• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Hobohodo

Think I've got push bullet set up. So whenever anything new is posted to it now I should get notifications through the app yeah?

Hobohodo

Messed up by forgetting my password...by the time I reset it was to late.

Just going to need to stay logged in everywhere.

nibblemonkey

Neo Member
Not sure - I'm collecting from my local store at the weekend. Looking online, smaller items seem to be Royal Mail, but everything else is anyone from Yodel to Hermes or HDN.
I considered collection but I didn't know if I was going to end up going any time soon so I paid for delivery which still made it cheaper then game

I considered collection but I didn't know if I was going to end up going any time soon so I paid for delivery which still made it cheaper then game

Hopefully it will be RM for you. Yodel and Hermes tend to be so variable - one time you'll get a driver who delivers it without a hitch, the next you'll get someone who flings it through the door, shouts and is back in the van before you even realise they've been at your door!

H1PSTER

This kinda stuff is killing me.

GZCbJM6.png

Tesco, he isn't buyable! Stop teasing!!

Edit: Seems I was late, bad times...

I don't think I'll ever get him.

nibblemonkey

Neo Member
Hopefully it will be RM for you. Yodel and Hermes tend to be so variable - one time you'll get a driver who delivers it without a hitch, the next you'll get someone who flings it through the door, shouts and is back in the van before you even realise they've been at your door!
I think I'd prefer Hermes just because I usually get the same person delivering and she always makes sure I get it if I'm in as well as knowing where to leave it if I'm not in

Chopper

Ugh. I fucking hate automated/robotic responses. Why are Nintendo incapable of communicating like human beings?!

Thank you for contacting us and placing an enquiry.

A member of our Nintendo Customer Support Team has looked into your enquiry and added a response.

For your records, your original query was:

I am appalled at the shocking low stock allocation of Wave 4 amiibo. They have been "Out of Stock" since they were all claimed by scalpers buying them in bulk when they first appeared on the site. It is a similar story at other online retailers. Whilst I do appreciate the new "1 per customer" ruling, I sincerely hope the situation is rectified, and that preorders will open again for a reasonable amount of time so that those of us who are simply trying to add to our collections, as opposed to flogging them on ebay for profit, can enjoy these Nintendo products in the way that they are intended. As it stands, I can't see myself ever getting my hands on the likes of Pac-man and Ness unless I am EXTREMELY lucky or pay over the odds to someone undeserving. This isn't the way it should be. Collecting Nintendo toys should be fun, not stressful and unfair. Please tell me more stock is due.

After further investigation, we can confirm the following:

Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Team.

We are sorry to hear that you were unable to order an item from our Online Store.

We regret to inform you, that wave 4 Amiibo products are currently sold out. We unfortunately, have no announcements or updates at this time, as to when this item will come back in stock.

We would therefore recommend checking back on our store, at a later date, to see if the item becomes available to order once again.

In the event that you have placed an order for an out of stock item and are currently awaiting its dispatch, you can choose to wait until we have stock available to send to you, or cancel you order.

However, we would like to assure you that no payments have been deducted from your chosen payment method. Payments placed through our store are only debited once your goods have been dispatched from our warehouse.

As a reminder, any free items that have already been dispatched will have to be returned to us in the event that you choose to cancel your order.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and disappointment caused on this matter.

Should you have any further queries or questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

Lester Paul
Nintendo Customer Support
Thanks Lester, you useless bastard.

TheMoon

Thanks to a kind gal at another forum :D. And best of all: I only had to pay normal retail price :).

Still hunting for Shulk and Meta Knight, anyone know if the rumors that they'll be receiving a new shipment sometime in March are true?

My preordered Wave 4 from Conrad.de started shipping today. Mega Man only, but the invoice provided updated estimates for the others: They dated new Shulk stock for March 6, new DeDeDe stock for April 6 and ...new Meta Knight stock for .... August 13. Make of that what you will. It's gonna be very frustrating for me having to sit on my Meta Knight until August because I want to compare the two before selling the extra one. Sigh.

kubus

My preordered Wave 4 from Conrad.de started shipping today. Mega Man only, but the invoice provided updated estimates for the others: They dated new Shulk stock for March 6, new DeDeDe stock for April 6 and ...new Meta Knight stock for .... August 13. Make of that what you will. It's gonna be very frustrating for me having to sit on my Meta Knight until August because I want to compare the two before selling the extra one. Sigh.

Hmm someone mentioned that a store told them that new Shulk stock was estimated for next week (March 2-6), but Dedede was unclear. First it was also March, but then it got delayed to April, and then March again.

That sucks about Meta Knight though, I really hope I can find him soon :(.

So what with is being European, why do you guys make of this?
http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/02/26/nintendo-confirms-gold-mario-amiibo

Personally i'm not going to be bothering with the Mario Party set - I just want the full Smash set :p

However, i'm not so sure I like the idea of these special gold/silver versions. Maybe would be more enticed by them if they did something extra over the normal version.

Also they'll probably be GAME exclusive or something when they hit the UK... eugh.

Personally i'm not going to be bothering with the Mario Party set - I just want the full Smash set :p

However, i'm not so sure I like the idea of these special gold/silver versions. Maybe would be more enticed by them if they did something extra over the normal version.

Also they'll probably be GAME exclusive or something when they hit the UK... eugh.

The Gold Mario for your soul and only 300 pounds! Exclusively at GAME.

Paid over the odds for Meta Knight and King Dedede on eBay.co.uk, not great I know...

Still need a Shulk for the full collection, but there is no way I am paying over £50 for an Amiibo.

Slightly worried Gold Mario go up for UK whilst I'm on the tube.
Ha same. Waiting central now with all the usual tabs up ready to reload when I'm off.

Quite sad really.
It cracks me up personally.

Yeah I'm not even mad at this point. It's just Nintendo doing dickish things as always. I mean yeah I'm annoyed but there's not being being mad about it because we made jokes about this happening months ago.
Amiibos have been a complete mess since they came out. Consider Nintendo have been making toys for well over 100 years you'd think they'd know what they're doing. ReggieShrug.

He's no Dedede but he'll do.

Nice grab!

So my Shulk and Dedede from Tesco have been dispached to my local store for collection... I think it might actually be happening :O I'm going to have a Shulk! Something has to go wrong surely :/

So my Shulk and Dedede from Tesco have been dispached to my local store for collection... I think it might actually be happening :O I'm going to have a Shulk! Something has to go wrong surely :/

Look. You're clearly not sure about that Shulk so I'll happily take that off you. Just looking out for you. I care is all.

EmiPrime

Availability Alert
We're pleased to inform you that the item you have requested is now available to order from Amazon.co.uk. Please act quickly – there's no guarantee that it will remain in stock for long.

Video Games
Nintendo amiibo Super Smash Bros. - Meta Knight (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)

Availability: In stock. Dispatched from and sold by SegaSykes.

Price: £39.99

Amazon pls...

Brian★;153874670 said:
PUSHBULLET NOTE
The blog problem has been fixed. We are under a new blog in order to send RSS feeds to your devices!

The Pushbullet Channel is now mainstreamed.

We will start to accept new people.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS PUSHBULLET IS INTERNATIONAL AND WILL RECEIVE ALERTS FROM JAPAN, EUROPE, AUSTRALIA/NZ and the US.

Reposting, we also need collaborators to help me in the Pushbullet service. If you want to be one, pm me~

Koren

Which one? UK, IT, FR, ES?
Also curious... UK opened (and closed) preorders two weeks and half ago, FR last wednesday, and as far as I know, they haven't shown yet on DE, IT, ES and .com

I fully expect to miss all of them, but still...

Edit : new stock on UK ? Interesting... For all of them?

MicH

That Amazon UK wave 4 stock last night was clearly only available for like two minutes. If was probably just don't one who cancelled their pre-orders thus making them available in a really short period

eltercero

Also curious... UK opened (and closed) preorders two weeks and half ago, FR last wednesday, and as far as I know, they haven't shown yet on DE, IT, ES and .com

I fully expect to miss all of them, but still...

Edit : new stock on UK ? Interesting... For all of them?

Yes, ES and IT already have the product pages (at least for Ness), but they haven't showed up in DE yet.

Koren

No. Just Robin, Lucina and Pac-Man.
I still think Ness is the tricky one. Nintendo seems to produce a larger number of 3rd-party Amiibos, so they'll probably produce a decent number of Pac-Man. I hope the usage of Robin and Lucina in the 3DS game will also trigger a larger amount of them.

That being said, I can't see Wario or Charizard being rares, either, and possible use of Dedede and Metaknight in a Kirby game hasn't helped :/ We'll see.

Yes, ES and IT already have the product pages (at least for Ness), but they haven't showed up in DE yet.
I'm mostly following DE, but since I haven't been able to find Ness (or Wario) product pages on ES/IT (neither with Amazon search nor with Google), I fear I may miss them when they're up (like I missed the UK preorders because I thought the direct match of the search would be on the first page, not the very last item on third page)...

Those pages have been removed or are they still online?

The amiibofigures_UK account is reporting Villager is up at Tesco now, so go and grab if you're missing him!

EDIT:

Yup, up now for £10. Don't need him, but someone else might.

eltercero

I'm mostly following DE, but since I haven't been able to find Ness (or Wario) product pages on ES/IT (neither with Amazon search nor with Google), I fear I may miss them when they're up (like I missed the UK preorders because I thought the direct match of the search would be on the first page, not the very last item on third page)...

Those pages have been removed or are they still online?

This is the one for ES: http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00SSU6940/

I've recently discovered that for EU Amazon sites the product code is exactly the same. So, for Italy it is http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00SSU6940/

And for DE it will be http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00SSU6940/ but it is not up yet.

I've check that code thing with other amiibos and it's the same in the european amazon stores (al least the ones I tried). Not the same for amazon.com though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The amiibofigures_UK account is reporting Villager is up at Tesco now, so go and grab if you're missing him!

EDIT:

I'm gambling that Animal Crossing will get its own Amiibo line with superior taller build, eyes not two miles apart, male and female villager figurines.

EDIT:

When I try to checkout, it says they don't have enough stock. Tried multiple times, within about 1 minute of that update going up.

Top Bottom