• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection launches on January 28, 2022 on PS5

Animated GIF

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I'm getting really sick of PlayStation trying to nickel and dime people for this kind of shit.

Well at least it's not Nintendo level $60 redo, the upgrade path isn't too bad. The bigger disappointment here is not doing the older games too.

Surprised they couldn't hit 4K 60fps with this game on PS5 via native port. I hope 60fps mode is at least higher than 1440p.

Chukhopops

Im surprised they’d actually allow the upgrade from one game into the full collection, that’s… a nice gesture?

I would never ever replay Uncharted 4 but might try to find TLL for cheap (it was sold for like 15€ new in Germany at some point).

engstra

51728813547_009dd31431_h.jpg

It should be both
Yea that's what I was saying. You get upgrade path for both but if you want to play the remaster version of both games, you need to own both games.

Edit: Oh actually I probably misread that. That's a pretty nice gesture then

Last edited:

Lupin25

This isn’t a bad offer.

Gonna be great to replay these masterpiece finales in 4K.

It’s nice to see 120 FPS as an option this time, hopefully there’s no apparent loss in visual fidelity.

No 4K/60 FPS tho, puzzling… as this isn’t a cross-gen upgrade…

I guess it makes sense not to allow the entire collection to PS+ owners, with UC4 being the only game offered in the past out of the two.

Although, I’d rather Sony include it as part of February’s PS+ selection instead.

I’ll take the free tickets. That way, I won’t have to regret spending anything if the movie sucks.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Are you really surprised by this? You can't upgrade Mortal Shell
We don't know this yet, or has it been confirmed? Mortal Shell is a free upgrade and was never a "paid for" one or path. Past games on Plus that had free upgrades were able to.
And you could upgrade Wreckfest to the PS5 version I believe. So it's picking and choosing which game can or can't do it, which becomes confusing.
The games literally ask you which version to download if there is a PS5 version.

Last edited:

NickFire

Sony is obviously doing well but starting to seem a little ungrateful IMO. No PS+ versions upgrades, a trial game as a holiday PS5 plus game, and very few next gen games that aren’t remasters so far. I’m not about to switch eco systems any time soon, but a little less treating customers this way would be appreciated at Christmas time.

Midn1ght

• Performance Mode – We carried over the high framerate PS4 patch with Performance Mode, which targets a 60fps frame rate.
Wait, when did the PS4 version get a frame rate patch?

Yeah I'm confused by this as well.

About the 60fps mode, it's probably 4K Checkerboard while the 30 fps in Native and the 120 fps is 1080p.
Why they don't say it? Probably some dumb PR reasons.

Or it's 1080p/60 but then...

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I should have not played the PS30 FPS edition
Same, lol. After playing the PS4 version, I should have just waited the year or so, but still enjoyed it nonetheless. Even more so with the 60fps playthrough.

Last edited:
Same, lol. After playing the PS4 version, I should have just waited the year or so, but still enjoyed it nonetheless. Even more so with the 60fps playthrough.
Is it just me or does 60fps add nothing to how enjoyable the game is. Playing Days Gone again at 60fps didn't make it any more fun or enjoyable to me. I actually thought it was a tiny bit worse since the animations just aren't good enough to look convincing at 60fps.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Is it just me or does 60fps add nothing to how enjoyable the game is. Playing Days Gone again at 60fps didn't make it any more fun or enjoyable to me. I actually thought it was a tiny bit worse since the animations just aren't good enough to look convincing at 60fps.
I guess it depends on the game. Demon's Souls it makes for far more enjoyment due to the precision of the gameplay compared to the OG.

And those visuals at 60fps, my goodness!

drotahorror

If you have both games this should be free. No way I'm paying $10 for 60/120fps.

I knew they would omit the MP. I was thinking, this'll be the first Sony game with a full fledged MP mode on PC. Nope.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I bought both of them before they went on PS+ and I was so pissed. Now I'm saving money years later. Good news for me 😁

Sony is obviously doing well but starting to seem a little ungrateful IMO. No PS+ versions upgrades, a trial game as a holiday PS5 plus game

It's on the PS Collection so everybody would just pay the $10 and then cancel PS+

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
10 bucks is good, I was expecting fully price, since it's "long enough from the intial release".

Fuck I remember paying full price for TLoU and then again for TLoU PS4. I should have not played the PS30 FPS edition
I traded in the PS3 version and got $40 for it. Then Bought the PS4 version, beat the game on survivor+ and traded that in as well.

A few years later, Sony had it on sale for something crazy like $5.99. Bought that to play the PS4 Pro patch lol

Hunnybun

I dont know of any native 1080p 30 fps game on the PS4 that runs at native 4k 60 fps. The native 4k 60 fps modes you are getting are basically dynamic 4k that hover around 1440p 60 fps. The PS5 is only 5x more powerful than the PS4 in tflops count, and maybe 6x more powerful with all the IPC gains. To get a 1080p 30 fps game running at 4x the resolution and 2x the framerate you need something closer to 8x or 16 tflops.

Wasn't it meant to be more like 8-9x more powerful after IPC gains? Actually, it's more than 5.5x increase just in pure tflops (5 x 1.8 is 9tf...).

I wish they'd put some proper effort into this - I was playing Uncharted 4 last weekend and the game has aged badly. The textures in particular look so low res and ugly. It defo could've done with a fresh coat of paint.

Bramble

We don't know this yet, or has it been confirmed? Mortal Shell is a free upgrade and was never a "paid for" one or path. Past games on Plus that had free upgrades were able to.

The games literally ask you which version to download if there is a PS5 version.
I saw some dude on Twitter tried. He could only buy the PS5 version.

I bought both of them before they went on PS+ and I was so pissed. Now I'm saving money years later. Good news for me 😁

It's on the PS Collection so everybody would just pay the $10 and then cancel PS+

Yes and then what? Without an active PS+ subscription you wouldn't have access anyway.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I traded in the PS3 version and got $40 for it. Then Bought the PS4 version, beat the game on survivor+ and traded that in as well.

A few years later, Sony had it on sale for something crazy like $5.99. Bought that to play the PS4 Pro patch lol
I bought the PS3 version, for some unknown reason digitally, so good ol' Sony told me to suck it up with PS4 version.

SlimySnake

Sony is obviously doing well but starting to seem a little ungrateful IMO. No PS+ versions upgrades, a trial game as a holiday PS5 plus game, and very few next gen games that aren’t remasters so far. I’m not about to switch eco systems any time soon, but a little less treating customers this way would be appreciated at Christmas time.
Did you see that the GTA3 remaster on PS Now cant even be downloaded? Stream only. I dont know whats going on over at Sony, but they need a major shake up. This is not the pro-consumer/pro gamer company I had come to love after the PS3 launch debacle. They remind of the PS2 era Sony. A bit out of touch. And for a lack of a better term, a bit too japanese. Western companies have adopted the Amazon mantra of keeping the customer happy. Apple, Valve, Amazon, and especially Microsoft now go out of their way to keep their consumers happy. I dont get that from Sony even though the Playstation headquarters are now next to Silicon Valley.

Getting refunds on PSN is next to impossible. During the pandemic, i couldnt even get to their customer support. Forget phone calls, not even emails or chat. Everyone was swamped during those early years but after a few hours of wait time, you could get through to pretty much every company. Sony was the exception. Their gamers come first mantra was the one thing that set them apart from the competition. Shu handing Adam Boyes a copy of a video game, and Sony refusing to entertain always online and tv focus had me convinced that they really cared about the 'perception' gamers had of them. Those days are long gone which sucks because they have never been more profitable.

omegasc

Last edited:

Ammogeddon

So let me get this right as I’m thick as mince…..

I own UC4 on digital but never bought Lost Legacy. So I if I pay $10 I get both games as part of the collection?

KAL2006

Banned
So let me get this right as I’m thick as mince…..

I own UC4 on digital but never bought Lost Legacy. So I if I pay $10 I get both games as part of the collection?

Yeah but according to people in this thread this is an insult.

Basically paying $10 you get to upgrade a game and get another game for free, just as long as you own one copy of either Lost Legacy or Uncharted 4.

yurinka

Bluepoint need to patch Nathan Drake Collection. A simple resolution upgrade would do as those games are already 60fps.
Seem that when releasing a native PS5 title, it's mandatory to implement 3D audio, adaptative triggers, shorter loading times and haptic feedback. So we'd get these things in adition to the resolution boost. But I assume it may not be enough for many players, so they would have to consider some extra stuff like 120Hz mode and / or enhaced visuals.

So going the Nintendo route of rereleasing everything and charging for it.

Can't say I'm a fan.
If you have Lost Legacy and not Uncharted 4, for $10 they give you its next gen upgraded version and one of the best games of the generation. Different than what Nintendo does.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So, I can pick up a cheap disk version of Uncharted 4 used and just pay the 10 dollars to get both games digitally?

SlimySnake

Wasn't it meant to be more like 8-9x more powerful after IPC gains? Actually, it's more than 5.5x increase just in pure tflops (5 x 1.8 is 9tf...).

I wish they'd put some proper effort into this - I was playing Uncharted 4 last weekend and the game has aged badly. The textures in particular look so low res and ugly. It defo could've done with a fresh coat of paint.
10.23 / 1.84 = 5.55x.

The IPC gains are around 50% from GCN 1.0 to Polaris to RDNA. So yes, you are looking at 15 tflops which is 8x but we have simply not seen those IPC gains materialize in games so far. I am guessing the memory bandwidth limitations are a factor or perhaps 4k 60 fps simply requires more horsepower than just a 1:1 increase in tflops or raw GPU horsepower. Someone posted a graph a few weeks ago that showed how going from 1080p 60 fps to 4k 60 fps requires more than 4x GPU raw power.

Dane

50 bucks? I can find each for 15 or less, and they constantly go on sale, U4 was even given last year on the pandemic and was also a PS+ title and that doesn't have the upgrade option.

Top Bottom