• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unofficial MORTAL KOMBAT: ARMAGEDDON (Wii) thread/impressions

GrayFoxPL

GameTrailers review.

They say that:
Graphics are downgraded compared to ps2/xbox o_O.
There's screen tearing in intro in progresive scan mode o_O.
The waggle controls suck donkey balls o_O.

Hmm, godfather and The world is yours on wii seem the best versions of last gen games.
This one isn't it seems.

But gt reviews suck in 50% of thet time, so take that how you want :p.

fernoca

GrayFoxPL said:
GameTrailers review.

They say that:
Graphics are downgraded compared to ps2/xbox o_O.
There's screen tearing in intro in progresive scan mode o_O.
The waggle controls suck donkey balls o_O.

Hmm, godfather and The world is yours on wii seem the best versions of last gen games.
This one isn't it seems.

But gt reviews suck in 50% of thet time, so take that how you want :p.

Graphics are downgraded compared to ps2/xbox?
-Better than the PS2 version at 480p
-Exactly like the Xbox version at 480p
-Not as good as the Xbox version at 720p

There's screen tearing in intro in progresive scan mode?
-Yep, but not as bad as they seem to mention it. Just some frames are skipped at the beginning but barely noticeable (I noticed it like the 4th time I put the game..and I have played and watched teh intro a trillion times already on the PS2 and Xbox, so is not like I needed to watch it the first time... less the other 3 times after..hehehehe)

The waggle controls suck donkey balls?
-Nope, they are the ones that suck...hehehe..they (Probably) did the motions to quickly or let go the B button to early or pressed it to early..I mean, heck..a freaking picture appears on the screen if you're doing the gesture wrong, indictation how when you're supposed to let go teh B button (etc.)

Never played a MK after the fourth one. Something about the dropping of the title number and no arcade release always made subsequent games in the series not seem like "real" MK games, if you get the drift. How do they play now? I heard the games are controlled completely differently these days, I'm curious.

fernoca

Mariah Carey said:
Never played a MK after the fourth one. Something about the dropping of the title number and no arcade release always made subsequent games in the series not seem like "real" MK games, if you get the drift. How do they play now? I heard the games are controlled completely differently these days, I'm curious.

No that different...in some ways:
-There's still a Block button.
-There's a Style Change button
-There's a Throw button
-There are 4 attack buttons (like the previous games), just that they are named 1, 2, 3, 4. They all vary depending on the Fighting Style, some styels are all kicks, somes are all punch, some mixed, some are weapon based, some of the weapon based use punches and kicks..things like that.

Subsequent games added more stuff from the "klassic" games like more special moves and stage fatalities and stuff..
Armageddon played more like the original games..with added stuff like Aerial Kombat, which basically lets you start a combo on the ground and finish it on the air..

Most people, though complain that the fighting mechanics are not "deep enough", since each character even though they have their own styles, each styles is composed of a set of specific moves, unlike Virtua Fighter 5.

But still, the game is fun..so at least you should rent it..and see if you like it.
Or get Deadlly Alliance or Deception for cheap and if you like it, get Armageddon.

Mariah Carey said:
Each character has diferent fighting styles and weapons that they can change during the combat. Has for the fighting itself it's too much focused on string combos and it's broken.

Kingpen

Just a quick question for those of you that have it. I can't figure out how to do random select with the wiimote on the character select screen. It used to be Up and Start I believe in the old games....

Has anyone been able to do this?

fernoca

Kingpen said:
Just a quick question for those of you that have it. I can't figure out how to do random select with the wiimote on the character select screen. It used to be Up and Start I believe in the old games....

Has anyone been able to do this?

Analog Stick Up and + Button (at the same time) [while aiming at the screen at Scorpion] :)

Kingpen

cool thanks a lot. I'm getting a lot of milage with this game now. Since I did konquest before, I'm skipping it for a rainy day this time. I've just been playing arcade/endurance mode to get koins for extra stages/ costumes. Got all the stages and about 1/3 of the costumes so far.

I'm getting pretty good at the wiimote fatality system. It is getting easier to pull off what I want.

I pulled off a pretty funny one where after pulling off a few moves, I ripped off Kintaro's arms (just one set - don't know if you can do both but that would be cool) and then used those arms to uppercut off his head to finish the fatality. I'm glad they let you do fatalities on the boss characters in this.....

fernoca

Yeah is cool..some of the fatalities are funny because you see the character removing "something"..yet you don't knwo what the fudge he just removed. :lol

Though you can only remove 2 sets of arms to 4-armed characters..

I mostly play it just to get koins to buy stuff for the characters I'm creating..hehehe..

fernoca

Total Mortal Kombat released recently a really in-depth video-review of the Wii version, divided in 3 parts.

Not only he explains and shows the best settings and conditions to play the game..and how to perform moves and Fatalities....

Really great work, considering is his first video review ever...

Top Bottom