• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

The thing is, I actually just wanted a little shulk amiibo to put on my desk at work or whatever. But I preordered it ages ago. Now it's suddenly really hard to get hold of.

Don't know wether to open it or not basically?

I'm not sure what the problem is. You wanted it got it for your desk, you have it (or are getting it). Use it.

Or is this about thinking about re-selling it or something I missed?

It seems Toon Link is becoming a bit harder to find online and offline here.

I am sitting at 20/29 now, missing only Rosalina and Mac of the rare ones. Still have Shulk, DDD, Meta Knight and Villager for trade.

Anyone knows how to send packages relatively cheap inside spain or to the rest of europe? Ive been looking for a way but its all expensive as hell, even inside my country.

I have a toon link, a sonic and a megaman spare. Megaman and Sonic were an error from amazon.fr (I didnt remember to cancel my order in time), those cost me 16 euros each with shipping costs, so I could change them for a Marth, Kirby or Wiifit trainer amiibo, or sell them for that price (and what the shipment costs.
Then I have also a spare toon link that I bought from ebay for 20 euros, when i thought I was not going to find it in any store. Now that i have one I need to get rid of it. So same as the other two, change for one of the 3 (Marth, Kirby or Trainer) or sell it for 20 plus shipping costs (im sorry I cant sell this one cheaper, I just dont want to loose money).

If someone wants to do a change or is interested in the prices, just send me a PM.

ShopTo just exploded with Amiibo.

I missed out on Shulk and Little Mac.

But... I managed to get this.

Edit: I will trade her for a Little Mac.
Wow, well done! I tried to get the same Amiibos yesterday but it wouldn't let me go to the check out on my phone.

mitheor

Anyone knows how to send packages relatively cheap inside spain or to the rest of europe? Ive been looking for a way but its all expensive as hell, even inside my country.

I have a toon link, a sonic and a megaman spare. Megaman and Sonic were an error from amazon.fr (I didnt remember to cancel my order in time), those cost me 16 euros each with shipping costs, so I could change them for a Marth, Kirby or Wiifit trainer amiibo, or sell them for that price (and what the shipment costs.
Then I have also a spare toon link that I bought from ebay for 20 euros, when i thought I was not going to find it in any store. Now that i have one I need to get rid of it. So same as the other two, change for one of the 3 (Marth, Kirby or Trainer) or sell it for 20 plus shipping costs (im sorry I cant sell this one cheaper, I just dont want to loose money).

If someone wants to do a change or is interested in the prices, just send me a PM.

Have you tried with www.packlink.es?

It´s been a few months since my last shipment but iirc it was quite cheap.

I would love to take that Megaman if you are in Madrid (plus meeting another GAFer would be cool). Otherwise it's probably too much of a hassle to bother with shipping.

Fake edit: The missus just reminded me that we have people we know from Barcelona flying here on Monday, so if you are from there and could give it to them before then, that works too (they would give the money to you themselves).

H1PSTER

I'm still up for trading Rosalina for Little Mac.

Just thought I'd post it on a new page.

Edit:

I also have a spare Lucario to trade or sell.

Have you tried with www.packlink.es?

It´s been a few months since my last shipment but iirc it was quite cheap.

Just saw the cheapest one for 3,99.
Thanks for the link.

I would love to take that Megaman if you are in Madrid (plus meeting another GAFer would be cool). Otherwise it's probably too much of a hassle to bother with shipping.

Fake edit: The missus just reminded me that we have people we know from Barcelona flying here on Monday, so if you are from there and could give it to them before then, that works too (they would give the money to you themselves).

Just sent you a PM.

932Rqkz.jpg

Thanks so much to diddykong for the shulk ^0^.
- Kisses
Brain

Excuse the test worksheet, it's my sistersss.

Brian★;154810483 said:
Thanks so much to diddykong for the shulk ^0^.
- Kisses
Brain

Excuse the test worksheet, it's my sistersss.

No problem, I'm glad it got there safely and quickly! :D

...also wow. I never realised how awful my handwriting is xD A true programmer there lol

Thank you so much Spades.

I also recieved Rosalina today from ShopTo... I don't think I'll be able to trade her.

Dedede via Spades.

Rosalina via ShopTo.

Crease on Rosalina aside, annoyingly quite a few amiibo boxes do come a little unstuck at the glued down part (less than yours, though). My Fox, one of my Shulk's and one or two others are like that.

Thank you so much Spades.

I also recieved Rosalina today from ShopTo... I don't think I'll be able to trade her.

Dedede via Spades.

Rosalina via ShopTo.

Hey, if you don't want to keep one just because of a little box damage, there are still plenty of us desperate for opened ones.

H1PSTER

Crease on Rosalina aside, annoyingly quite a few amiibo boxes do come a little unstuck at the glued down part (less than yours, though). My Fox, one of my Shulk's and one or two others are like that.

I've had one with a crushed box before when buying from ToysRus. ShopTo have also, in the past, sent me two Lucario's when I ordered a Lucario and Shiek.

Hey, if you don't want to keep one just because of a little box damage, there are still plenty of us desperate for opened ones.

I bought her to hopefully trade towards Little Mac.

kubus

I bit the bullet and ordered a Shulk and Meta Knight from amazon.co.jp.

Everything together (S&H) it comes down to about €60 with express shipping so hopefully I'll have them at the end of next week (depending on how fast Tenso ships them out).

Shulk is pretty cheap on amazon Japan now (about €19, crazy) but Meta Knight is the real unicorn from this wave there (€26). Still, it's peanuts compared to what scalpers want for them over here.

I feel kinda gross for spending so much money on these two figures, but the Shulk amiibo is the main reason I started collecting these. He is my favorite and I really want him on my desk. So it was kind of heart crushing that he was impossible for me to get, despite having him pre-ordered in december :(.

JoeM86

Heard of people who ordered 2 of the same Super Mario Series amiibo on Nintendo UK Store inadvertently having their entire order cancelled.

A few people I know are understandably not happy.

Kyonashi

Oh my goddddd.

So I've mentioned in this thread before that I've done temp work for Nintendo at conventions before, and this month is MCM Birmingham in the UK.

I just received a nice call from the temp agency saying they'll have a wider collection of merchandise at this event including... Amiibos.

At EGX we literally had two shipping containers full of merchandise. I'm SALIVATING at the thought of shipping containers full of Rosalina and MK...

Is Ike rare? I only saw the one I bought during it's supposed release date but it's been restocked now, there are about 4 at a TRU close by. On the other hand, I haven't seen a single Shulk anywhere, I really wanted that one.

Is Ike rare? I only saw the one I bought during it's supposed release date but it's been restocked now, there are about 4 at a TRU close by. On the other hand, I haven't seen a single Shulk anywhere, I really wanted that one.

Yeah, hes really only rare in America. Shulk however didn't have enough stock to cover pre orders for some stores. You will have to either import one from japan or ask REALLY nicely to someone here to see if they are willing to do a deal.

artuuur

Neo Member
Yeah, hes really only rare in America. Shulk however didn't have enough stock to cover pre orders for some stores. You will have to either import one from japan or ask REALLY nicely to someone here to see if they are willing to do a deal.

You don't need to ask me nicely. Just trade me a Rosalina and we'll both be happy :D

I don't think so. I've seen Ike in the flesh a few times, anyway.

I think he's rare in America but not in Europe.

I thought so. Are the rares from the last wave Meta Knight, King Dedede and Shulk then? I was lucky to find a KD in that TRU.

I hope I can get Lucina & Robin in April.

I thought so. Are the rares from the last wave Meta Knight, King Dedede and Shulk then? I was lucky to find a KD in that TRU.

I hope I can get Lucina & Robin in April.

Yeah, D3, MK and where understocked in a lot of places. You will have trouble finding them out in the wild. Good on you getting D3 though.

You may also have trouble with getting Lucina and robin (Mainly due to half of them being shipped to America :( ) but some people hear may be able to other help there as well. Importing from japan however is probably one of your best chances.

Spades

EU Amiibros: I have a weekend challenge for you all!

C5Ro5Mg.png

Simply post a photo of your favourite Amiibo (one only!) in an interesting location!

Let's have some fun with our toys. ;)

mcmmaster

Oh my goddddd.

So I've mentioned in this thread before that I've done temp work for Nintendo at conventions before, and this month is MCM Birmingham in the UK.

I just received a nice call from the temp agency saying they'll have a wider collection of merchandise at this event including... Amiibos.

At EGX we literally had two shipping containers full of merchandise. I'm SALIVATING at the thought of shipping containers full of Rosalina and MK...

Nice, thanks for sharing the info! Was already contemplating on heading to MCM Expo in Birmingham this month but now i'm certain i'll be there. Guess i should go for Saturday instead of Sunday as i doubt the Amiibo stock will last long.

Also that's so awesome that you get to do work for Nintendo even if it is temp, kinda jealous lol

Oswen

I may have to resort to importing a japanese Shulk since I just can't find it anywhere for a decent price (and I've been looking since its release date!), having the preorder cancelled totally put me off guard.

Honestly, enthusiasm is very low now compared to some weeks ago, I decided to pass on Toon Link which I was planning to get last week and will end up skipping the entire Super Mario line, I will probably bail out soon.

H1PSTER

I just noticed that I have two Wario's preordered.

Are they going to be rare? Should I cancel it or do one of you guys want to buy it from me?

It would be about £12.50 including postage within the UK.

Mob

My wife wanted to join in, so here is Link, tending to Epona
(real name; Dakota)
!

CUYtPzl.jpg

z6VYJcb.jpg

W4gUnra.jpg

I've been feeling pretty disillusioned with amiibo the last few weeks after having multiple preorders and standard orders cancelled but these pics really made me smile! :)

Jofamo

I'd ordered a Zelda amiibo from 365games.co.uk last week when it came in stock again.

I understand 365games is an Australian company, that source a bunch of their stuff from Australia, which has worked to my advantage before (when I picked up a PAL New 3DS back in November).

However when I received my order on Friday, it was a USA Zelda that I recieved (no booklet, NOA details on the back).

Do Australians get USA amiibo as regular stock, instead of EU or even JP?

TheMoon

I'd ordered a Zelda amiibo from 365games.co.uk last week when it came in stock again.

I understand 365games is an Australian company, that source a bunch of their stuff from Australia, which has worked to my advantage before (when I picked up a PAL New 3DS back in November).

However when I received my order on Friday, it was a USA Zelda that I recieved (no booklet, NOA details on the back).

Do Australians get USA amiibo as regular stock, instead of EU or even JP?

NoAU announced recently that they would be sourcing amiibo from different regions to fill demand. It has nothing to do with the store.

Jofamo

NoAU announced recently that they would be sourcing amiibo from different regions to fill demand. It has nothing to do with the store.

That makes sense then. Still, I wonder why it'd be cost efficient for them to bother moving their stock from AUS to UK if Amiibo are in short enough supply in Australia as it is.

Spades

That makes sense then. Still, I wonder why it'd be cost efficient for them to bother moving their stock from AUS to UK if Amiibo are in short enough supply in Australia as it is.

Probably because there is no EU stock and they don't intend to manufacture any more.

Koren

I received two mails from FNAC today...

The first one said that my Dedede/Shulk order was delayed because it was taking a bit more time to get them from Nintendo (I don't expect to get them, actually, but I've yet to find them elsewhere* :/ )

The second one said that my Ness/Lucina/Robin order was delayed for the same reason. But I that I should expect them to ship in a couple of days.

They're *really* clueless...

Top Bottom