The closed beta for character-based first-person tactical shooter Valorant will begin on April 7 in North America, Europe, Russia, and Turkey, developer Riot Games announced. It will roll out to other parts of the world in the months thereafter.
Here is an overview of the game and closed beta, via its official website:
Be the First
Want in on the Valorant Closed Beta? Get a Riot account, link it with a Twitch account, and watch streams for a chance to get in.
Where Precise Gunplay Matters
Here’s what we think it takes for you to trust a game enough to invest: 128-tick servers, at least 30 frames per second on most min-spec computers (even dating back a decade), 60 to 144-plus frames per second on modern gaming rigs, a global spread of datacenters aimed at <35ms for players in major cities around the world, a netcode we’ve been obsessing over for years, and a commitment to anti-cheat from day one.
Shooting in Valorant is precise, consequential, and highly-lethal – we want you to win on your skill and strategy alone.
…But Creativity is Your Greatest Weapon
Imagine this: tactical shooter meets hypernatural powers. Everyone’s got guns and a unique set of abilities, so how do you beat someone with the speed of wind? Use your own moves to outplay them and beat them to the shot. Valorant is a game for bold strategists who dare to make the unexpected play, because if it wins, it works.
01. When does Valorant launch?
02. How do I get into the Closed Beta?
03. In what regions will Valorant be available to play?
- Register for a Riot Games account.
- Link your account to your Twitch account (don’t have one? Create one here).
- Watch certain Valorant streams on Twitch for a chance to get access.
Valorant is starting its rolling Closed Beta on April 7, beginning with Canada, United States, Turkey, Russia, and Europe. We’ll roll out to other parts of the world in the months thereafter.
04. Is Valorant going to be free to play?
Valorant is entirely free to play, but you can purchase in-game cosmetics.
05. Can I run Valorant on my PC?
Valorant is optimized to perform on a wide variety of PC hardware, allowing for a global audience to compete
06. Can you guarantee I’ll have 35ms of ping or less?
- Minimum Spec – 30 frames per second:
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
- GPU: Intel HD 3000
- Recommended Spec – 60 frames per second:
- CPU: Intel i3-4150
- GPU: Geforce GT 730
- High-end Spec – 144+ frames per second:
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz
- GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
- PC hardware requirements:
- Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- 4GB RAM
- 1GB of VRAM
No guarantees. While we’re trying to get data centers up all around the world to maintain low latency for all Valorant players, we know there are some places we just can’t get a datacenter close enough, which means your ping may be higher. This could either be because there aren’t enough players where you are, or it’s difficult to get a physical datacenter established in that region (security issues, political stability, etc).
Riot Games presents VALORANT: a 5v5 character-based tactical FPS where precise gunplay meets unique agent abilities. Learn about VALORANT and its stylish cast