dedede who is now in Yodel's hands

Spades

Looks like Tesco won't be getting any more stock now, either:

Dear Spades,

Sorry, but the following product is no longer available to buy:

Shulk amiibo Smash Character
Catalogue No: 699-2769

We've therefore cancelled your stock alert.

Glad I ordered from Japan whilst he was relatively cheap.

Dear Mr Kelly,

Sorry, but the following product is no longer available to buy:

Shulk amiibo Smash Character
Catalogue No: 699-2769
We've therefore cancelled your stock alert.

If you're looking for an alternative, we have a fantastic range of products at great prices for you to choose from - just visit us today at www.tesco.com/direct.

Kind regards,

The Tesco direct team

Yep, we're fucked.

Looks like Tesco won't be getting any more stock now, either:

Glad I ordered from Japan whilst he was relatively cheap.

Even though I don't need them anymore, I set up stock alerts for the other Amiibos like Little Mac and Marth. I got a message for those too. So basically, all of the rare Amiibos have this e-mail.
No joke, this isn't good.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Surely Meta Knight and Dedede will be restocked when Rainbow Curse launches in Europe? Maybe Shulk for Xenoblade 3D?

I just can't believe they would release those three in such limited quantities and leave it at that.

Surely Meta Knight and Dedede will be restocked when Rainbow Curse launches in Europe? Maybe Shulk for Xenoblade 3D?

I just can't believe they would release those three in such limited quantities and leave it at that.

That's...well...that's Nintendo.

Maybe, but I don't know of we have a precedent yet. I seriously doubt it, though. Because Nintendo.

openrob

Just been emailed by Amazon to say that my Shulk Amiibo is due to be delivered on the 4th March!

Amazon said:
Hello,

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on December 09 2014 (Order ###).

"Nintendo amiibo Super Smash Bros. - Shulk (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)"
Estimated arrival date: March 04 2015

For more details, please visit the Your Account section of our web site :

[...link...]

You have not yet been charged for this item. We do not debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We will send you a dispatch confirmation email on the date of dispatch.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Collected my Dedede from our local Tesco this afternoon, so that's me back up-to-date and just waiting for my preorders on the upcoming waves over the next couple of months.

Interestingly, Nintendo appear to have changed the packaging materials used. Every other amiibo I have uses a very sturdy clear plastic for the box, but King Dedede was packaged in a thinner material that feels a bit cheaper. Dunno if it's just for this figure, part of an odd batch or whether it's cost-cutting for future releases, but it was noticeable and interesting.

TheMoon

Collected my Dedede from our local Tesco this afternoon, so that's me back up-to-date and just waiting for my preorders on the upcoming waves over the next couple of months.

Interestingly, Nintendo appear to have changed the packaging materials used. Every other amiibo I have uses a very sturdy clear plastic for the box, but King Dedede was packaged in a thinner material that feels a bit cheaper. Dunno if it's just for this figure, part of an odd batch or whether it's cost-cutting for future releases, but it was noticeable and interesting.

Mine, including DeDeDe, are all the same. You must've received an odd one.

JonnyKong

When did we discover the Argos stock goes up for sale? It was sometime this week right?

Although I have to say as time goes on, my interest to try get hold of Meta is dwindling.

2015_02_27_21_37_05.jpg

Thanks so so sososososoososososoosososomuchhhh!
I've been looking for a Shulk for ageeeesss.

Rosalina, Marth, Shulk get. (Ness Preorder get as well!)
The only wishlist I have now is:
Really Want
Little Mac
Want
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Maybe
Megaman
Sonic
Meta Knight

Kyonashi

Desperate plea for anyone in the UK with a spare Rosalina or Meta Knight they might let go to help out a GAF amiibro. I'm still trying Argos/TRU/Tesco, but I swear none of them even got MK stock in.

LAA

Little surprised about the rarirty of the amiibo's this wave.
I was expecting MegaMan and Sonic to be pretty rare as they are 3rd party characters, MegaMan espicially as if we assume more amiibo's are made for a character if the game they're from is popular, MegaMan feels to have been abandoned for a while now, Sonic is more popular I'd say, though gamewise its constantly up and down I'd say, and they're both able to be bought from Nintendo Store still.

Shulk seems to be pretty rare, I was expecting him to be rare too, but I thought with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D coming they'd make more of him, maybe they still will later this month.

Happy to say I managed to get a Shulk, MegaMan and Sonic, so only amiibos left on my "list" to get are: Pacman, Lucina, Robin, Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, Falco, Dark Pit, Mewtwo (If they make one), Mii amiibo (Remember Miyamoto talking about custom mii amiibos, hope they do).

Palutena, ROB, and Olimar (If they added pikmin to that statue, I'd like it just for that, ha ha), are all on my maybe list... Even the ones in the above list may need to be taken off though due to potential money problems :(

Little surprised about the rarirty of the amiibo's this wave.
I was expecting MegaMan and Sonic to be pretty rare as they are 3rd party characters, MegaMan espicially as if we assume more amiibo's are made for a character if the game they're from is popular, MegaMan feels to have been abandoned for a while now, Sonic is more popular I'd say, though gamewise its constantly up and down I'd say, and they're both able to be bought from Nintendo Store still.

Shulk seems to be pretty rare, I was expecting him to be rare too, but I thought with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D coming they'd make more of him, maybe they still will later this month.

Happy to say I managed to get a Shulk, MegaMan and Sonic, so only amiibos left on my "list" to get are: Pacman, Lucina, Robin, Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, Falco, Dark Pit, Mewtwo (If they make one), Mii amiibo (Remember Miyamoto talking about custom mii amiibos, hope they do).

Palutena, ROB, and Olimar (If they added pikmin to that statue, I'd like it just for that, ha ha), are all on my maybe list... Even the ones in the above list may need to be taken off though due to potential money problems :(

Guessing part of the rarity are people importing + scalpers getting wind of their value.

Left to preorder are Duck Hunt Duo and Mr Game and Watch as musts (the I will trade you a Shulk/Sonic/Fit/Marth/Villager/Toon Link), with ROB, Ganondorf, ZSS and Olimar not far behind.

It's his face. The nose wasn't designed well and it looks like they even got the proportion wrong and the face tilt extra skewed. Maybe it will look better when pictured from a different angle.

He looks he's made of marizpan and that he belongs on a wedding cake.

kubus

Mmm getting to desperation levels here now for the Shulk Amiibo, might pull the trigger for one on eBay...

;-/
Many signs are pointing towards a restock or reprint sometime this week. I'm gonna wait one more week, if nothing happens I'll bite on ebay :(

Top Bottom