• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s in Subway’s chicken? Hint: Maybe only 50% chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

verdures

Think about how much more joy there would be in the world would be if everyone was eating poutine instead of Subway chicken sandwiches.

cptodin

Isn't that a good thing?

You actually eat healthier since you do not get your full dose of antibiotic pumped chicken

I bet there is chicken in the veggie patty somehow...

I never understood why they bother with the fake grill marks on the chicken.

subway%2Bchicken%2Bfake.jpg

Subway - "Those aren't grill marks. They're flavor stripes."

I never understood this either, when you grill chicken it has a specific taste. When I think of subway chicken, I think of the times I boiled chicken breasts to feed to my dog. A flavor so bland you don't believe it's actually chicken.

Zaventem

Best part about nyc is all the delis around my area. What's the point in going to a brand store to get a sandwich when the corner guys can make a better tasting one for cheaper.

DrSlek

I stopped eating there long ago after reading how cured meats are one quick road trip to colon cancer.

But man I used to eat there.

A LOT.

Of hundreds and hundreds of environmental chemicals and food stuffs that were looked at in that study, only one was not regarded as carcinogenic. Even their air we breath is slightly carcinogenic.

Nobody is going to stop me eating chorizo and jamon.

I don't really have a problem with this, if I'm ordering chicken on my sandwhich I want low fat protein, soy fits that bill. Sounds like a non-problem to me.

HotHamBoy

Lol, acting like they didn't know.

I mean, you can tell the shit is fake as fuck if you take the time to actually examine it.

I don't really have a problem with this, if I'm ordering chicken on my sandwhich I want low fat protein, soy fits that bill. Sounds like a non-problem to me.

Yeah, it's definitely not a problem to mislead your customers into eating a different product than the one you are advertising.

Just switch all the way to soy already.

To some here, killing more animals is preferrable to "false advertising." Interesting moral scale, that.

I assume subway in the us is trash vonsidering eveyone giving it shit. It's pretty great here in Sweden. McDonalds is still trash here though.

Madness

Subway has been garbage for a while. It is crazy how effective marketing is that people think they are a healthy alternative in terms of fast food, now it seems like their chicken is just soy filler. By the time you add any cheese, sauce, things like mayo your healthy sub is probably upwards of 700-1100 calories.

HotHamBoy

Jimmy Johns, you guys.

Much better bread. Fresh-sliced, high-quality meat. Tuna Salad made from scratch daily. Fresh cut veggies. Simple, delicious.

I used to work at one for like a year and I can tell you these things from experience. And you are getting an 8-inch sandwhich for $5, the quality trumps the quantity.

Plus, Jimmy pickles, cookies and chips are all really good.

Maybe Cory Booker was right about not importing drugs from Canada. If their chicken isn't made of chicken then their pills are probably just sugar pills!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just switch all the way to soy already.

To some here, killing more animals is preferrable to "false advertising." Interesting moral scale, that.

If we dont keep the animal population in check they'll eat all the vegetation.

Checkmate vegans.

Always weirds me out when I look at a frozen dinner and the "chicken" or "steak" is right next to isolated soy protein in the ingredients list (indicating similar amounts of each).

That's not true at all. The ingredients list is organized from greatest ingredient to least ingredient, but being close to each other isn't indicative of being similar in total proportions.

For example, if you had this ingredient list:

Chicken, water, salt

It could be 97% chicken, 2% water, and 1% salt... Or 49% chicken, 48% water, and 3% salt. What you're describing is scenario #2, but scenario #1 could also be true.

Lamel

Banned
If you have eaten subway chicken and couldn't tell that it was totally processed...then I dunno what to tell you.

this_guy

Chicken is also low fat protein. I'd rather have chicken when I order chicken.

I liked subway back when cut the bread into a wedge, so that was the 90s.

DJ_Lae

I just eat the Italian BMT.

The rare occasion I eat at Subway, this is what I get and I still like them.

Bread isn't nearly as good as it used to be and the cheese tastes really processed, but load on the veggies and sauce and it's not terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom