• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

I've decided that if I can't get a Ness, Mr Game and Watch, Duck hut dog, Pac Man and ROB, I'm selling my entire unopened collection.

lewisgone

I know it's a lot to ask but if anyone gets in the position where they can buy a second Ness amiibo whenever a preorder turns up somewhere, I would appreciate being able to buy it off you. You wouldn't make nearly as much profit as you would on eBay since I'm not willing to pay more than £15+postage, but I really want Ness and I'd be super-appreciative.

Honestly if these stock issues are intentional by Nintendo to create demand that's depressing. I'm not enjoying seeing a cool character and realizing it's incredibly unlikely I'll be able to buy it. I only have 4 amiibo's and they're all common (Toon Link is pretty common, right? The others definitely are). I'm fine with that since most of the ones I want are common but with ones like Villager, and now Ness, and Charizard, if I'm not on the ball 24/7 on stock updates I'm screwed.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Everyone bailing after smash means it'll be easier for me when I decide to get in on the craze with another series akukukukukuku.

JonnyKong

I know it's a lot to ask but if anyone gets in the position where they can buy a second Ness amiibo whenever a preorder turns up somewhere, I would appreciate being able to buy it off you. You wouldn't make nearly as much profit as you would on eBay since I'm not willing to pay more than £15+postage, but I really want Ness and I'd be super-appreciative.

Honestly if these stock issues are intentional by Nintendo to create demand that's depressing. I'm not enjoying seeing a cool character and realizing it's incredibly unlikely I'll be able to buy it. I only have 4 amiibo's and they're all common (Toon Link is pretty common, right? The others definitely are). I'm fine with that since most of the ones I want are common but with ones like Villager, and now Ness, and Charizard, if I'm not on the ball 24/7 on stock updates I'm screwed.

Hey dude, I have a Ness coming who I don't actually want to keep anymore so I'll sell him to you. I think I'll just feel too guilty sticking him on ebay as I don't want to turn into a scalper. Obviously I know the release date is quite far away yet so you may have to remind me as we get closer to the date. I'll still be popping into this thread so I'll see whatever you post, but also feel free to send me a pm. :)

Also I apologise to anybody else who wanted Ness who I may have ignored earlier in the thread, I've just logged on now for the first time in ages and this is the first post I saw asking for Ness and I can tell by the writing how much you genuinely want him, so I picked Lewis.

H1PSTER

Ness, Toad and Wario are all I want from the announced waves.

Please Amiibo gods, don't let them go the way that Little Mac and Dedede have gone for me

;___;

Koren

Metaknight get, and he's decent. I'm down to Shulk and Dedede... I hope I'll receive them :/

Unfortunately, a lot of the ones I'd want are rare. Fire Emblem ones, Shulk, and some of the Pokemon ones.
There's rare pokemon ones?

Since Pikachu is common, and Charizard still an unknown, there's only Lucario left, and it can be found quite easily, at least here (I'd say borderline common). Is this a guess about future allocations?

Zafir

Metaknight get, and he's decent. I'm down to Shulk and Dedede... I hope I'll receive them :/

There's rare pokemon ones?

Since Pikachu is common, and Charizard still an unknown, there's only Lucario left, and it can be found quite easily, at least here (I'd say borderline common). Is this a guess about future allocations?
Lucario was sold out on sites, but I managed to grab one earlier on Tesco since it briefly came back in stock.

Couldn't seem to pre-order Charizard.

Honestly I was mostly referring to Fire Emblem and Shulk.

Shulk especially. I've been checking all the time, even got trackers set up on pages to notify me on the fly. However, every time he came back in stock, it was during a time I wasn't at the computer. Like really early in the morning where I'm either asleep, or I've left for Uni.

It's just really frustrating.

Spades

Ness, Toad and Wario are all I want from the announced waves.

I'm not even a Pokemon fan, but Charizard looks fucking amazing!

charizard-amiibo-pack-shot.jpg

How can he not be on your list?!

TheMoon

I'm not even a Pokemon fan, but Charizard looks fucking amazing!

charizard-amiibo-pack-shot.jpg

How can he not be on your list?!

Shhhhh ...I'm pretending the Pokémon ones don't exist. I don't care about Pokémon in general but some of the amiibo look really cool but I don't want them. YOU HEAR ME! I DON'T WANT THEM. NOOOOOOOOOOooooOoooOooOooo /throws wallet out the window

Koren

Lucario was sold out on sites, but I managed to grab one earlier on Tesco since it briefly came back in stock.
Nice, but that would have been a problem easier to solve that Shulk, Rosalina, Little mac and cie.

Couldn't seem to pre-order Charizard.
Not really surprising, but I expect him to be not really so rare in shops.

Preordering is awfully difficult, now. In fact, it seems that the main (and nearly only) VG chain in France stopped taking preorders for Amiibos after some problems with Nintendo. It speaks volumes of the issue. I can't even think of a french source that could be half-trusted now :/

Shulk especially. I've been checking all the time, even got trackers set up on pages to notify me on the fly. However, every time he came back in stock, it was during a time I wasn't at the computer. Like really early in the morning where I'm either asleep, or I've left for Uni.
Same. I'm experimentating programming my own tracker now, linked to a audible signal that can call me even if I'm not on my computer... That's kinda crazy. That won't help me for all the time I spend at work, but anything could be helpful.

(of course, should I design something that work, I'll try to find a way to share the alerts with you guys)

MicH

Yeah, I'm certain Charizard will be common. Too many Pokemon fans to make him rare. Ness and the Fire Emblem characters will be a challenge to get. Hopefully my pre-orders will be enough unlike the last two waves where some got cancelled on the day of release *shakes fist*

lewisgone

Hey dude, I have a Ness coming who I don't actually want to keep anymore so I'll sell him to you. I think I'll just feel too guilty sticking him on ebay as I don't want to turn into a scalper. Obviously I know the release date is quite far away yet so you may have to remind me as we get closer to the date. I'll still be popping into this thread so I'll see whatever you post, but also feel free to send me a pm. :)

Also I apologise to anybody else who wanted Ness who I may have ignored earlier in the thread, I've just logged on now for the first time in ages and this is the first post I saw asking for Ness and I can tell by the writing how much you genuinely want him, so I picked Lewis.

No way! Thank you so much! I'll PM you tomorrow so I don't forget your username, and then again closer to release. That's so nice of you though. I'm replaying Earthbound right now and all I can think about is that amiibo, haha. Seriously, I'm so grateful for this.

Shhhhh ...I'm pretending the Pokémon ones don't exist. I don't care about Pokémon in general but some of the amiibo look really cool but I don't want them. YOU HEAR ME! I DON'T WANT THEM. NOOOOOOOOOOooooOoooOooOooo /throws wallet out the window

You're just waiting for the proper Pokemon line, huh, 600+ amiibo?

JonnyKong

No way! Thank you so much! I'll PM you tomorrow so I don't forget your username, and then again closer to release. That's so nice of you though. I'm replaying Earthbound right now and all I can think about is that amiibo, haha. Seriously, I'm so grateful for this.

It's really no issue :) I think I pre-ordered him cos I got caught up in the excitement of how rare it would be, but then I started thinking about how I've never actually played Earthbound so I don't care for the guy all that much. Unfortunately I ordered him alongside three others and you can't cancel them individually, and I certainly didn't want to lose my other three pre-orders, so yeah, he's yours. Hope you enjoyed that boring story haha.

Spades

It's bad enough that GAME charge £15. IMO, retailers should never be charging 100% over the RRP - it makes them as bad as scalpers, if not worse.

Will be backing out after Smash is done, too with the intention of getting the odd few that I like e..g Toad or future Pokemon. Was only ever intending to get Smash line anyhow.

The frequency of waves is definitely too intense to keep up with forever.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I went to GAME to preorder some of Wave 4 last week, and Charizard was the only one available. I'd say he's going to be The Common One from that wave.

Ness, on the other hand... (tried to preorder, but no luck)

H1PSTER

It's bad enough that GAME charge £15. IMO, retailers should never be charging 100% over the RRP - it makes them as bad as scalpers, if not worse.

£15 is silly I agree but with a lot of places charging £12-13 it doesn't seem as bad as £22.

But it's gotten to the point that they're pretty much lisenced scalpers. Shopto, Toys R Us, GAME al raising the price is them trying to squeeze more money.

They don't help organising artificial scarcity though.

Granted Nintendo is to blame for the most part for this current situation. But when I see 10+ eBay sellers each selling 10+ copies of - say - Villager for €50 each, I think that's still a whole lot worse than ShopTo charging €15 or even €20 for a Villager.

They don't help organising artificial scarcity though.

Granted Nintendo is to blame for the most part for this current situation. But when I see 10+ eBay sellers each selling 10+ copies of - say - Villager for €50 each, I think that's still a whole lot worse than ShopTo charging €15 or even €20 for a Villager.

But how does Shopto/GAME/Argos/Toys R Us raising the price at all benefit you in anyway?
It might be by a few Quid/Euroes but they have no reason to raise the price other than to try and get more money from us, with us not seeing the additional asking price value. What's to stop them from charging £/€40 for an Amiibo?

But how does Shopto/GAME/Argos/Toys R Us raising the price at all benefit you in anyway?
It might be by a few Quid/Euroes but they have no reason to raise the price other than to try and get more money from us, with us not seeing the additional asking price value. What's to stop them from charging £/€40 for an Amiibo?

You didn't really read what I said, did you? I said that scalpers are worse than ShopTo and the likes raising prices. As in "a more bad thing than other bad things".

Where did I say that it benefits me? It would only benefit me if ShopTo gave me some amiibos for free or something.

RiggyRob

Do Grainger Games sell amiibos at all? I've got £2 in vouchers spare and I'm wondering if I can use them to get an amiibo for ~£8.

artuuur

Neo Member
Well, let's try this.

Here are a list of amiibos I'm willing to trade if anyone has a spare Rosalina for me
  • Villager
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Marth
  • Shulk

All amiibos are new, EU versions and the box is in perfect condition. Will provide pictures to those who want them. Rosalina must be new and can be any version (EU, NA, JP)
I'm from Portugal and would like to trade with anyone inside the EU.
Thank you!

Damn these things, I thought I'd get just one, just Link cause he's my fave and now I got around 20 including rare ones like Rosalina and Villager.

You didn't really read what I said, did you? I said that scalpers are worse than ShopTo and the likes raising prices. As in "a more bad thing than other bad things".

Where did I say that it benefits me? It would only benefit me if ShopTo gave me some amiibos for free or something.

Yeah true. I just simply meant, I still disagree with Shopto raising the price even by £2. It's the lesser of two evils...but it's still annoying.

Cappa

Banned
Here in Spain it's impossible to find Amiibos period.

Whether it be Mario, Pikachu, Peach, Yoshi etc all the common ones they are near impossible.

I went to various (shitty) GAME stores and they all told me they didn't expect any stock soon and that the Mario Party line was already all sold out with pre-orders it's crazy.

I've been lucky between finding random Amiibos in stores and on Amazon Spain, I've collected 10 so far but the fact that I can't find the most common of the common Amiibos in stores is mind boggling to me and this in two of the biggest cities of Spain mind you (I live in Valencia and when I've visited Madrid I checked there too) stock is sold out pretty much everywhere... GAME, Corte Ingles, Carrefour, FNAC, Media Markt etc....

my biggest finds have been en Corte Ingles and Carrefour.... I have yet to see an Amiibo in any GAME or Media Markt

Whew, managed to find Rosalina, King Dedede and Meta Knight from Toys "R" Us over the weekend. They had none in the shelves but then I asked a clerk and she found one of each somewhere from the backroom.

It never hurts to ask!

Top Bottom