• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was Child of Light a success?

nib95

Banned
I guess it's not too much of a surprise given that this is an Ubi game, but Easy on this game is labeled "Normal," and Normal is labeled "Hard."

True. To be honest, I went with Hard on my play through, on GAF's advice, and man am I glad I did. The game really wasn't that difficult at all, even on Hard. Granted I did grind a fair bit, but I still only died a handful of times, usually just out of complacency or a lack of finding the right tactical flow.

Glad to hear it is doing well. Hopefully Valiant Hearts can find similar success, it seems to be getting less promotion.

I guess it's not too much of a surprise given that this is an Ubi game, but Easy on this game is labeled "Normal," and Normal is labeled "Hard."

Yea, unless you are power leveling some of the fights and especially boss battles get challenging.

StuBurns

Banned
Well I think you could say that for most games, normal is normally not very challenging, but it just seemed especially bad with CoL. It's very rare I don't die at least once in a game, although most games have more opportunity for death I guess.

Felensis

Banned
While I'm kind of disappointed with ACIV and W_D I highly praise Ubi for their recent UbiArt activities. Played the crap out of Rayman Legends and CoL. Can't wait for Valiant Hearts. I love the style, art, music of all these games!

Damigos

Nah that's not a sign really. Even if it wasn't that big of a success, they'd still likely want to get all out of the potential sales, since porting generally isn't that expensive.

Success in sales obviously. Meaning, if Ubi considers it a success.

We would have to ask Ubi then..For me, yes, it was a success. A title i really enjoyed at a good price

Gazkapop

It definitely was in my eyes. And that's coming from someone like me who's basically never played or really cared for turn-based RPGs or JRPGs ever.

I would love it if Ubi made a sequel.

Ashtar

This has to be one of the most aesthetically pleasing games I've ever played the game is just gorgeous and I love the soundtrack. However I'm not a fan of turned based RPGs (unless it's xcom) and since I'm not power leveling some of these fights are really hard on hard. If I don't ambush my opponent and immediately put the beats on my opponent I can get killed by random mooks.
I kind of feel like I'd enjoy it more if if wore a platformers or adventure game, maybe that's why they made normal so easy

Skele7on

Banned
Having completed this game I am upset,
the art and the graphics were the best.
the tunes and the laughs
made this game were worlds apart
I hope it was a success
otherwise I'll be really depressed
a sequel would be the best.

:D

StuBurns

Banned
Child of Light,
It was surely a visual sight,
And an auditory delight,
There is but one huge blight,
Other than the easy slight,
The rhyming shit was terrible.

Philippo

It's Ubisoft, so pbviously they'll milk it.
jk

Anyway i'm really enjoying it and would welcome a more refined, and most of all longer, sequel.

Do you think they should keep the same style? A fully 3d world would be delicious with that artstyle. I'd be okay with both.

edit: also Ubisoft for god's sake just drop the rhymes.

Top Bottom