• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Want to learn how to use a lightsaber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/22/you-too-can-become-a-jedi-at-lightsaber-school

For many Star Wars fans, it's been a lifelong dream to wield a lightsaber and master the combat of a more civilized age. Now, thanks to one determined fan, you can make those dreams a reality.

Alain Bloch, a 32-year-old San Francisco-based software engineer and lifelong devotee of the epic space saga, came up with the idea to start his very own combat choreography school designed around the Jedi and Sith weapon.
lat-bcpix-wre0008351588-20130210.jpg

http://www.sabercombat.com/

Yea, I really don't have many words for this.

FStop7

Banned
I always wondered why nobody would ever simply turn their lightsaber off when someone takes a big swing at their blade. The person swinging would be thrown off balance when they whiff and then you could just turn you blade back on and stab them.

Cool weapon in movies but it's one of those things where the more you think about it the more you realize it's dumb.

I always wondered why nobody would ever simply turn their lightsaber off when someone takes a big swing at their blade. The person swinging would be thrown off balance when they whiff and then you could just turn you blade back on and stab them.

Cool weapon in movies but it's one of those things where the more you think about it the more you realize it's dumb.

If turning off the weapon during a big swing would cause them to miss you, they never were going to hit you in the first place and it was a bad move to begin with on their part as they were aiming at your weapon and not you. Swords hitting each other should only be to deflect a damaging blow, not just randomly hitting each others blade like in the movies

If there's a market for this, why the hell not?

This is no different than cosplay or LARP or anything else. Just because I would never do it doesn't mean it's not cool for other people.

Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom