• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

I showed my wife a few of the Hololive EN girls and she liked them. I mentioned I heard Hachaama on the Japanese side was a bit crazy and she decided to look her up. Now my wife watches Haachama and Pekora all day.

Personally been watching Gura and Botan while working, they're my go to chill streamers.

oh well why not watch one more stream saying this after 3 hours of Ame x Gura

Haachama collab is in 2.5 hours not days away almost missed it!

Last edited:
AME got disconnected near the end of the stream as expected and Haachama's Switch died. What do these girls do with those Switches?

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Chill , I don't think anyone other than the stalker types care about their real life info. I don't think it's weird to be curious about someone's earlier works or roles before they became famous, there are tv shows like "Before They Were Stars" that do exactly that.

For example Ina drew this in about 20 min on stream while chatting and interacting with her audience. I'm no expert but this screams professional-level artist along with her $2k+ tablet and drawing equipment. I don't think it's weird to be curious where she came from and wanting to see her other artwork. I don't care about her real name or whatever, I wanna know what other projects she has worked on.

ina-drawing-Copy.png

... You're doing this on purpose lol Yeah the two open secrets are Gura and Coco's old channels.

Lol, mate. I am chill. You are the one who needs to chill out if you got so defensive over an innocuous post :p

Labolas

Yeah Polka definitely was the MVP of the EN/JP stream. You could tell she really was having a blast interacting with the EN members. Polka I feel is the dark horse of Gen 5.

Also glad that Miko is back.

Haachama is trying so hard to make herself a member of EN and I hope she gets a pass to be official. But her new twintails being twitchie with her eye blinks is very distracting.

I really like Calli's old raps from her old life :( but I can't buy her EPs can only stream them on apple music but I don't want to sub to apple or any other stream platforms ugh

I also hope that Gura will create original songs and raps again someday. She is really good at that.

Last edited:

Radical Socks

Gold Member
I'm running a short survey + giveaway on vtubers and their fans in Gaming:

:messenger_fire: one member of the community will receive a pre-order to Cyberpunk 2077 on Steam :messenger_grinning: :messenger_fire:

I'm running a short survey + giveaway on vtubers and their fans in Gaming:

:messenger_fire: one member of the community will receive a pre-order to Cyberpunk 2077 on Steam :messenger_grinning: :messenger_fire:

this survey just made me want to become a vtuber more and more

I got to find a way to pay for my shrimping habits

Dacon

Banned
I feel like the the En Hololive girls are trying to emulate the jp girls too much and it just winds up sounding kinda cringy.

I feel like the the En Hololive girls are trying to emulate the jp girls too much and it just winds up sounding kinda cringy.
honestly I've been feeling it the other way around, I felt like the JP girls caught EN fever and been dragging their fans into English Only streams
Ame is too cute to be cringy even her your momma jokes tend to land just fine.

bonus easter egg from the end of the stream

Dacon

Banned
honestly I've been feeling it the other way around, I felt like the JP girls caught EN fever and been dragging their fans into English Only streams

The JP girls were doing english only streams long before Hololive En was a thing dude.
Ame is too cute to be cringy even her your momma jokes tend to land just fine.

It's cool that you like her dude and I'm not gonna put you down for that. For me all of these en girls seem to lack their own identity and do whatever they can to emulate the way the JP girls behave, right down to the inflections on their speech and the way they giggle.

I don't think it's for me, esp this Ame girl, those CSGO clips were pretty cringy.

The JP girls were doing english only streams long before Hololive En was a thing dude.

It's cool that you like her dude and I'm not gonna put you down for that. For me all of these en girls seem to lack their own identity and do whatever they can to emulate the way the JP girls behave, right down to the inflections on their speech and the way they giggle.

I don't think it's for me, esp this Ame girl, those CSGO clips were pretty cringy.
EN only happened because there was a need for it based on the many early english only streams so yeah I am aware but most of them right now feel like reminding the fans they are part of HololiveEN

I don't really see what the fuss is about with the EN girls hate, they work for Hololive and have mostly weebs as fans if they were not a bit anime they might not have a job. I don't think you need to be so hard on EN just because they do it in english, it is more like you have a SUB vs DUB war in your head right now. Just enjoy what you like.

Not really that big of a deal, Coco spends half her time explaining english meme and shitposts to her JP bros. I think both sides vibe well with each other.

Dacon

Banned
I don't really see what the fuss is about with the EN girls hate, they work for Hololive and have mostly weebs as fans if they were not a bit anime they might not have a job. I don't think you need to be so hard on EN just because they do it in english, it is more like you have a SUB vs DUB war in your head right now. Just enjoy what you like.

Couple of things to break down here.

No one said they hated anything, you don't need to kneejerk to defense here.

The rest about "SUB vs DUB" is pure nonsense and I have no idea how you managed to extrapolate that from criticism of these people emulating jp actors instead of developing their own identity. They are incredibly derivative from what I've seen, and I just don't find that appealing.

I don't really care much about whatever language they're speaking, after all I had to watch the JP girls cringy english streams(the only one who does these well imo is Coco) to know about them.

Couple of things to break down here.

No one said they hated anything, you don't need to kneejerk to defense here.

The rest about "SUB vs DUB" is pure nonsense and I have no idea how you managed to extrapolate that from criticism of these people emulating jp actors instead of developing their own identity. They are incredibly derivative from what I've seen, and I just don't find that appealing.

I don't really care much about whatever language they're speaking, after all I had to watch the JP girls cringy english streams(the only one who does these well imo is Coco) to know about them.

Eh... Seriously you are the only one trying to shitpost a wholesome thing, not a big deal to me. I don't have to defend anything about EN, most of the EN vtubers have many years of history doing their own thing before hololive, they just happen to be fans of the Japanese anime culture or music before they became a vtuber for Hololive.

Your criticism just seems ignorant of the fact that these EN girls were already part of the JP fanbase as a whole they are not imitating as far as they are just old ass otaku level geeks. Everything about Gura, Ame, Calli, Ina, and Kiara come from the a JP loving fan culture, from anime, music, to cosplay. If that is cringy to you, you would cringe at Japanese anime too. It is part of the same fanbase.

Gura right now has a label of DUM floating over her head, if you are looking for JP hololive vs En hololive, sorry to say all the memes carry over they are pretty much the same team of people who follow the same themes and threads of jokes. It stops being imitation when they work for the same company and following the same structure and collab often.

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
Eh... Seriously you are the only one trying to shitpost a wholesome thing, not a big deal to me.

"Shitpost" lmfao are you serious? I saw something and I gave my opinion of it. If it's not a big deal, you don't have to resort to accusing someone of shitposting because they don't share the same opinion you do.

I don't have to defend anything about EN

Yet you chose to do so anyway.
Gura right now has a label of DUM floating over her head, if you are looking for JP hololive vs En hololive, sorry to say all the memes carry over they are pretty much the same team of people who follow the same themes and threads of jokes. It stops being imitation when they work for the same company and following the same structure and collab often.

I'm not "looking" for anything, I saw a thing and I gave my opinion on it. You're the one who took issue with my post and decided to run with it pal.

The girls feel derivative and cringy compared to the JP girls they seem to be emulating, that's just how I feel and I'm sorry that seems to disappoint you.

It's fine if you think Ame's CS:GO clips are cringey. Everyone's got their own taste and the various vtubers are different, just like any streamer. Like, personally I don't find most of the JP streamers interesting and that's fine. I just don't spend time shitting on them, as I don't expect myself to get someone who's japanese and the character they play and shitting on them would just be ignorantly rude. While I can enjoy Amelia because she's just literally your typical millenial gamer, much like me. She gets salty over losses, playing them up even more just for fun, she listens to ska punk, she's well apt in internet culture being old enough to experience most of it. Generally cringing at the Hololive EN girls is basically like cringing at yourself, because they're generally just gamers and/or weebs. Not wanting that is fine, but honestly "I cringe" is in itself become such a childish and "cringeworthy" aspect of internet culture the last few years.

That you feel like they lack their own identity is a bit weird though, because some of these are basically who they were before hololive, just with a character backstory added to them. I can thank YouTube algorithm and people searching for the vtubers former personas for knowing that. And giggles? Most of their giggles are typical bad dying animal laughs that are prevalent all over western society. It's not like they are going for pekora laughs or some shit like that or some anime-ish ojou-sama laugh "HO! HO! HO!". A quick search on youtube revealed minutes of reels of their giggles, as well as a big video of Hololive JP girls giggles. That much in itself should point to how ridiculous such a comparison is.

Dacon

Banned
It's fine if you think Ame's CS:GO clips are cringey. Everyone's got their own taste and the various vtubers are different, just like any streamer. Like, personally I don't find most of the JP streamers interesting and that's fine. I just don't spend time shitting on them, as I don't expect myself to get someone who's japanese and the character they play and shitting on them would just be ignorantly rude. While I can enjoy Amelia because she's just literally your typical millenial gamer, much like me. She gets salty over losses, playing them up even more just for fun, she listens to ska punk, she's well apt in internet culture being old enough to experience most of it. Generally cringing at the Hololive EN girls is basically like cringing at yourself, because they're generally just gamers and/or weebs. Not wanting that is fine, but honestly "I cringe" is in itself become such a childish and "cringeworthy" aspect of internet culture the last few years.

That you feel like they lack their own identity is a bit weird though, because some of these are basically who they were before hololive, just with a character backstory added to them. I can thank YouTube algorithm and people searching for the vtubers former personas for knowing that. And giggles? Most of their giggles are typical bad dying animal laughs that are prevalent all over western society. It's not like they are going for pekora laughs or some shit like that or some anime-ish ojou-sama laugh "HO! HO! HO!". A quick search on youtube revealed minutes of reels of their giggles, as well as a big video of Hololive JP girls giggles. That much in itself should point to how ridiculous such a comparison is.

This post is pretty cringe holy shit.

Not liking some particular anime youtuber is serious business.

"Shitpost" lmfao are you serious? I saw something and I gave my opinion of it. If it's not a big deal, you don't have to resort to accusing someone of shitposting because they don't share the same opinion you do.

Yet you chose to do so anyway.

I'm not "looking" for anything, I saw a thing and I gave my opinion on it. You're the one who took issue with my post and decided to run with it pal.

The girls feel derivative and cringy compared to the JP girls they seem to be emulating, that's just how I feel and I'm sorry that seems to disappoint you.

Like I said before enjoy what you like, no one is trying to gatekeep your ass out of it. I'm glad you like JP Hololive so do I. I just have a cringy reaction to your cringy reaction about English speaking vtubers trying to be JP anime lol.

You cringe because you don't know the history or you don't come from the fanbase. Not a big deal enjoy yourself.

Dacon

Banned
Like I said before enjoy what you like, no one is trying to gatekeep your ass out of it. I'm glad you like JP Hololive so do I. I just have a cringy reaction to your cringy reaction about English speaking vtubers trying to be JP anime lol.

Boy that's some silly shit to be elitist about dude. Even if someone was trying to "gatekeep" me out of something I wouldn't give two shits about it, you're the one who had the issue.

You cringe because you don't know the history or you don't come from the fanbase. Not a big deal enjoy yourself.

I cringe because I don't like it, that's all there is to it. I've been following maybe 2 or 3 vtubers for a few years now, if that means I'm not a part of the fanbase, well boo hoo for me. That doesn't disqualify me from having an opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom