• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 "PRO" speculated price? What are you willing to pay?

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I can't really say I am interested at the present time. I barely see any games that utilize all the power of the PS5 so highly doubt we will ever see a game pushing the PS5 pro full limits. It's kinda like a guy who has a Race Car but never takes it on the track. SO the answer Is I am willing to pay 0 for it right now.

Now about Speculated price that is another thing. NO doubt it's going to be another shit show bonanza with Scalpers getting most of the launch units inflating prices from the MSRP. So what do I think it will retail as? I am saying $699 and they may make it a "deal" by throwing it psn for a few months or maybe some pack in game. Just my opinion.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Wm7Spsf.jpg

StereoVsn

It’s going to be $499 to $599, IMO, depending on digital vs disk.

If I decide to trade my PS5 in, might grab it. On the other hand not that many games are coming out that won’t hit PC and that I would actually want to play at release so …

Elios83

It will depend on the base PS5 price by the end of this year.
Here in Europe it seems like retailers have pretty much decided to continue to sell the disc model at around 460€ while the official price should still be 549€ and there are not official promotions running. This is a good sign.

Ideally the PS5 with disc might get a 50$/€ price cut later this year and the Pro might cost 100$ more at 550$ but I'm ready for the return of 599$.
I doubt they'll go higher than that unless they want it to be a really niche device.

Last edited:

Shodai

If Bloodborne Remastered comes out with it: $Infinity
If not and it seems like a reasonable step up: $599.99

Last edited:

King Dazzar

For some reason I've got £600 in my mind. I'd think it crazy if they went too much higher than that. But who knows. I'm actually happy this time to go discless if significantly cheaper...

omegasc

anyone need a kidney?
it depends on a LOT of things, but since it's my main hobby, I'll ignore them all and pay whatever, bathing everyone questioning my decision with a gazillion excuses that will only make sense to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom