• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Series Community Thread | Analyzing the complexities of Square and Triangle

Aerocrane

Does anyone know how the Vita version of Warriors Orochi 3 is performance-wise? The port of Dynasty Warriors 8 was pretty terrible and if it's as bad I'll skip it.

Looks like we have a new friend joining us with Dragon Quest Heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YebkU-6ILLE&list=UU6SmH9mR82nj28_NNg_rZvA

Easily the best looking game I've seen in the genre. Hyrule looked good, but it just seemed very flat to me. Really looking forward to it.

weird that they are not calling it Dragon Quest Warriors :D

and atleast they can get some mileage out of the Hyrule Warriors style by doing a paletteswap about it for other systems!
"It's not a Musou game (^-^)/"
8RiLyTk.png

slaps-2.gif

Hystzen

Finally got round seeing Xun Yu design for empires and not digging it. Could be because I'm bitter we didn't get Cheng Pu or Yan Yan (wanted Yan Yan more for team old bros with Huang Zhong)

cripterion

Still pissed about buying DW8 on Vita cause it sounds and runs like crap and on PS4 it's technically not good and these liars never released the Japanese voice pack...Best believe I won't be fooled again.
To me they are just milking this for all it's worth so while I used to enjoy myself with a few titles, I totally understand all the shit this series get from its critics.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Still pissed about buying DW8 on Vita cause it sounds and runs like crap and on PS4 it's technically not good and these liars never released the Japanese voice pack...Best believe I won't be fooled again.
To me they are just milking this for all it's worth so while I used to enjoy myself with a few titles, I totally understand all the shit this series get from its critics.

???

Just got WO3U for PS4 today. I had the vanilla version on PS3, so I planned on importing my saved data. However, WO3 PS3's update for cross-saving isn't up yet. I checked when I got home from picking up WO3U and it is updated to the latest version, but there isn't an option to upload the save data to PSN yet.

I wonder when the latest version will be released. Hopefully it will appear after the PSN store is updated today.

Can we take a save from the ps3 version of Ultimate to the ps4 version or is the transfer only from Vanilla ps3 to Ultimate ps4?

It should be like DW8's system.

So yes, you can upload a save from any of the PS Ultimate versions and use it on any of the other PS Ultimate versions.

The only problem so far is that the patch for uploading the data from the vanilla PS3 version to this network isn't out yet so the only real way (unless the patch comes out today) to take your vanilla save to the Ultimate version is to buy the PS3 Ultimate and then upload it from there.

jg4xchamp

Don't care for this genre, have never enjoyed what I've played of it, but Sengoku Basara 4 sounds like something I'd be into. Chances of that making it to America?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Don't care for this genre, have never enjoyed what I've played of it, but Sengoku Basara 4 sounds like something I'd be into. Chances of that making it to America?

Zero. Capcom has given up on Basara in the West.

Sad, too, since I have Basara 4 and can safely say it's a really great game.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So I've never did get around to finishing Bladestorm did the game end up with you battling a dragon o_O?
Bladestorm PS4 PV
http://youtu.be/NU46EqHDVX0

Oh yeah, that's pretty sweet. I played the demo of Bladestorm on PS3, and I thought it was interesting and kinda fun, but I never heard much in the way of Warriors series fan's opinions on the game, so I passed. I might give the game a proper visit on PS4.

Youtube comments give me the impression that the Dragon is new.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Cross-posting to this thread:

I got the PS4 Sengoku Musou 4 yesterday. It is by far the best-looking musou game to date (I have not played Hyrule Warriors yet, though) and the PS4 enhancements are pretty noticeable. The models and lighting/effects are much-improved over the already-awesome PS3 version. I also noticed some nice new effects like slight character reflections on rain-slicked ground. Like DW8XL, there's more enemies on-screen and no enemy pop-in. The frame rate seems about the same as the PS3 version, which is fine since it was already pretty stable. This is by far the definitive version of the game.

Here's 20 screen captures at 1920x1080.

Also for comparison, here's Dynasty Warriors 8XL and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. Note that the DW8 picture is from before the patch, which allows the background fog effect to be toned down/turned off. Really shows how lazy Koei was with WO3U.

And here's the Vita version and the PS4 versions:

U1XLhy3.jpg

15159207025_885f16b281_b.jpg

Lyte Edge

I've also been playing Chou Jigen Action: Neptune U, which is a musou version of the Hyper Dimension Neptunia RPG series, where game consoles are represented by anime girls. It's weird n' wacky.

The game is basically Senran Kagura with Neptunia characters (Tamsoft is the developer and seems to be using the same engine as Shinovi Versus), right down to armor breaking being represented by clothes getting torn off. You can take up to two characters into battles and switch in and out at any time. There's a slight delay when switching -a brief 'teleport' animation plays- but it doesn't stop combos from continuing. The game's look, menus, and even some of its play mechanics are straight out of the RPG series. I also got Neptunia Re;Birth with this game and the two look and feel very similar to one another in a lot of ways. There's RPG-style equipment upgrading present, too.

I love the bizarre enemy choices. There's just something awesome about beating up on evil Tetris blocks and even the pipes from Super Mario Bros. Could do without the loliesque designs on a lot of the characters. Not my thing. Fun game though.

Ooooh thanks Lyte Edge can't wait for the western release, getting the PS4 on Tuesday so looking forward to SW4 a lot.

How's the framerate in fire stages like for Honnō-ji Incident battle? Heard the PS4 version of DW8 dipped like crazy ala the PS3 version.

Lyte Edge

Ooooh thanks Lyte Edge can't wait for the western release, getting the PS4 on Tuesday so looking forward to SW4 a lot.

How's the framerate in fire stages like for Honnō-ji Incident battle? Heard the PS4 version of DW8 dipped like crazy ala the PS3 version.

SW4 generally has pretty stable framerates on all stages...on all platforms. It runs great on PS3, PS4, and Vita. Koei's best musou IMO. :)

Lyte Edge

Oh, forgot to mention that all of the DLC is already up for the PS4 version on J-PSN. The game also comes with a code for all the SW1 characters' SW1 costumes.

Hystzen

Is Mitsuhides story still butchered like it was in 3 due to motochika popping up and ruining the whole conflict with mitsuhide being loyal but not believing in his lord

I've also been playing Chou Jigen Action: Neptune U, which is a musou version of the Hyper Dimension Neptunia RPG series, where game consoles are represented by anime girls. It's weird n' wacky.

The game is basically Senran Kagura with Neptunia characters (Tamsoft is the developer and seems to be using the same engine as Shinovi Versus), right down to armor breaking being represented by clothes getting torn off. You can take up to two characters into battles and switch in and out at any time. There's a slight delay when switching -a brief 'teleport' animation plays- but it doesn't stop combos from continuing. The game's look, menus, and even some of its play mechanics are straight out of the RPG series. I also got Neptunia Re;Birth with this game and the two look and feel very similar to one another in a lot of ways. There's RPG-style equipment upgrading present, too.

I love the bizarre enemy choices. There's just something awesome about beating up on evil Tetris blocks and even the pipes from Super Mario Bros. Could do without the loliesque designs on a lot of the characters. Not my thing. Fun game though.

That looks like something I'd enjoy. Is it Vita only and is it getting a release outside of Japan do you know? Otherwise I'll import myself a copy, I didn't realise it was already out...

Lyte Edge

Is Mitsuhides story still butchered like it was in 3 due to motochika popping up and ruining the whole conflict with mitsuhide being loyal but not believing in his lord

The stories are done better in 4, but it still ends in pretty much the same way.

God Naotora looks dumb ugh

Thanks for the screens! :D

I guess they needed a scantily-clad character to make up for Nene's changed design. She's pretty fun to use, though. Really fast.

The character's personality is like the exact opposite of how she is presented in Sengoku Basara 4, LOL. I like the way the Basara 4 version plays more, too.

That looks like something I'd enjoy. Is it Vita only and is it getting a release outside of Japan do you know? Otherwise I'll import myself a copy, I didn't realise it was already out...

Vita-only and Japanese-only for now. Can totally see it being localized...they even brought out Neptunia PP in English! If you do import it, you may want to play on a Japanese PSN account since they are putting up bonus quests for 100 yen each.

Vita-only and Japanese-only for now. Can totally see it being localized...they even brought out Neptunia PP in English! If you do import it, you may want to play on a Japanese PSN account since they are putting up bonus quests for 100 yen each.

Sweet, thanks. I might take a punt and import the game in that case if I can find it for a decent price after finishing Akiba's Trip.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm this close to importing Basara 4. I've been watching Sakon gameplay videos, and he looks so different than anything I've seen in a Koei or Basara game.

But I just KNOW there's gonna be a 4 Utage/Heroes equivalent. Probably on PS4 at that.

I'm this close to importing Basara 4. I've been watching Sakon gameplay videos, and he looks so different than anything I've seen in a Koei or Basara game.

But I just KNOW there's gonna be a 4 Utage/Heroes equivalent. Probably on PS4 at that.

I believe the producers of BASARA 4 will be at the Tokyo Game Show talking about something. So 4's expansion might be announced then, so you could wait until then to decide if you'll import or not.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Cross-posting to this thread:

I got the PS4 Sengoku Musou 4 yesterday. It is by far the best-looking musou game to date (I have not played Hyrule Warriors yet, though) and the PS4 enhancements are pretty noticeable. The models and lighting/effects are much-improved over the already-awesome PS3 version. I also noticed some nice new effects like slight character reflections on rain-slicked ground. Like DW8XL, there's more enemies on-screen and no enemy pop-in. The frame rate seems about the same as the PS3 version, which is fine since it was already pretty stable. This is by far the definitive version of the game.

Here's 20 screen captures at 1920x1080.

Damn those look fantastic! Looking really forward to it.

Are missions still structured similarly to SW3 though? I really hated how rigid the requirements were for many of them, especially when trying to say kill an officer with a 300-hit combo et al. I just really did not dig SW3 at all compared to the previous SW games.

Lyte Edge

Are missions still structured similarly to SW3 though? I really hated how rigid the requirements were for many of them, especially when trying to say kill an officer with a 300-hit combo et al. I just really did not dig SW3 at all compared to the previous SW games.

Everything is an improvement over SW3. Just forget about SW3; SW4 is nothing like it. I pretty much ignored the bonus missions and still got the majority of the missions completed when finishing stages, so I don't think that there's anything too stupid like that, especially with the faster pacing of the game. I have gotten missions like "get a 700 hit combo!" but that's just in general and not against any officers.

More info from GameFAQs:

There are two types of mission, standard missions and bonus missions.

Standard missions are sequential and will show up for any character. Bonus missions are triggered by meeting some criteria. The triggers are usually using a certain character, approaching a certain officer, or entering a certain area of the map, though they can get a little complicated. I've actually made a list of the bonus missions for every stage and their triggers, though I haven't gotten around to cleaning it up and uploading it here yet.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Everything is an improvement over SW3. Just forget about SW3; SW4 is nothing like it. I pretty much ignored the bonus missions and still got the majority of the missions completed when finishing stages, so I don't think that there's anything too stupid like that, especially with the faster pacing of the game. I have gotten missions like "get a 700 hit combo!" but that's just in general and not against any officers.

More info from GameFAQs:

Thanks! Glad to hear it is a great improvement over SW3, that was a pretty big letdown. The sluggish pace, the rigid objectives, and the muddy color pallette really made the whole experience feel off. Really looking forward to this one though.

Not sure it's been mentioned...but the game also runs VERY smoothly at 50-60 fps. The only times I've noticed significant framerate drops is when unleashing big scripted attacks.

Top Bottom