• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Crayon

I really like robotech but I'm not that far in and it's had a few.. moments. I mentioned a difficult spike on the first boss that I beat my head against for hours before setting it to easy for that level.

Last nite, not much further in the get, I got to some real bullshit. It was a mission with three segments. I would say it takes around five minutes to get to the third segment once you've done it 3 times. We'll, it would get to the 3rd segment: "go and rescue our guy", and I would fumble around for a VERY SHORT duration of time and the mission would fail.

I had to look at a faq after like 6 tries. You have to do the whole mission over every time, of course. Turns out the guy is somewhere in a level with multiple books and crannies. The faq let me know which way to go, and pointed out the invisible timer is indeed 30 seconds. By the time I beat it, I have to turn in to a jet like a boss and fuckin jam to the spot. By the time I get there there are seconds left to save the guy. Even knowing exactly where to go I had to try that 3 times.

Things like this are major blemishes and weirdly obvious issues. I'm afraid they may be peppered through the game but we'll see.

Now, I've gotten all the Steam achievements for Final Fantasy 1, 2 and 3 on Steam Deck.

So, onto IV for the 1000th time since it released on SNES.

EPhy7ty.jpg

Well, I've finished S.T.A.L.KE.R.: Call of Pripyat for the 7th time, I believe, and Red Dead Redemption for the first time through Xenia emulator. What a game!

Then I started playing Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive, but I kinda gave up during the 6th mission because it was frustratingly difficult. Now I'm playing Ultimate Doom with a cool mod that turns sprites into voxels. It's Doom, a game never gets old or boring! And I finally started playing Red Dead Redemption II. I bought the game on launch (PC), but back then I gave up a few hours in because I got confused with the story and characters, like I was missing something (yes, I was!). Now that I've completed the first one, everything makes sense. I'm having a blast playing the game. The sheer amount of detail is mind blowing!

Duchess

Elden Ring. Will be the last of this kind of game I play, as I'm starting to become shit at them :)

Last edited:

amigastar

I continue my playthrough through Baldurs Gate II.
Cloud save thank god i still have my saves. I'm in Chapter 3. Does anyone know how many Chapters this game have?

Last edited:
welp since Apex and Destiny's new seasons started i can finally stop playing those for a little while. And i've already finished the Fortnite battle pass.

i can play some single player games. I got Splinter Cell Chaos Theory because it was cheap and i haven't really played much splinter cell before. Despite being a big Metal Gear solid fan.
its pretty damn impressive so far. I can't believe games were even doing stuff like that in 2005

i started Immortals Fenyx Rising. i like the artstyle. The gods bantering is at least better than silence. The weapons and armor loot looks cool. Mechanics feel pretty solid. I like the puzzles. On paper i should be having fun, but its not really clicking with me yet. Maybe its the game constantly telling me where to go. And the constant stopping of the game to show me a little cutscene to explain stuff isn't great. And ive been thrown into those trials areas (there version of shrines?) too many times already.

engstra

Played through P.T. for the first time since around the time it came out and damn that game is still up there as one of the scariest games.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I continue my playthrough through Baldurs Gate II.
Cloud save thank god i still have my saves. I'm in Chapter 3. Does anyone know how many Chapters this game have?
7 for the main game, and up to 10 if you play the expansion Throne of Bhaal.

badblue

Gold Member
Markiplier's playthrough of Orc Massage was recommended to me by Youtube. Seemed fun and family friendly so I bought it.

Title is 100% misleading as I'm not massaging many Orc's.... and there has been a bit of sexual harassment that I'm going to need to go to HR about.

I probably should have watched his video first...

engstra

Played through Spirit Camera 3DS last night. As a Fatal Frame spinoff I thought the concept with AR and scanning the pages of a book was kind of interesting but not that fun to play. Spend most of the time trying to get the camera to actually read the pages. Game is meant to be spooky but you have to play it in a well lit room for it to read the pages. It's also very short, took me like 2 hours to play through. Well at least it means I'm done with it and don't need to play it again.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I have do many games to play but I'm hooked on apex legends this season. It's all I'm playing.

Need to wrap up xenoblade definitive. Resident evil 3 and start on xeno 3 I have sealed. In time for God of war and all the game pass games.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Currently replaying FFX for the first time since it came out back in the day. I've changed my opinion now.
FF12 > FFX
(a month or two ago I played FF12 for the first time so my memories are still fresh)

Last edited:
Tomb Raider (2013)

This game is not very good at all. The animation is all twitchy, the camera is shaky, Lara's actions are constantly bordering on retarded and the "Tomb Raid" part of the title is limited to baby's first puzzle rooms with a chest at the end.

The combat is the worst. The AI is some of the most braindead I've ever encountered , worse than the first Uncharted.
They just kept walking up to you and taking headshots one after another. The whole game is like this, just take cover behind a crate or wall and wait. Eventually they'll abandon their cover and just come to you, it doesn't even take long. When they make their way over, headshot, rinse, repeat. It's almost funny.

You can't move bodies in the game and this is how almost every encounter I've had in the game has ended.
gZjeEca.jpg

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Tomb Raider (2013)

This game is not very good at all. The animation is all twitchy, the camera is shaky, Lara's actions are constantly bordering on retarded and the "Tomb Raid" part of the title is limited to baby's first puzzle rooms with a chest at the end.

The combat is the worst. The AI is some of the most braindead I've ever encountered , worse than the first Uncharted.
They just kept walking up to you and taking headshots one after another. The whole game is like this, just take cover behind a crate or wall and wait. Eventually they'll abandon their cover and just come to you, it doesn't even take long. When they make their way over, headshot, rinse, repeat. It's almost funny.

You can't move bodies in the game and this is how almost every encounter I've had in the game has ended.
gZjeEca.jpg
Could you be the "videogamedunkey"? Your avatar, nickname and your play style reminds me of him:pie_thinking:

Deerock71

Fortnite and The World Ends With You Neo. Tried playing Final Remix first, but it's built for the DS, and it's not the same. I decided to jump into the one built for traditional controllers. Fun so far.

I think I've given up on reading Muv Luv, it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fricking boring. Everyone says Alternative is good but I bet even that is visual novel fans (ie. teenagers and particularly dim adults) tricking me into reading something not that good. Well, I also have Stein's Gate Elite (I genuinely despise the art style of the Ryohei Fuke, I'm sorry if it's uncool but I will take generic anime art over it any day) and The House in Fata Morgana. Maybe I will read one of these instead. Maybe I won't!

I started replaying Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, I finished it on release and haven't touched it since. Also they seemingly patched Shantae and the Seven Sirens with a "definitive" mode, maybe I'll replay that too but I wasn't a huge fan of the base game (Pirate's Curse is easily the best and honestly I might even prefer Half-Genie Hero). I also just remembered that I bought the recent Klonoa re-release and didn't play it so... ugh, there's too many games.

OH YEAH I've been playing more Stranger of Paradise. It's pretty cool. I still wish it was Nioh 2, I feel like the game loses a lot of appeal to me because they sacrificed the depth of the combat too much, but it's still solidly a good game. It's just... Nioh 2 is a game for people with attention-deficit disorder (ie. me) and Stranger of Paradise is a game for normal people.

ACESHIGH

Banned
I'm just installing Mass Effect Legendary Edition on game pass.
Never played a Mass Effect for longer than an hour.
People recommended me to play the game with headphones on.

I'm on the same boat. Currently on mass effect 3. I am hooked. Lore, story and characters are amazing. My advice: Power through the beginning of the first one. That one has the best story but clunkier gameplay. More similar to KOTOR while 2 and 3 are more gears of war with RPG elements.

Nobody Saves The World & Death's Door:

I bought both of these day 1, got fairly deep into them then got distracted by other releases. Went back to platinum Nobody and cleared Death's Door, both are beautiful looking indies with their own sense of place and style, tight OST's, secrets galore, highly recommend both.

Inscryption:

In all my years of gaming I can undoubtedly say this is one of the most unique game experiences I've ever had, the less said the better, play it and find out for yourself.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Far Cry 6: I initially just wasn’t having fun with this. Once I got a rocket launcher, the Helicopters became less intrusive, so that helped a good deal. Felt like it took too long to get one though.

Another gripe being the lack of a skill tree, and having loot decide your perks. I’m ok with it, but don’t want to see it become the new norm.

It’s all clicked otherwise, and it really is more of the same formula, if you’re like me and enjoy it. No towers or anything like that. The map is revealed as you explore, and fellow guerillas will clue you in on antiaircraft gun locations and whatnot. You can even send some on missions.
The weapons available to you and their upgradeability is satisfying as is the gunplay. Still fun to fly a helicopter and blast shit.

My only issue is the sheer laziness of every guerrilla leader in the game. Its the typical videogame trope where you’re the only person doing anything at all. I even repaid another guerilla’s debt, because his bitch ass wasn’t going to. Another group of guerrillas I didn’t even want to help, after they gave me attitude despite saving all of them. Of course they’ve come around to liking me since I’m the only one doing anything.
Actually no - the random NPCs will join in and help. The characters with no names who just appear as a blue dot will fight. But their leaders are all talk and zero fight.

Last edited:

lachesis

Got my Steam Deck finally and been setting it up & testing.
My primary reason for this is for Falcom JRPGs - and trying to play Trails series, and Garghav Trillogy.

I've played Trails in the Sky 1, 2 and 3 - and just started Zero.

YuqhD02.jpg

Also installed most Ys series that I have (Origin/ Ys I & II Chronicles / Felgana / Celceta / Naphishitim / Seven) - all seems to work relatively okay with some tinkering. 7 crashed, but worked fine on older version of Proton. Only thing that I'm having real issues is that some opening movies not playing on Ys II... but game itself runs fine. Thinking about re-visiting all of them like I've done with Yakuza series. :)

Also started again on the Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker on my PS3, and also checked out Folklore... on my CRT monitor.

Other than that - still slowly working on Gravity Rush 2. Kinda got side-tracked due to the Steam Deck - and Scarlet Nexus also got pushed back. :(

Artful Escape. On Series X games pass. Tried it out since it's leaving this month. Seems stunning visually and artistically so far. I think I'm going to like this one quite a lot.

samoilaaa

I just started Cyberpunk 2077 and, I gotta say, this game is fantastic! (v.1.52 on PS5)
It's as if someone said, "Let's make Deus Ex bigger and better". POOF! You have Cyberpunk 2077.
(my only minor gripe I have with it is the cheezy dialogue. I'm playing as a female. The dialogue between the characters is like watching an action B-movie with washed up actors.)
please dont compare the story and level design of deus ex with cyberpunk's

Rippa

About to finish up Puppeteer on PS3 for the first time. So far, so good!

Then triple dipped on The Last of Us Part I on PS5.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Restarted Sekiro after finishing Elden Ring. Maybe this time I will complete it.

NMRRBvp.jpg
Cool place! But do you game on the ground? Or is just a very low table?

Sekiro it's fantastic, but for me it took a while until it clicked and then I went from having pain to having fun.

Denton

please dont compare the story and level design of deus ex with cyberpunk's
If that's supposed to mean that Cyberpunk's is somehow inferior, oh fuck off would you?

Many of Cyberpunk's missions have very good and open level design allowing for multiple playstyles, and its story is in fact better than what Eidos Montreal came up with (I still love all DX games though, even Invisible War).

samoilaaa

If that's supposed to mean that Cyberpunk's is somehow inferior, oh fuck off would you?

Many of Cyberpunk's missions have very good and open level design allowing for multiple playstyles, and its story is in fact better than what Eidos Montreal came up with (I still love all DX games though, even Invisible War).
yeah , thats exactly what i meant , cyberpunk is inferior when it comes to level design , story , character complexity , in fact cyberpunk is inferior in every way except graphics , thats it

T-Cake

Well that's a bit of a disaster. I started playing Immortals: Fenyx Rising, something I was really looking forward to, and seemed to have burned out already after just uncovering the second area! I've been going round doing vaults, chests, constellations, lyres, etc. and got a bit fed up now. Problem is if I start something else (Wolfenstein II is begging me to start it) I fear I will never return.

Shifty1897

Finally beat Ys VIII, it was good, not amazing like the hype train would have you believe. Guess I'll go back to Astral Chain to finish that off (and Resident Evil Remake?) before Valkyrie Elysium hits.

TintoConCasera

Well that's a bit of a disaster. I started playing Immortals: Fenyx Rising, something I was really looking forward to, and seemed to have burned out already after just uncovering the second area! I've been going round doing vaults, chests, constellations, lyres, etc. and got a bit fed up now. Problem is if I start something else (Wolfenstein II is begging me to start it) I fear I will never return.
Sounds like you aren't having a lot of fun.

I'd move on.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Finished the first Turtles game from the Cowabunga collection. Yes, the infamous NES-game. First time I beat it. Using save states and rewind of course, because this game is truly fucking garbage. One of the worst fucking games I've ever played. It should be illegal to release a game like this. I wouldn't be surprised if they used it as a form of torture device for prisoners in Guantanamo bay. Cowabunga my ass!

Top Bottom